Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool rare turbo! Congrats on the find.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 07-22-2015, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Looks just like the car on page 247 of Bruce Anderson's book (second edition). They look identical even down to the white steering wheel, polished rims, and no wheel center caps.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Beauty

That is a beautiful and immaculate looking Porsche mate. Congrats on the acquisition.

I own a 986, but I love all Porsche machines equally :-).

Cheers and enjoy.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Exceptional and unique, thanks share...enjoy !!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Congrats on a GREAT car!

You know what's cool about the "choices" in the specification for this car is that it does NOT have that obnoxious 80's feel. It is just very luxurious. The black stitching in the steering wheel adds to that -- it just isn't over the top the way many cars of that era can be -- just very "classy".
Old 07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Cool undecieded

aloha, I've had several 930's. not to be a party pooper but why doesn't it have snorkels to wash the headlights. I think those washer nozzles are are after 90's. I don't think it's original. other tells as well. just my humble opinion. cheers, geoff

Last edited by c2kid; 07-22-2015 at 06:58 PM..
Old 07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Great looking car, and i love the shifter position.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Guys, I am overwhelmed by all your positive feedback many Sonderwunsch lovers indeed.

Some things to Add: Car has no adjustable boost gauge but boost is now 1.15 factory conversion as a part of the "Leistungssteigerung package".

All Knobs and also gauges are covered with leather even the gauges ring are in blue leather.

The white part with knobs in the middle of the console was the former Telephone installation. The radio and cassette is Alpine and a lot of speakers are in the car underneath the seats there are 2 bass reflex boxes with 4 speakers each.

The lens washers on the head lamps are original and as the first German buyer stated, he visited the Netherlands in 2014 to meet his "baby"again, in total 6 headlamp washers and the two on the top of the first serie bumper is unique !
He also ordered a black rubber strip to cover the lower part of the bumper.

After the ride hight conversion at max Moritz ( after the first 1000 Km) he ordered new 9J Fuchs for the back instead of the 8J ones. So the 8J Fuchs in front and the 9J in the back.
It is correct that the white leather also has the pear effect and is not normal white what you would expect.

I will add some photo s.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
A friend had a Gemballa Avalanche that looked very similar on the inside, I think it is the only car I have seen in person with pearlescent leather (white also)
Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mood View Post
Looks just like the car on page 247 of Bruce Anderson's book (second edition). They look identical even down to the white steering wheel, polished rims, and no wheel center caps.
Mood, Thats new for me. Please can you send me a picture of this page of the bruce Anderson book I do not have this in my Library.

Recording the first owner there was a Photo of his car in Stuttgart hanging on the wall. Must see of someone in Germany can help to confirm.

Thanks in advance,

John
Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
You know what's cool about the "choices" in the specification for this car is that it does NOT have that obnoxious 80's feel. It is just very luxurious. The black stitching in the steering wheel adds to that -- it just isn't over the top the way many cars of that era can be -- just very "classy".
Are you being facetious? I ask because the interior looks about as Miami Vice as one could look. The whole car screams "obnoxious 80s"; not that that is a bad thing at all, however.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 07-22-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Old 07-22-2015, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
ibanezjs

Nice car, here the picture of mine 1981

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Entrepreneur

I agree with Ronnie. The 80's/ Miami Vice look did have style. Maybe a bit outdated now. It was kind of an in your face look.

Don't all 930's have leather on all the little interior bits.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjs View Post
Nice car, here the picture of mine 1981

ibanesjesz, Thanks for sharing this picture of your car.
This is really the first series flat-nose configuration.

You state this is 1981 car recording the red book only 1 is made in 81 can you explain ?

Regards
Old 07-22-2015, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
ibanezjs

I can't but my car is from october 1981 and the fenders are in steel.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Beautiful car. Congratulations and thank you for sharing pictures of it with us.

Best regards,

Slfan
Old 07-23-2015, 12:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
See what happens if you post a thread on Pelican to learn more about your car!

Mood Pelican member, made me aware of the Picture in The performance handbook of Bruce Anderson second edition.
A friend of mine posted the picture of this page in my whatsapp and really this is my car the phote is from Porsche AG werks photo. It is a pitty that the text belonging to this picture is not correct because this is a Flatnose order delete according to the first owner. The washer nozzles on the opposite of the bumper and the special ordered rubber strip at the lower part of the bumper are visible ! Great to see the picture in this book.

I own the first edition of the Bruce Anderson book and this photo is also printed in this one.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2kid View Post
aloha, I've had several 930's. not to be a party pooper but why doesn't it have snorkels to wash the headlights. I think those washer nozzles are are after 90's. I don't think it's original. other tells as well. just my humble opinion. cheers, geoff
Porsche switched over to the low profile washers mid-way into the 1979 930 production. My "Last 50" #1176 had the low profile ones instead of the snorkel.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
What an amazing car and find! A true sparkling gem.

I'm surprised the original owner isn't begging to re-purchase her.

Vanilla Ice.

Enjoy in good health.

Regards,

Old 07-23-2015, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
wow,wow wow,!! what a car!!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: