Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

John Congratulations for owning such a special car. I love everything about your car. I have owned a euro flat nose in the past as well and to be honest I have missed it dearly. I missed that car more than my ex-wife LOL. I thank you for sharing her with us.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Fantastic , love it!! what a find!

Kind regards

Edward

Last edited by tedzwedz; 07-23-2015 at 07:56 AM..
Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Lovely

Beautiful Body...Beautiful Wheels...and Beautiful Paint.

...and it is unique, one of a kind.

All we can say is Wow!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Slippery Slope Expert

Garage
Love the car and the paint; the interior not so much. Too, too much white.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Nice find.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 07-23-2015, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Johan,

Welcome and what a nice car. Great to have all that history on the car as well.
Very special for sure. You have a great piece of history there 😀
1986 944 Turbo
Old 07-24-2015, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

John, thank you for putting your car and information about it here. Very cool. May be some haters, but you have a gem of a car. Very, very COOL.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

its rare.. and that's the important thing..

during a year I would have several opps globally to buy a red black white etc flatnose... rare as these are.. I may never have an opp to buy this car, a non flatnose flatnose! ;-)

The world is a far better place for it!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

What a unique find. So period correct. A time when anything was possible with Porsche. Enjoy it in great health.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Can't Begin to Compete

Guys,Good Evening. This is my first post on the forum so If I've got it all wrong,forgive me!
I can't begin to compete with this 930 but thought I might post a couple of pics of my '88 930 Turrbo Targa which might be of interest.

Porsche tell me that only 55 RHD examples of this model were made. Currently there are only 14 on the road in the UK.

Now,before any purists throw up their hands in horror at the "warts on the bonnet,"may I say 2 things. I saw these Cibies on 911s in France in the '80s and loved them. Also,I consulted The Pelican Forum before fitting them and followed a suggestion there and acquired a spare bonnet on eBay so that originality could be restored!

I bought the car in 1991 and for its 21st birthday in my charge,decided that I had had enough of "the lorry gear change!" Homework brought me to Pelican Parts and after discussions with the laconic Rob went for a Wevo Shifter and a Stromski SR010 coupler.
Because of the shipping charge and the horrendous UK import taxes,a friend in California brought it over to Europe as a presant for me! Fitting it was not quite as straight forward as the instructions led me to believe.

However,it all went back in the end!

Other mods? I did fit a Rennline tower brace strut which might be considered a bit effete but I only use the car on the road and I need to put the targa top somewhere courtesy of the British weather!

Current struggles. Just had to fit a new dashboard steering column bearing and now struggling with the vagaries of the 911 heating system.(Once again,many thanks to Forum members for their posts.)

Otherwise,it's pretty much as God made it.

And a huge thank you to all the Forum members for their amazing advice and know how.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny1961 View Post
Hi Johan,

Great looking example, I live in the Netherlands and also have a 930 S turbo sonderwunsch.
The overall price after werk 1 modifications is certainly in the ball park and the car looks period correct from front spoiler onwards with the vast majority of 1982-1983 customers chosing the flatnose version. Including myself, I used to have a 1982 flatnose 930 S turbo through sonderwunschprogramm.

To be honest, its very unusual to see one with normal fenders and headlamps. Have noticed a few items on photos, but then again it was down to the customers wishes. The centre consule looks similar to Gembella model and to the best of my knowledge, this wasn't available from the choice of 3 consoles available at the time. The radio is also one that I've never seen, so its a very special car and low milage.

Best regards

Ken
Sonderwunsch = Special Wishes.. get it the way you want it!

Also, if you look at the bumper trim on these early special wishes cars, that trim is reminiscent of the bumper deco trim used on the long-hood 911S. Its the same width, shape etc.. but without the aluminum under-trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
I have heard of the 930S slant nose delete before but never seen one. I love the slant nose cars but really like this one. Very nice 930 you have.
This would not be considered a slantnose delete. There was no such thing until after late 86-87 when slantnose became an option. When this car was built, the pieces were basically ale cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2kid View Post
aloha, I've had several 930's. not to be a party pooper but why doesn't it have snorkels to wash the headlights. I think those washer nozzles are are after 90's. I don't think it's original. other tells as well. just my humble opinion. cheers, geoff
That style washer nozzle was actually available in late 78. There is a serial# cut-off as to when the factory stopped using the snorkels.. cars produced after that # had the flush style washers. This car was produced in 80 -81

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
What a unique find. So period correct. A time when anything was possible with Porsche.
And there you have it, produced at "A time when anything was possible with Porsche."
Remember, this car was built in the "go-go 80's and if you had wanted a car in paint to sample Mary Kay Pink with this style bumper and a duck tail.. and you had the means to pay for it, you'd get it. That's what the Special Wishes/Sonderwunsch dept. was all about. Whatever level of trim, body styling, and/or level of engine mods you could afford, they were available to you.

Beautiful car and thanks for sharing!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-26-2015, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

^^^^thats funny you mention pink, growing up in Jersey City I remember seeing a metallic pink 911. Which was confiscated by the Police and used as an undercover police car. Pretty cool car....perfect for those times.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Who's the owner of this car?

I'm looking for this can someone tell me who's the owner and how can I contact him.

Thank you
Old 01-31-2016, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
click on his name and send him a private message.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 01-31-2016, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Bump anyone have more pictures on this very special sonderwunsch 930?

This is by far the most impressive special special wishes porsche I have ever seen.

What is most interesting is this is a very early sonderwunsch program 930 circa 1982.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Seeing these cars and the fabulous 80s makes me want to get a mirror tile and a razor blade.
14 535i M Sport
Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

There is a Special Wishes Flatnose Turbo for sale at a Porsche Centrum in Europe atm, metallic red with leather and large console interior plus Clarion G80 Stack hifi plus walnut, lovely! https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-turbo/1985/583661
Old 12-06-2018, 01:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzwedz View Post
There is a Special Wishes Flatnose Turbo for sale at a Porsche Centrum in Europe atm, metallic red with leather and large console interior plus Clarion G80 Stack hifi plus walnut, lovely! https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-turbo/1985/583661
Cool car, love the old school hi-fi system ....price on the other hand, goes with the 80ís theme....much Crack will be needed to pay their asking
Old 12-06-2018, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

I dont think the price is too bad, its from a main dealer and is almost brand new..
Old 12-06-2018, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzwedz View Post
I dont think the price is too bad, its from a main dealer and is almost brand new..
Now how does their asking price look to you? This auction was merely weeks ago.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/po18/the-porsche-70th-anniversary-auction/lots/r0043-1985-porsche-911-turbo-flat-nose-coupe/722647

Itís a flip, they just paid 246k for it. Gonna take a long time for someone willing to pay them that kind of profit for it.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: