Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clicking Throttle

My 85 Euro 930 recently developed a clicking sound at the engine each time I step on the throttle when the engine is running. It only once each time I step on the pedal and it's quite loud. Every time I press it goes Click at the engine area. It also goes when I turn off the engine. I had this sound few years ago and a visit to the mechanic solve the problem until now. It does not do anything to the car but it seem strange. Anybody knows what is making this sound??

Old 12-15-2014, 11:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bypass valve piston hitting the end of the housing. Worn rubber pad. IN my 88, that was exactly what was going on. Not 100 percent sure in a 85 euro
Old 12-16-2014, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
930 Turbo

Changing 930 dump-gaskets, pictures galore
Old 12-16-2014, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You own a 930, you eventually have to replace those rubber pads/gaskets - it just goes with the pride of ownership. Not a huge chore. I didn't remove the entire manifold, just pulled the end caps off to get to both ends of the piston assembly. Pretty limited finger space to get to the nuts, though, and certainly easier to remove the whole assembly.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I agree with Mark's contention that it's easier to simply pull the assembly to install new seals. It's not a difficult proposition, the parts are about as cheap as any you'll ever buy for a 930 and it'll give you an opportunity to do some cleaning in otherwise impossible to reach areas.
By United States Marines.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks a million. Will start dismantling when time permits. What is the gasket/seals make off??

Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: