Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I did find the hoses if you can use them also.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I need one as well. any condition.
Where did you get it? Any more from tha same source?
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Need help with York Compressor and Bracket '82 930 Turbo

I have a 1982 930 Turbo 3.3L Euro car that the A/C Compressor has gone out on. I was looking at just biting the bullet and getting one of the performance kits from Griffiths that comes with a new compressor. When I sent them pictures of my bracket they indicated that although they'd sold a lot of ac upgrades for 1976-1989 turbo's over the years
they've never seen a bracket (welded up) like I have for a turbo of that era.

From what I've been able to pull together (not sure if it is correct), In 1982, for a "York" compressor they used an upright vs a laying down (SC) York. And the upright York is unique to the 930. From your images they don't have atypical genuine 930 upgright York. The hoses attach to the 'face' of the compressor body just above the compressor clutch shaft.

I can send more photos if needed!

So I guess my questions are:

1. Is it correct that the compressor should be upright and not the one I have?

2. Do I need a new bracket? If so, any suggestions?

Other comments and advice welcome!

Old 05-06-2016, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Is there anyone that rebuilds and rebus them to new condition?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotoo View Post
Is there anyone that rebuilds and rebus them to new condition?
I am sure that there are, but I would not do it. I am a stickler for original equipment, but 45 year old refrigerant hoses and an antique compressor design simply won't do, if you actually want to cool your car. I installed a set of hoses from Griffith and one of their rotary compressors two years ago. They have given me around 10000 miles of trouble free air conditioning, including a coast-to-coast drive during July in decent comfort. My Turbo 3.0 is black.

My next improvement in cabin comfort will be to tint the windows to the max. The solar gain is the biggest problem with keeping these cars cool in summer, IMHO.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Just took the compressor off of my RoW '85 Turbo. Not sure if that helps. I don't want it!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: