Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Brandon, why post a pic of Paul's attachments?!?!?!

Old 10-11-2015, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Heh heh
Old 10-11-2015, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
Iíll come right out and call B.S at sale price.

There I said it.
I said the same thing. Figure you would know pricing on pricing too.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered

lol awkward..
Old 10-18-2015, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Martin. I Knew you'd find something.
Bubahahaha.
Robbby. How can you be listing a car you already sold????

You would have got more respect by coming back and saying "hey guys I finished the car" and let it rest.

So sad...
Old 10-18-2015, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well now, after seeing and reading the long, painful, drawn-out disaster that is this car.....

Then reading the "for sale" add, I cannot be more disgusted or appalled at Robbby's audacity.

No matter how this car was originally delivered from the factory, this is NOT the same machine anymore. What we have here is a cobbled together pile of S**T, but of course this is only my opinion, others opinions my vary.

Is there no way this gentleman can be blacklisted from this forum?? Once again only my opinionated request!

Mark
Old 10-18-2015, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Someone should offer the JB weld build thread to the prospective buyers.

But any serious buyer will look at the hacked up work and make the right decision.

Last edited by IMR-Merlin; 10-18-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The ad states that the buyer fell through so it is back up for sale. That may or may not be factual but it does maintain the line of events. I'm still a doubting Thomas when it comes to any of these cars actually selling for the prices thrown around. To me a $100K 930 better be a concourse original bubble garage car.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I'm still a doubting Thomas when it comes to any of these cars actually selling for the prices thrown around. To me a $100K 930 better be a concourse original bubble garage car.
You and me both. I do not believe the hype train for a second about the supposed going rate of these machines except for the super rich buying non-driven, time capsule examples for nonsense prices.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
To me a $100K 930 better be a concourse original bubble garage car.
in the US maybe that could be the case.
Still too much for this poor car though lol.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Registered

the ad is BS, I 'know' the other party who expressed interest. They put a holding deposit on the car pending an inspection. Needless to say they asked for their money back...hmmm I wonder if it has been returned...

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/3157-whats-for-sale-in-australia-and-interesting-thread/?page=466
Old 10-18-2015, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Seems like the Aussies feel the same way we do after reading his build thread!!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Registered

Jesus can't escape this thread... Like jaws 5 or 7...

Car never sold then peddled on a local site (gumtree) not unlike Craigslist ... Though it appears some dumb f&@k bought it.. Though hope not at the alleged asking of 150.

I saw this car in the flesh and it's a disaster and death trap with the roof weld quality been such that above 90km/h I'd have feared the roof peeling back...

Let's hope the buyer takes it to a quality resto shop as it's the only way it'll get pedigree restored.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Registered

Gawd almighty...
Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

I was looking at some of the photos that the org posted,one of the pics looked like he did something to the roof,it looked like he might of tried to do some metal work(probably rot)and atemted to repair it?But not sure

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin930t View Post
I was looking at some of the photos that the org posted,one of the pics looked like he did something to the roof,it looked like he might of tried to do some metal work(probably rot)and atemted to repair it?But not sure

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Kevin, that car started out as a coupe, was cut into a cab at some point, and then Robby bought a donor roof and welded it on to the altered tub . . . he had never done any welding prior to attempting this project and would not listen to advice on how/what to do.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Rawknees,not to put anyone down,i have done a fair amount of metal wrk/bodywrk and paintwrk.I havnt seen work like that since i taught my daughter how to weld and she was 10 at the time.But hey if the guy is keepin it who cares.A for effort right.Haha
Old 01-22-2017, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin930t View Post
Rawknees,not to put anyone down,i have done a fair amount of metal wrk/bodywrk and paintwrk.I havnt seen work like that since i taught my daughter how to weld and she was 10 at the time.But hey if the guy is keepin it who cares.A for effort right.Haha
Not the worst "restored " out there. And the price is not that high compared to what some have paid for some restorations. I was at a shop where I saw one that was being re restored ( won't mention the shop ) but was amazed that someone got such a really bad one without hireing someone to check it out ( maybe cost a grand or so ) before purchase. The redo will cost him easily over $100K it was that bad. Lots of money to pay for an ID plate. Not much else of the body/chassis to reuse.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Registered

is robby working on mx5's now?
https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=630465

Old 01-24-2017, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: