Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Old car guy.....

Garage
Wiring in left quarter is a mess

With my intercooler out for another project I noticed how messy the wiring in the left quarter panel is. It doesn't look like most that I have seen. Where would I find a diagram for this. It actually looks like a lot has been deleted and a few things just left hanging. I tested the loose wires and none were hot. There are four loose wires: (1) yellow, (2) tan or dirty white, (3) purple and (4) white. What do you think, just tape them up or try to trace them down. This rear fuse box has almost nothing hooked up to it, one hot wire in the lower left corner, is this normal?

1981 SC Steel Widebody, DP Lid, 930/51 to 3.2l, K27 7006 Turbo, DOD, P&P Twin Plug heads, Twinfire Ignition, Ruf Intercooler, Powerhaus headers, Zork, CIS Euro FD, 009 injectors, 044 pump, BLwur, 930 4 sp LSD, Mocal 44 w/fan, LM2, Brembo, Retroair, Euromeisters
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
wire harness problems fixed !

Dude I can not tell you enough Dennis , he is the man who help me fix my car after I he built my new harness . My car had major melt down issues from front to back and he helped me from phone and texting while he was on the job to help me . He stands behind his work 100% and his knowledge is good . Just tell him Kozmo gave you his number and all is good ...

Dennis Powell
360-878-6276

Kozmo
Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
Dude I can not tell you enough Dennis , he is the man who help me fix my car after I he built my new harness . My car had major melt down issues from front to back and he helped me from phone and texting while he was on the job to help me . He stands behind his work 100% and his knowledge is good . Just tell him Kozmo gave you his number and all is good ...

Dennis Powell
360-878-6276

Kozmo

Thanks, Kozmo for the contact. If I don't figure it out in the next few days I will give him a call.
1981 SC Steel Widebody, DP Lid, 930/51 to 3.2l, K27 7006 Turbo, DOD, P&P Twin Plug heads, Twinfire Ignition, Ruf Intercooler, Powerhaus headers, Zork, CIS Euro FD, 009 injectors, 044 pump, BLwur, 930 4 sp LSD, Mocal 44 w/fan, LM2, Brembo, Retroair, Euromeisters
Old 12-07-2014, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Maybe related to this: Fuel pump runs with ignition on

Maybe related to this: My fuel pump runs with ignition on. This is a condition that has existed since I have owned the car. The harness is plugged in at the back of the air meter and makes no difference whether it is plugged in or not. I need to check this plug for power. The plug has a brown w/black stripe and a brown wire going to it. I think I remember reading that this was originally wired thru a relay in the left quarter electrical box which would relate to my original post. I found a diagram but I am not smart enough to understand what it is telling me. It is also a little fuzzy, sorry. Can someone interpret this for me?

Old 12-07-2014, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: