Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

how to disconnect throttle linkage

So I need to disconnect my throttle linkage, but everything I have read simply states to disconnect it. Maybe I am being dense here, but other than pulling the socket off the ball (pictured in the red box), I don't see how. I cant separate it with the connection pictured in the red oval.

Do I just pull the socket off the ball? Is there a technique? is there another way? I don't want to break/bend it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
…when i was doing all there is to be done to drop an engine, i disconnected the ball/socket joint uo on top of the engine, behind/below the manifold…from there its an easy disconnect at the red circle in your photo…i get your concern though…disconnect, but don't break or bend…i used a needle-nose pliers, i believe, to wedge the socket off the ball...
Old 01-05-2015, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. I used the needle-nose pliers and got it off without issue. I just wasn't sure that it would pop off without breaking anything.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Obviously it did not have the retaining clip. You might want to put some in crucial place like the pedal cluster/tunnel location and the one you just did. Not an easy road fix road if it pop out.

You can also a use dress making pin instead.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/pel_search_2014.cgi?SUPERCAT_FLAG=Y&make=POR&Context_make=&please_wait=N&LastVisited_input=911M&Previous_Section=&forumid=8&threadid=826960&command=DWsearch&description=ball+socket&I1.x=0&I1.y=0

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 01-06-2015, 01:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: