Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

R dot hood sticker question

Hi guys
Helping a friend by a car and it has the R DOT sticker on the front hood. , what is this sticker and should a 89 have a vin number sticker on the hood?
Thanks
Old 06-28-2015, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

R stands for replacement. Not sure of what the original would of had on an 89 I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

IIRC, the original sticker has a little bit of basic build/option info on it. I don't remember offhand which options it lists, but someone will probably pop on and let us know.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill View Post
R stands for replacement. Not sure of what the original would of had on an 89 I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Correct, the "R"is for replacement and the "dot" lets you know it is a certified replacement this combined with the symbol shows that it is a replacement hood purchased through Porsche.

So, the hood has been replaced for some reason, check the nose panel and fenders for any other signs of damage.

Just because the hood has been replaced doesn't mean its a bad car/deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRogue View Post
IIRC, the original sticker has a little bit of basic build/option info on it. I don't remember offhand which options it lists, but someone will probably pop on and let us know.
You will only find the original sticker on the original hood. It was very difficult to get replacement build/option decals, and most body shops didn't bother.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

This car my friend is looking for has this for sticker but it also have the option code sticker that really looks original
Did the original good have the small vin sticker like other panels?
Thanks
Old 06-30-2015, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

That's what I meant, onboost.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

should an original hood have this sticker on it or just the option code one?
Thanks
Old 07-01-2015, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: