Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Car is coming along great! Question about your K27 turbo mount from TurboKraft. Did you have any issues using it with the RarlyL8 headers. I was going to modify the original but I would prefer to keep it and used the TruboKraft mount instead.

Thanks
Brian
Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian911T View Post
Car is coming along great! Question about your K27 turbo mount from TurboKraft. Did you have any issues using it with the RarlyL8 headers. I was going to modify the original but I would prefer to keep it and used the TruboKraft mount instead.

Thanks
Brian
Hi Brian! Thanks! No issues installing the turbo mount from Turbokraft.
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Garage
Just enjoying a sunny 60 degree February day here in Denver wiring up the windows finally! Got them working, but passenger side super slow! Guessing old grease slowing it down so will dig into that! Slowly but surely it's coming along

'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 02-11-2017, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Garage
Oh man it's been a loooong time since my last post! Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Haven't been really working on her much.. just driving which is nice, but got some projects to get done prior to Rennsport road trip this fall. (tartan rs door cards/ rs carpet/ random maintenance/ tuning..) Any 930 guys from here driving out?

As she sits right now :]
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ If you are taking Hwy 80 we have a group heading there Thursday AM from somewhere in the Sacramento, CA area.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Garage
Love your car, I would love to see updated pic's of the car inside and out , Any plans to change out the front air dam

Helio
SOLD, 911GT ,CIS, 428 fwhp 450 trq, Carrillo rods, 964 cams, TT retainers,7.5 comp 1.1 bar boost 320 ml black fuel head 009 injectors, 044 pumps, 60-1 T4/T3 dual scroll turbo
Old 07-10-2018, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Bring them CCW's back
Old 07-13-2018, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaMe View Post
Bring them CCW's back
They are looooong gone :/ I do miss that deep dish on the rear. Love the fuchs though looks and driving. CCW was a big heavy rim compared to the fuchs.. its what I tell myself at night trying to fall asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
^^^ If you are taking Hwy 80 we have a group heading there Thursday AM from somewhere in the Sacramento, CA area.
Will be there Wed night! Leaving Denver Monday morning and taking the scenic route through Utah then up through Vegas through Death Valley over to Monterey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliolps2 View Post
Love your car, I would love to see updated pic's of the car inside and out , Any plans to change out the front air dam

Helio
Yes.. but not before rennsport. I have a stock airdam that I will eventually swap over once I figure out what oil cooler setup to go with (dual or single) it has a center cooler now. I'll get on those update pics, but basically the same as before other than I cut holes in the rs cards that were in there for the window switches. I'll post up some news ones though since pics are the best part!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 07-16-2018, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

This thread was a great read.

Still hunting a 930 in conditions similar to yours to "fix" and enjoy driving - holla if you find one
Old 07-27-2018, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hda View Post
This thread was a great read.

Still hunting a 930 in conditions similar to yours to "fix" and enjoy driving - holla if you find one
Thanks!

I may have the lead on a 77 turbo roller with a 77 turbo engine non numbers matching.. If he does end up putting a price on it I'll shoot you a PM! Happy hunting!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 07-30-2018, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Garage
Working on the tartan rs door cards before rennsport.. man they look so good! Wish I didn't procrastinate so long to do these. Had the material for a long time now. Story of my life!
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 09-13-2018, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Git er done! T minus 261 hours til we leave for Rennsport.

Gonna look sweet.

Brandon
'91 911 Turbo
Denver, CO
Old 09-13-2018, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

Garage
Finished up the door cards last night in time for Rennsport
Couldn't be more happy with the way they turned out!

Also found a torn cv boot so replaced both on the drivers side axle.
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 09-20-2018, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)

Garage
Looks good!

I hate wheel bearing grease. That smell sticks to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobS911 View Post
Finished up the door cards last night in time for Rennsport
Couldn't be more happy with the way they turned out!

Also found a torn cv boot so replaced both on the drivers side axle.
Make sure you torque that axle back on with the right amount of torque. You will risk ruining the wheel bearings if you do not.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

Dude... sweet door cards.

Simple additions like that bring so much more eye candy.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzaMe View Post
Dude... sweet door cards.

Simple additions like that bring so much more eye candy.
Agreed! Love that tartan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80911 View Post
Make sure you torque that axle back on with the right amount of torque. You will risk ruining the wheel bearings if you do not.
34lbs correct? Driven around and need to check torque before hitting the road on Monday.

Quote:
Looks good!

I hate wheel bearing grease. That smell sticks to you.

It's the worst! Such a messy job, but diy to paying someone to do it.. worth it I guess.
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 09-20-2018, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)

Garage
34lb is correct.
I just redid all of mine tonight due to a thread on the 911 side where the axle came out. I had no idea how often it happens. I purchased Nord lock washers to add some extra safety.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
34lb is correct.
I just redid all of mine tonight due to a thread on the 911 side where the axle came out. I had no idea how often it happens. I purchased Nord lock washers to add some extra safety.

Good call. No washers on mine.. will check torque prior to hitting the road Monday, and check them again that night at the hotel. Where do you get those washers? Guess I'll google it ha
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 09-20-2018, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobS911 View Post
Good call. No washers on mine.. will check torque prior to hitting the road Monday, and check them again that night at the hotel. Where do you get those washers? Guess I'll google it ha

I didnít have any washers either and they were all fine after a couple thousand miles. I just read a thread where the axle came out and someone posted the Nord-lock washer. I figured it was easy and cheap Insureance.
I found them on amazon.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: