Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Rocket Scientist

I would buy a shifter from Roland before I would buy one from D-Zig. That is about $100 in metal, and $250 in machining. For that markup I expect quality, period. At these small volumes, QC happens on the vendor end, not the customer. Each one should be inspected, 100% inspected.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Roland, If Dzug had any balls they would instantly give you a refund, apologies and withdraw the product from the market until they can commit to a quality control program. Any of you here who believe this is a one off mistake are dreaming and must know very little about manufacturing.

I challenge the D-zig guys to post picks of a a shifter the way it should be. I bet they can't because all of the ones they have in stock have the same problems highlighted by Roland.

Give the man his money back and do the right thing or piss off.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Roland, If Dzug had any balls they would instantly give you a refund, apologies and withdraw the product from the market until they can commit to a quality control program. Any of you here who believe this is a one off mistake are dreaming and must know very little about manufacturing.

I challenge the D-zig guys to post picks of a a shifter the way it should be. I bet they can't because all of the ones they have in stock have the same problems highlighted by Roland.

Dude really? 6 post is all you have. This is how you intend to collaborate with the long time members here? You obviously don't know the history that the DZug guys have on this forum. There is no argument between Roland and DZug. I'm sure Pelican or the DZug guys would have gladly given Roland back his money....for whatever reason it didn't play out like that since Roland never asked for a refund. So if anyone should be pissing off.....it should be you
Old 12-05-2014, 03:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Dude really? 6 post is all you have. This is how you intend to collaborate with the long time members here? You obviously don't know the history that the DZug guys have on this forum. There is no argument between Roland and DZug. I'm sure Pelican or the DZug guys would have gladly given Roland back his money....for whatever reason it didn't play out like that since Roland never asked for a refund. So if anyone should be pissing off.....it should be you
I have to agree to your statement, not the way to communicate. On the other side, he said one thing I was thinking from beginning: All shifters are like mine, more or less... Maybe some a bit better within definied specs.

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 12-05-2014, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

WOW... really? Here's mine just for reference, I purchased this about a year ago, no problem with the alignment.

I will defend their product because I have bought several things from them with out any issue including; custom leather wrapped lollipop seat, 035 shifter w/917 knob, two rsr pedals ( I have them in two cars ), 935 style crank pulley, steering guibo and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. Pete and Justin have been nothing but helpful! Hell I was unsure the best approach to install their steering rack guibo, Pete called me and walked me through it, ended up talking about their 935 for half hour. Roland, I agree your shifter definitely has a problem, but the proper approach would be to contact them, if they said that's how they are and didn't try and resolve the issue then I would side with you. However, not giving them a chance and calling them out is not fair IMO. I hope you both resolve this issue because I for one like having a company like D-ZUG around that offers us things that are otherwise unobtainable.

Last edited by ObrHaus; 12-05-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 12-05-2014, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

let me pile on just a bit....buh bye.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

All I have to add to this is the clear is starting to pop off the carbon fiber reflector I got from Dzug and it dosen't have many miles on it. I guess it is off to a body shop to get it re-cleared.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Not to turn this into a reflector thread, but mine is still perfect and I purchased it in 2011. It was from their first batch.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S 997.2 (SOLD)
Old 12-06-2014, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
^awesome car^ - more pics!? Rear bumper details?

Might as well as this thread is derailed anyway

That rear bumper rulez!

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 12-06-2014, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Does anyone have a good Chilean sea bass recipe?
Old 12-06-2014, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

I like to slow roast mine on the tea tray. Really freshens the cabin up too
Old 12-06-2014, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
I think she does - I'll ask her and report back to the group!

Old 12-06-2014, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Yah, I'd go with hers.
I knew you had more than Paul'sballs in that filthy mind of yours Ronnie
Old 12-06-2014, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Banned

^^^ Ha! There's plenty of room for all manner of filth in my dome, and besides, Paul's Smurf-gear doesn't require much space!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote de gsxrken

I think she does - I'll ask her and report back to the group!

I got a feeling if she did have a recipe...you wouldn't share it with us......yummmmyyyyy
Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

I donno...
All the South American beauties I've met here in Florida are genuinely sweet and friendly.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

There is "nothing" better than a nice set of tits to detour the thread!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
YABOES. BbbbbBBbBBBbBbBbbbbbBbbbbBbbBBBBBBbb...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 12-06-2014, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Paul all I can add is this is as close you will get ....

is that a good looking hood or what ?

Kozmo
Old 12-06-2014, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Conductor...this thread is derailed, wild + crazy...but I like !

Old 12-07-2014, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: