Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest D Zug shifter

Does anyone here have one of these in their car? Do they work well in a street car?

88 Targa-sold
84 Cab-totaled
Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have one, but did not drove it yet. But maybe you are interested about the quality, not that good unfortunately. Check my thread for info:

Another rust combat

and here what I made to improve:

Another rust combat

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Roland, you should send D Zug an invoice for performing Quality Assurance checks on their shifter and providing them the information they need to straighten up their act. It's too bad you had to deal with that but I'm impressed with your modifications. You should market your own shifter. You obviously have higher standards than D Zug...
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The first Hargett ones suffered issues as well. I had one break twice... I think they finally fixed the issues in design which were pretty obvious and I believe people now are not having issues with it.

Send the D-Zug boys your feedback and see what they do with it...

Cheers
Old 11-21-2014, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have one, it is stiff because the throw is so short, I love it but I rev match all my shifts! I think there is a learning curve to it, I've had instructors in my car who had trouble with it at first but once they got the hang of it they loved it too.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
Roland, you should send D Zug an invoice for performing Quality Assurance checks on their shifter and providing them the information they need to straighten up their act. It's too bad you had to deal with that but I'm impressed with your modifications. You should market your own shifter. You obviously have higher standards than D Zug...
Well I am not willing to spend time for that. I am sure they know about the deficits as they are that evident... I guess D-Zug is just not demanding with the product

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-23-2014, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
JWest has a 930 shifter on the market now. Any feedback on their unit? I have one of their shifters for my 914/6, but once adjusted properly ... the damn thing (the old shifter) actually shifts to my liking. Thus the Rennshift is on the shelf!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbster09 View Post
JWest has a 930 shifter on the market now. Any feedback on their unit? I have one of their shifters for my 914/6, but once adjusted properly ... the damn thing (the old shifter) actually shifts to my liking. Thus the Rennshift is on the shelf!
I have the Rennshift on my 930(which has a Ruf 5 speed) and I love it. I had the Wevo when I had my 4 speed...and I love that one too! One thing that is great about the Rennshift that it is built as a complete unit(plus has a reverse lockout). With the Wevo one must reuse the shifter housing...no biggie though...can't go wrong with either.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffighter View Post
I have one, but did not drove it yet. But maybe you are interested about the quality, not that good unfortunately. Check my thread for info:
and here what I made to improve:
Prof,
Most excellent evaluation and write up.
What a piece of junk -- looks like Chinese manufacture -- and over $600??!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Bad LT

Yeah that's a bit of a shame about the quality of the D-zug shifter. Looks very rushed into production.

Last edited by Uncle; 11-25-2014 at 12:42 PM..
Old 11-25-2014, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
could be (unfortunate) early production glitches

I'm sure Pete'll catch that feedback and aim to address

for what it's worth, my X-bar of theirs is a work of artisanship...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 11-25-2014, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Indeed, my shifter is not out of alignment at all like yours proffighter? I also have one of their seats, pedals,,, like krasuskyp, mine to is excellent quality stuff!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Turbo Hooligan

dear all concerned with our shifter...
it works just fine in our project mjolner, 935 K3 and 934, and over 100 customer cars worldwide.

Roland, I'm sorry your shifter isn't up to Swiss watch specifications.
and that you never once contacted me about a problem, only complained to other pelican's on this forum.
and I'm sorry that you haven't even driven your car with it!

I assure everyone that every one of our products is made in Wilmington, NC in the USA.

here are some links attached to our shifter if your interested.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-25-2014, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

one of our customers on track with our shifter...

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 11-25-2014, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
dear all concerned with our shifter...
it works just fine in our project mjolner, 935 K3 and 934, and over 100 customer cars worldwide.

Roland, I'm sorry your shifter isn't up to Swiss watch specifications.
and that you never once contacted me about a problem, only complained to other pelican's on this forum.
and I'm sorry that you haven't even driven your car with it!

I assure everyone that every one of our products is made in Wilmington, NC in the USA.
Whoa.... this is a horrid response pkracer.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 11-25-2014, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
While I greatly appreciate the passionate few who produce after market parts our niche market I have to say, I agree 100%
I'm going to reserve judgement as to the quality of the shifter but the above responses are a huge turn off.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObrHaus View Post
Indeed, my shifter is not out of alignment at all like yours proffighter? I also have one of their seats, pedals,,, like krasuskyp, mine to is excellent quality stuff!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
And just why exactly? The videos and positive feedback from customers (that have been using the shifter on the road and track in actual driving conditions) speak for themselves. We will be more than happy to fix or repair any issues identified IN USE but the customer needs to CONTACT us first!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-25-2014, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Freaking awesome vids though
Old 11-25-2014, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Thank you

And just why exactly? The videos and positive feedback from customers (that have been using the shifter on the road and track in actual driving conditions) speak for themselves. We will be more than happy to fix or repair any issues identified IN USE but the customer needs to CONTACT us first!
I concur...I've had a couple of minor issues that received the upmost attention by the DZug guys. Excellent customer service and communication. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again....
Old 11-25-2014, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
As read in Car and Driver, one of our customers, a vintage Porsche mechanic, just drove his D-Zug shifter equipped 934 replica from Ontario, Canada to the Daytona, Florida for the 24 hour Historics.... through a blizzard.

Epic Snow Couldn't Stop This 560-hp Porsche

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-25-2014, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: