Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
76 930 engine capacity

Been looking through some paperwork that came with my car.

What do you guys make of the stated engine capacity?

Car still has that engine in it and according to Porsche Australia is the engine it was built with.

I know there was a smaller capacity turbo at some stage in the early 930s history as a developmental thing.

Do we just put this down to a typo or bad info?

Old 11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Yep. No extra small 1977 930's. Bad info.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The 3.0L 930 engine displacement was 2994cc.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thought as much. Typical corner caryard details. Thanks guys.

It's a 76 but was sold in 77.

Very few were sold here in Australia. I would like to know exactly how many where delivered here?

Can PCA do a COA on my car? Porsche Australia have taken over a year and a half to get back to me.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well they have spelled chassis,tare,Scuderia and veloce wrong,and ADR actually stands for Australian Design Rules,so it stands to reason they got the engine displacement wrong as well.

Call Porsche Cars Australia and talk to Harry. He'll help you out.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
22 ROW RHD were delivered
Ive also been waiting over a year for a COA for mine,
Porsche cars are absolutely Useless, tits on a bull!

Harry A who took over best he could do for me was a friggin email that listed only basic information that i already knew and that took a friggin year!

Im biting the bullet now and paying Porsche Great Britian to get an actual COA
PCA will only return emails if you are purchasing a car from them otherwise we are not worth their time, i know in future when i buy a new one i will NOT buy one from them, and will tell anyone else thinking about it to not buy from them!!

See how word gets around PCA???

NOTE*** Harry Will NOT help you out!** Harry didnt know what one was until i sent ten friggin emails explaining what a COA is!,

First they tried to tell me that you cant actually get a COA for one!? wtf?. Pigs Ring you cant!

Last edited by Robbbyg; 11-10-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post

Harry A who took over best he could do for me was a friggin email that listed only basic information that i already knew and that took a friggin year!

PCA will only return emails if you are purchasing a car from them otherwise we are not worth their time, i know in future when i buy a new one i will NOT buy one from them, and will tell anyone else thinking about it to not buy from them!!

NOTE*** Harry Will NOT help you out!** Harry didnt know what one was until i sent ten friggin emails explaining what a COA is!,

First they tried to tell me that you cant actually get a COA for one!? wtf?. Pigs Ring you cant!

I'm just speaking from personal experience. Harry helped me with all the questions I had and all the details I needed about my 77',and he was/is a stand up guy. I think it's worth the OP at least trying to contact him.

Maybe he just didn't like you.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post

Maybe it's your demeanor, you are finally correct for once..... word does get around.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Yeh I have sent 2 emails in the last year to Harry. Got brushed off? I've asked on fchat to see if there is another way to find production figures and COA. Robby, when you say 22 RHD where delivered. Are you talking Australia? And is this for 76 or all the 3L 930s.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
Yeh I have sent 2 emails in the last year to Harry. Got brushed off? I've asked on fchat to see if there is another way to find production figures and COA. Robby, when you say 22 RHD where delivered. Are you talking Australia? And is this for 76 or all the 3L 930s.
Hi sorry thats the number for 930's sold in 77, i got old info once that no 76 cars were sold in oz but ive seen one on carsales once, but it could have been imported.

So your car made in 76 id still call it a 76 ,
a quick way to see is look at boost bar on dash, if its 77 its 1.5bar if its not its 76 sorry i dont know much else about them (76 cars)

There werent many changes to the old turbos most of them coming from 78 and on.

The single most important thing is that its not a Grey Car from the States (low hp, heavy, and most have rust)
that its an Australian RHD Matching numbers Euro ROW car,

Got that and your in the best of the best 930's ownership club

Last edited by Robbbyg; 11-13-2014 at 05:33 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
I'm just speaking from personal experience. Harry helped me with all the questions I had and all the details I needed about my 77',and he was/is a stand up guy. I think it's worth the OP at least trying to contact him.

Maybe he just didn't like you.
Maybe he didnt,
you had a good experience others didnt

To be fair i originally my Wife applied for one about 5 months before he started, then that guy left and there was a changeover and i waited another 7 months for a COA that wasnt, the information was not forthcoming.then we/she emailed every 2 months to ask for a hows the progress going and have a nice day that sort of thing just so they didnt forget.
I assure people she has a nice demeanour

Seems they are too busy to deal with non paying people is my impression,

I get this opinion from experience because when I personally took out insurance with them they were on the phone emailing me every week with quotes until i paid it, completely different attitude.

So can only try and see what happens pot luck but the reputation is not solid so to speak.
wiildturkey has contacted twice in 12 months and no luck so there you go theres another example,

Last edited by Robbbyg; 11-13-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Yes Robby its build date was late 75 but called a 76. Was AU delivered. Porsche Australia told my parts guy that it sold in Sydney in 77 to a "well known business man" they obviously wont tell me who it was. Maybe some more research on my part may help? And yes its all matching numbers no accident damage. Not original paint and a few other bolt on bits have been changed. Other than that it's fairly honest. No boost guahe for 76. 190,0000kms. One of the first 400 built for Group 4 Homologation.

Last edited by wildturkey; 11-13-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: