Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Took the girl outside for some new insurance photos....then it started to rain...AGAIN!!!!!

Mark
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #641 (permalink)

Garage
Ohhhh man Mark. That looks great.

I rolled out this morning on my Supercups - then rolled back home on the stock Fuchs. I think I may already miss the Supercups...

Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #642 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Took the girl outside for some new insurance photos....then it started to rain...AGAIN!!!!!

Mark
Mark, as much as I razzz you about your "dubs", lowrider, etc., I've got to say, holy emmm effffein effer, your car looks absolutely spectacular in that pic! Really sweet right thar!
Old 03-31-2015, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #643 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Ohhhh man Mark. That looks great.

I rolled out this morning on my Supercups - then rolled back home on the stock Fuchs. I think I may already miss the Supercups...

Fuchs look amazing on that car.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #644 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypeoni View Post
Fuchs look amazing on that car.
Really? You kind sir are a gentleman. The Fuchs stay!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #645 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes and you also have a very desirable color combo. That is one fine 930 you have! Even still has the snorkels!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #646 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that a early S I see?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #647 (permalink)

Garage
That is my three year restoration SWB 912. I have known the car since the seventies & it has a warm spot in my heart.

My favorite Porsche that I have owned to date was my 1963 356 1600S coupe. My wife said I was too big to drive it (looked like a clown behind the wheel I guess). So I figured I would try it with a 356 "D" (aka 912).

Unfortunately I am still a clown behind the wheel...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #648 (permalink)

911/912 its a cool car. Has a vintage look about it!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #649 (permalink)

Out with the old!

I'm thinking about cleaning this stuff up and making an awesome coffee table or something.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #650 (permalink)

Our newest member AGENTX could really use all of that set-up, as he was royally screwed by a "mechanic" {sic}.
Be a pal and make him a great deal.

Just my .02 worth

Mark
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #651 (permalink)

Quote:
Our newest member AGENTX could really use all of that set-up, as he was royally screwed by a "mechanic" {sic}.
Be a pal and make him a great deal.

Just my .02 worth

Mark
That's unfortunate!

Not interested in selling, gotta keep all the stock goodies with the car!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #652 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

That's what we all say....but I would love to hear if anyone has actually sold their "modified" car AND had the new buyer be interested in all the old stock crap to go along with it???

Curious monkeys would like to know!

Maybe I should start a thread on that subject, hummmmm.

Mark
Old 04-01-2015, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #653 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what we all say....but I would love to hear if anyone has actually sold their "modified" car AND had the new buyer be interested in all the old stock crap to go along with it???

Curious monkeys would like to know!

Maybe I should start a thread on that subject, hummmmm.

Mark
Well first of all I don't plan on selling the car anytime soon.

Secondly IF I were to sell it I would most definitely put it back to 100% stock before doing so. I don't think anyone can argue that a well-sorted, bone-stock car is always worth more than modified

Then I will still have a boatload of hot-rod goodies for my next one!
Old 04-01-2015, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #654 (permalink)

I just got my 87 out from winter storage and back from an alignment & corner balance. Springtime weather in MN came early and I couldn't be happier! The car is setup for aggressive street and occasional track use.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #655 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gates View Post
I just got my 87 out from winter storage and back from an alignment & corner balance. Springtime weather in MN came early and I couldn't be happier! The car is setup for aggressive street and occasional track use.

Ryan,
Spectacular car. Favorite 930 color...with those wheels, it looks even meaner.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #656 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Last year on the Banking at Daytona.

Pete, it is an awesome car you've built.
If you find yourself in northern Europe you have to stop by. I'll give you a tour of the distillery, worth your while, I promise.
The historic grand prix' we have in the two main cities in DK are also worth seeing...
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #657 (permalink)

Hey there Patina,
So what you are saying is that you would not only give back all the worn out stock parts, but you would first restore all of those pieces and put them back on the car...hummm
Seems like a very tall and expensive proposition.

In my case that would mean welding up the through holes that were needed to install the Taratt front sway bar, cut off the welded on lower control arm tabs for the sway bar. Cut off the welded on WEVO rear sway bar mounts, and somehow find and reinstall the crappy stock sheet metal ones. Buy all new A/C lines and A/C condenser, rebuild the "auto climate control" box so it actually works. Buy complete new front struts & spindles, source those real cheap ugly Fuchs etc. etc. etc.
Seems like a whole lot of time and $ for a possible increase in value that I highly doubt would match the cost of the reversal process. Now if mine was a "75 or "76 maybe, but not for an "84.

Probably just writing this to hear myself talking....

Mark
Old 04-02-2015, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #658 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:

Mark
Wow!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #659 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
dayum, youses been busy beaver's over here - awesome pics all around!

Ryan, welcome and your stance (I hate that word) looks perfect! Looks awesome on them wheels.

Michael - did you sell the Speedlines? I'm a bit torn on which 'look' I like better on yours. Both look gnarly!

patina (howabout a name in yer sig so we don't have to call you a screen name?)... AWESOME SHOTS! Love the before / after... that's a fun pic to study to comparo/contrasto the flow differences - and - the full system in tact on the floor RULES!

I SO DARE YOU to do the ubercoffeetable idea - that would be soooo beyond awesome!!! NIKE!

Damn Mark, there's definitely shots of your car where I "don't get it" (the slammed low'ness, just not for 'me')... but... farq... @ that angle? That looks wickedgood! Nice.

a'ight... been awhile since I've either posted one from the archives or created a new opp

What's Her Face got me some Summit Racing goodness fer mah bday... FMOC grillage for stone / detritus protection, and valance ducts to finally tie in my brake hoses to the valance.

930potd - the finished product after last night's efforts:

Leaving the grill "nickel" finish for now - would have to get it powdercoated as paint won't hold. Mebbe Plastidip's an option as well. I'll let it talk to me for awhile and see what it seyz. The black cooler that it's riiiiiiight up against pulls a lot of the brightness out of it and tones down the bling factor.

Also squared up the valance fitment a bit, it was a tad off from initial install last summer.

Lastly, also noted in ze pic: The Great Chrome v. Painted Ring Debate on me H1's continuez! My idjut friends keep toiling over this, I started with, then have been running commando - but I too am definitely torn. What say you???

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-03-2015, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #660 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: