Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tracker85 View Post
Ukusto,
since this clone had original SC brakes, I wanted to go 930 system for some 'oringiality' and hoping to be able to keep my 16" BBS if I can find tires.....

onboost
I don't try to remember what to do, we have Steve Weiner, the walking, talking encyclopedia on these beasts. too bad he is so far away.

Patina,
I had been thinking about painting this car cobalt blue. but the more I notice blue cars on the road I have shifted my plan to casablanca beige metalic.

my 85 targa is white gold with choc brown full leather. LOVE it. more I see cars in CBM, the more convinced I am to do that. only consideration is the car will have a black interior but still think CBM and black interior will look good.

although a clone, wanted to use a original color for 78. thanks for your pics and post more if you have them....
My car is Casablanca/Black... originally it had dark brown but has since been changed. I can't say enough about the color, I didn't choose it but I'm so happy I ended up with it. The color gets so many compliments from all types, not just Porsche guys.

'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-06-2016, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1941 (permalink)

Quote:
Ukusto,
since this clone had original SC brakes, I wanted to go 930 system for some 'oringiality' and hoping to be able to keep my 16" BBS if I can find tires.....

onboost
I don't try to remember what to do, we have Steve Weiner, the walking, talking encyclopedia on these beasts. too bad he is so far away.
All good, I just happen to be familiar with this as I've done several sets over the years. My 73S still wears the last set I did on its SC trailing arms.
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1942 (permalink)

Washed it today.

'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-06-2016, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1943 (permalink)

Casablanca Beige metallic is just so classy on the Turbo.

And apparently several of us are also partial to the Mercedes coupes as well..

RGruppe #180
Old 03-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1944 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post

Awesome! Post some more pics! I love the AMG Aero Wheels.

Here's one more of my '93.

'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-06-2016, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1945 (permalink)

Garage
Patina, that W124 coupe is stunning....just what a Benz should look like. That Bruno Sacco was a great stylist. Your car's stance/wheels/color....just right. Love it! John in CT
Old 03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1946 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Large Member

Garage
I was gonna comment but figured meh I'd let it go - buuuuut, seeing as John opened ze door I'll jump thru 8-)

*badass*, Patrick - HUGE W124 fan here (have had a few)... looks great on the Monoblocks

seen yerz before Paul, but - heh, you too! SEC's FTMFW! Great color to boot! PIMPIN!!!

crykie - this thread has grown to nearly 50pgs / 2k posts - love it!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1947 (permalink)

Looking great guys!
Beautiful looking SEC Onboost - love that color!
And I agree with Paul's comments on the W124 CE - awesome.
Glad to see the enthusiasm for these Benz Coupes.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1948 (permalink)

onboost,
at least I remembered something had to be done to fit the 930 brakes on the SC.

patina,
that rear fender shot sealed the deal..... Casablanca Beige Metallic it will be ...

was considering cobalt blue as I have not had a blue car and was hesitant to do the 930 in CBM with the white gold targa.

when I originally found my targa, 'gold' was probably the last color I would have said I wanted. but when I saw it ...

and a big part of why I bought it back after selling. pic is from just before I reverted to street. so all the track window stickers are gone and now back on the original 16" fuchs. those kinesis are now on the 951 DE car. I was surprised they fit.

off to the shop to hopefully finish the work on the 944S today.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1949 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
I was gonna comment but figured meh I'd let it go - buuuuut, seeing as John opened ze door I'll jump thru 8-)

*badass*, Patrick - HUGE W124 fan here (have had a few)... looks great on the Monoblocks

seen yerz before Paul, but - heh, you too! SEC's FTMFW! Great color to boot! PIMPIN!!!

crykie - this thread has grown to nearly 50pgs / 2k posts - love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeffries View Post
Patina, that W124 coupe is stunning....just what a Benz should look like. That Bruno Sacco was a great stylist. Your car's stance/wheels/color....just right. Love it! John in CT
This is my first 124 but man I am in love, it has been a lot of fun. I've done a ton of subtle modifications with the intention of giving it the OEM+ look. It has come a long way from stock!

Cleaned it up yesterday and snapped a quick photo at the grocery store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Looking great guys!
Thanks!

Quote:
onboost,
at least I remembered something had to be done to fit the 930 brakes on the SC.

patina,
that rear fender shot sealed the deal..... Casablanca Beige Metallic it will be ...

was considering cobalt blue as I have not had a blue car and was hesitant to do the 930 in CBM with the white gold targa.

when I originally found my targa, 'gold' was probably the last color I would have said I wanted. but when I saw it ...

and a big part of why I bought it back after selling. pic is from just before I reverted to street. so all the track window stickers are gone and now back on the original 16" fuchs. those kinesis are now on the 951 DE car. I was surprised they fit.

off to the shop to hopefully finish the work on the 944S today.

It's an awesome color, you're making the right choice! That Targa looks mean on the Kinesis wheels!
'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-07-2016, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1950 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

SEC a blast to drive, back in the day I picked one up in Miami and drove to Dallas. It was a white 500 AMG car, I'll never forget that trip, 14 hours from Miami to Dallas.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1951 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patina View Post
Awesome! Post some more pics! I love the AMG Aero Wheels.
Quote:
Looking great guys!
Thanks guys, .
Don't have many really good pics, and last week just tore into the interior to adjust some stereo upgrades, and into the under carriage to replace a leaking pwr steering hose and some susp bushings. Its a 90, w/factory color.. blue/green. I bought it some time ago from original owner who ordered it with AMG springs, wheels, and gauge cluster . Will be adding Euro lights, & exhaust soon.

Yasin, Pat, both your coupes look great too!

Also, if you know of anyone interested in the 3-piece AMG rear deck spoiler for the 300.. I have one I'd like to see go to a good home.

RGruppe #180
Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1952 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks guys, .
Don't have many really good pics, and last week just tore into the interior to adjust some stereo upgrades, and into the under carriage to replace a leaking pwr steering hose and some susp bushings. Its a 90, w/factory color.. blue/green. I bought it some time ago from original owner who ordered it with AMG springs, wheels, and gauge cluster . Will be adding Euro lights, & exhaust soon.

Yasin, Pat, both your coupes look great too!

Also, if you know of anyone interested in the 3-piece AMG rear deck spoiler for the 300.. I have one I'd like to see go to a good home.
Car looks great!

Funny you mention the stereo upgrades, I just went through a huge round of that.

Before (Factory Door Panel):

After (Custom Door Panel w/full deadening):

Sister Photo of a factory tweeter:

Custom Sandwich Mount:

And the Subwoofer Enclosure (he went a little more 'trick' than I wanted but I left it in his hands and overall could not be more pleased)

Needless to say the sound is incredible, have had several audio engineers say it was one of the best sounding stereos they've ever heard.
'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1953 (permalink)

I like how this turned into a Benz Coupe page...evil grin!
Old 03-08-2016, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1954 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
^^^^ What happened to POTD?
81 SC Euro WB, 930/51, 3.0l Bored & Stroked to 3.2l, Ported Polished Twin Plug heads, Ruf IC, K27 7006, Powerhaus headers, Zork, 009 inj, Alum inj blks, 044 pump, BLwur, Mocal Oil cooler, LM2, 930 4 sp LSD, 930 Brembo brakes, Retroair a/c, Euromeisters.....
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1955 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Sorry if I posted this before.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1956 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
^^^^^ Nice!

81 SC Euro WB, 930/51, 3.0l Bored & Stroked to 3.2l, Ported Polished Twin Plug heads, Ruf IC, K27 7006, Powerhaus headers, Zork, 009 inj, Alum inj blks, 044 pump, BLwur, Mocal Oil cooler, LM2, 930 4 sp LSD, 930 Brembo brakes, Retroair a/c, Euromeisters.....
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1957 (permalink)

Quote:
I like how this turned into a Benz Coupe page...evil grin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Euro View Post
^^^^ What happened to POTD?
That's funny!

Sorry guys...
RGruppe #180
Old 03-08-2016, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1958 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patina View Post
Car looks great!

Funny you mention the stereo upgrades, I just went through a huge round of that.

[Needless to say the sound is incredible, have had several audio engineers say it was one of the best sounding stereos they've ever heard.
Super nice install Pat.. love the door panel work.
I'm stringing all the wiring etc.. in my car because most of the "young-bucks" at the stereo shops don't understand how the cars (or 930s for that matter) come apart and I truly despise long blk self-tapping screws as a fix! Also, speakers will go back to stock location so as not to cut the car at all. Still trying to work-out the sub details but really like yours!
RGruppe #180
Old 03-08-2016, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1959 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Time to get this post back on track!!!

[IMG]FB_IMG_1457371936819 by Brad, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_20160308_064310 by Brad, on Flickr[/IMG]
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 03-08-2016, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1960 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: