Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtrom View Post
I read all 9 pages. Great read and wonderful project you have there. The pictures and descriptions of your various tasks make it seem you are accomplishing all of this with ease. Nice work.

Can you comment on the weight of the speedlines vs the Fuchs? I heard the speedlines are very heavy...

Thanks and I look forward to more progress.
Thanks! It may seem that way but pelican how-to threads are the reason why.. such a great community and knowledge base for diy. Went for a drive today and now my windows won't go up so get to dig into that now haha as for the ruf wheels and weight.. yes the fuchs are a lot lighter but after a spirited drive today the whole weight thing on rufs seems to be blown way out of proportion. There is probably a slight difference in acceleration but its minimal and for street driving who cares. If theres a difference in acceleration its made up on the corners because i could carry a lot more speed through them today than on the fuchs with the better tires and contact patch. I'll put the fuchs on after a few drives to report back.

'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts - Ruf speelines 17x9-10
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 08-24-2019, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
They look great Jacob. Love the color of your car. Your front lefthand side accordion (bumper bellow? ) seems off...or is it the camera? Seems like something Iíve done in the past
Good eye! Thanks! The bellow isnt bolted on anymore on all 4 corners.. i snapped the threads off a couple years ago getting the fender off so it gets contorted easily. Luckily i have nos ones waiting on a box for the future :]
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts - Ruf speelines 17x9-10
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 08-24-2019, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
We had a nice little fall snow storm this past Thursday. So a buddy and I got a great drive in the night before! Had a clean run up and over Squaw Pass here in CO and the weather could have been more perfect.

Weather is looking good again now.. Gotta soak it up before she's in the garage for the winter! Now to figure out what projects to tackle this winter
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 10-11-2019, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Digging into some rust fixing! Bumper tube area on the drivers side is pretty bad.. so fix it right? Been itching to start on the body rust repair so starting here where I don't have to dig into painting right now.

'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 02-28-2020, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #184 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

Grinding along :]
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-01-2020, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)
Registered

Nice job amigo! Rebuild her. Better. Stronger. Faster.
Denver, CO
Old 03-02-2020, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Thanks Brandon!

Restoration design panel really fits well! Had a small impact on this side.. luckily small. Likely the reason for rust and fever issues. Hammer and dolly straightened out the front panel. Pretty much mocked up and ready to track on. Had to order a new bumper tube for the passenger side so everything will line up as best as possible before final welding takes place. Bumper tube bracket drilled out to give the spot weld look from the factory.
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-06-2020, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)
Registered

Wow..beautiful work! Talent.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Wow..beautiful work! Talent.
Thanks! I wish I could take credit but these are the skills of another. I'll pass along the praise though!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-07-2020, 10:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
One rust problem fixed! Wish I would of done this sooner but go fast goodies are just too tempting.. hoping to get to the door jamb areas this year as well. I've collected the metal for them just need to save more money bc that will include full resray. Plan will be to strip the car to bare metal on my own later this year.. daunting to think about.
Few pics of finished panel. The guy did phenomenal work and will use him for the other metal work.

Feels good to have her back home :]

Also snagged up a driver's side sport seat at a great price too off pelican as my drivers seat is wearing out too much

The plan was to have the tartan insert upholstered in but the color varies slightly so second guessing that.. will have to recover both so they match at some point.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
super awesome wicked cool updates - nicely done

sweet score on the seat too - coming along there, keep on goin

Oak Green ftmfw...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
super awesome wicked cool updates - nicely done

sweet score on the seat too - coming along there, keep on goin

Oak Green ftmfw...
That new seat is so nice! wish it was a pair.. but happy to have such a nice drivers seat! I'll hunt a passenger side eventually to have 2 pairs as the hoarding fun is starting to kick in
Looking forward to watching your engine rebuild at some point! It will be awesome once she's back up and running!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)

Garage
I ve seen your car on instagram over the last year, cool to see you are on here and see the entire history on your car. Awesome to see it's evolution and the time upgrades, you have made. Oak Green metalic is such a *****in color. Congrates on all the progress / work and upgrades over the years.

I havn't had much time for my 930 over the last 5 years, (got married/sold my old house/bought a new house / have a 2 year old daughter now) but did get my '79 930 out tonight and blow around the local neighborhood. Have a miss at idle and a middle cylinder base gasket leak, so I really need to pull the motor, sort the leak and get it all redialed on the fueling issue. The virus is crimping my style as I was really getting amped about working on it again, but now working from home has turned 8 hour days into 12 hour days, with day care closed and the wife and I still working juggling keeping the tot happy, but hey cant complain, nice to still have a regular pay coming in.

Good luck with your continued work and look forward to following your continued progress!
Old 04-16-2020, 10:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)
Registered

Looking good! I love the color of your car!!
Old 04-18-2020, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66cal912 View Post
I ve seen your car on instagram over the last year, cool to see you are on here and see the entire history on your car. Awesome to see it's evolution and the time upgrades, you have made. Oak Green metalic is such a *****in color. Congrates on all the progress / work and upgrades over the years.

I havn't had much time for my 930 over the last 5 years, (got married/sold my old house/bought a new house / have a 2 year old daughter now) but did get my '79 930 out tonight and blow around the local neighborhood. Have a miss at idle and a middle cylinder base gasket leak, so I really need to pull the motor, sort the leak and get it all redialed on the fueling issue. The virus is crimping my style as I was really getting amped about working on it again, but now working from home has turned 8 hour days into 12 hour days, with day care closed and the wife and I still working juggling keeping the tot happy, but hey cant complain, nice to still have a regular pay coming in.

Good luck with your continued work and look forward to following your continued progress!
Thanks!! Glad to hear you got her out!!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-16-2020, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Looking good! I love the color of your car!!
Thanks Rey! Been loving your pics of the silver bullet you've been updating.. those rsr calipers are so bad@ss!!!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-16-2020, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

Had a good run over the weekend with some aircooled buddies.. and one captured this rolling shot! However on the drive I've found I have a nice oil leak (big surprise ) coming i believe from the crankshaft pulley seal and maybe the intermediate shaft plate leaking down onto the oil line and collecting on the header and smoking some. New seals/gaskets ordered as well as a new oil line from TurboKraft to avoid the tight area there with the oil line and header. oh and also leak on the oil tank level sender. Will knock that out too! Then back to driving! Will post up pictures of that fun project!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-16-2020, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)
Administrator

Just spent some time reading your cars journey and happy to hear it stayed within the Pelican Parts family! Love seeing owners taking the time to enjoy the process of restoring their cars, and your home rust repair and paint work is very impressive. With your performance mods I think the RUF wheels really tie it all together but I definitely have a soft spot for those Fuchs. Glad she's not a garage queen, hope you get the leaks squared away and have many more miles of enjoyable cruising, the Pelican Parts team is here for whatever you need down the road!
Old 06-16-2020, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni at Pelican Parts View Post
Just spent some time reading your cars journey and happy to hear it stayed within the Pelican Parts family! Love seeing owners taking the time to enjoy the process of restoring their cars, and your home rust repair and paint work is very impressive. With your performance mods I think the RUF wheels really tie it all together but I definitely have a soft spot for those Fuchs. Glad she's not a garage queen, hope you get the leaks squared away and have many more miles of enjoyable cruising, the Pelican Parts team is here for whatever you need down the road!
Thanks Gianni! Seals and gaskets were ordered from Pelican today
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-16-2020, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
great shot

bummer on the leaks but as usual yer right on it - nice

be careful w/ the tank fittings, I think it's brass or some such and the threads are super soft... I had to use a sparkplug spacer or some such w/ thread tape to get mine to bite / seal, and even then it was tenuous

keep up the good werk out thar!

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-17-2020, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: