Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
New Rear Valance Install

Finally ordered a new rear valance, thought to be NLA for the 930, but Jim Ellis had them. i have seen videos on youtube of how to cut the right side but was unsatisfied with just cutting the whole right side off due to it being symmetrically uneven. So I cardboard template & used a dremel for this look.

Then some rattle can GP White & clearcoat

Finished look

Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Alex,

Nice job on the cut out.

Is your 930 a European model or did you convert the rear bumpers? If you did the conversion I would be interested in knowing what it takes as far as playing around and modifications needed.

Thanks,
Edwin
Old 06-08-2015, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinL View Post
Alex,

Nice job on the cut out.

Is your 930 a European model or did you convert the rear bumpers? If you did the conversion I would be interested in knowing what it takes as far as playing around and modifications needed.

Thanks,
Edwin
Yes Edwin, its a ROW German that I brought over 2 years ago. Completely non Federalized.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Very nice!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

can you tell me if there is a folded edge/ bent edge in the bottom of the valance?
looks good

Last edited by jeos; 06-09-2015 at 08:01 AM..
Old 06-09-2015, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeos View Post
can you tell me if there is a folded edge/ bent edge in the bottom of the valance?
looks good
Formed edge, not rolled.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Well done
Old 06-09-2015, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Alex, I used to have a Borla. I see it appears to be a bit "unlevel" from left to right. Mine too was originally like this, and I was able to bend the muffler by carefully and slowly picking up on the driver's side [while mounted]. This caused the DS to lift a bit and the PS to drop a bit.

Disclaimer: do this at your own risk! Or, leave it...
Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porche View Post
Formed edge, not rolled.
Formed.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
Alex, I used to have a Borla. I see it appears to be a bit "unlevel" from left to right. Mine too was originally like this, and I was able to bend the muffler by carefully and slowly picking up on the driver's side [while mounted]. This caused the DS to lift a bit and the PS to drop a bit.

Disclaimer: do this at your own risk! Or, leave it...
If & when I attempt an adjustment of driver side I will heat the pipes & then try what you suggest. To do it unheated would just seem too risky of causing some damage at turbo mounting flange.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: