Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
A Current model special wishes 930

I was plodding along minding my own business (serious Ronnie) just buckling down and working on the car and was selling a part from an sc i found and someone asked me if I wanted to sell my 930 it took me by surprise as I wasn't going to ever sell never!, so I gave them a proper price what I thought the last euro row 3.0 1977 930 would be worth, it was prob 90% complete maybe more, and they didn't bat an eye ts Been nearly 3 or 4 years I don't remember, I started here then stopped then got the ****s then frustration because sometime the info here is opinion and not fact and mistakes are made and the cycle starts all over again, and then the worlds against you cos your only an amateur and you should take it to a professional blah blah . works for some but for others there is no way we can afford a professional to even change the spark plugs, so why buy one in the first place? Well because theyre the most beautiful looking car in the world bar none and some of us will borrow and sell everything we own for a car that is in such disrepair it looks like junk and the price keeps dropping and dropping cos no one wants it until I was able to buy it and I was exstactic the first week I slept in her I kid you not and the dreams I had were the best since my first marriage.. Having said that
some pics, all the painting (5 or 6 times back to bare metal and doing it again) I did at home, same as wiring, trim, seals, upholstery, glass, etc etc, everything I did until I couldn't breathe no more I paid the price now she is going they've put down a deposit and im almost thinking of reneging im going to miss her every single nut and bolt removed and checked and questioned about here much to the dismay of many pelicanites thinking I was joking , thinking how can anyone be so friggin dum? Well some of us really don't know where the afr goes,
But after many months of reading, researching and asking dum questions I finally found out how to wire a fuel relay all by myself, but posting the photo of my octopus fuse panel at the time didn't go down well with the professionals here and caused me to have another tantrum.. lol.
But thanks all for opinions and subjective and disagreeable views thanks
Ronnie, Quattro, Karusyp, MR Fairman, Richgas guy from turbocraft, and that old guy forgot your name sorree, dam and the other guy who wrote I just cant remember , thanks to the guy that sells the silly looking exhausts? Rarlye? Zork tube?i still believe it needs to be a triple out the rear! and people here call my wiring dum? lol\ dam i sorry for forgetting more but thanks to everyone who gave me advice right or wrong doesn't matter this place is all about sharing and there is no right or wrong , only different points of view and theres nothing wrong with that,
So ill post my introduction pic which I never did before i felt to embarressed putting my lowly 77 930 up in this state on this site especially because this is how it looked after i had already been working on it for a year...

A LOT of trial and error, and i started to personalise my dream car it was my daily driver .
Cooling was at the top of my list, so i
Insulated fuel and oil and other bits from heat wherever i could

Heres a fun fact, Intercoolers were introduced to the 930 engine in late 1977 cars and not 1978 as many think, so this engine is actually politically correct, anyway i did it myself including piping , wiring, hosing etc I also made the paint myself its a ceramic mix of Arrow and Maritime Blue cos i didn't want to have any factory standard colours I call it a Current model Special wishes car im the first to drive it in this livery, and i like that. note the handmade reflector nuts

I also used fibre washers wherever i could where i thought the area may come in contact with moisture or vibrate causing wear and rust, my goal was for a future proof water proof car as she was driving in all weather,

I was offered $1500 for the headers i nearly sold them to pay for the paint im glad i didn't, instead got enough money pimping my wife in town one night

There was still lots to do but was presentable enough for a serious offer
This is A car that didn't follow the norm by having original this and that, i got what i wanted for it which was a price normally reserved for complete factory low mileage cars, So i guess theres not many around and if a buyer passes one up he/sshe knows that there may not be another chance to own a 930 regardless if its in the colour or same configluration a stranger who you never met chose 40 yrs ago so if its matching numbers and accident/rust free nothing else matters, So there you go here is a top sale of a Current model 1977 930 special wishes car , Its Matching numbers and that's about all but in this case more than enough.

Lol i just noticed i didn't paint the right side door handle she still may look amateur or stoopid but my vision as it is it looks fine to me and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder i spend three months hand cutting the paint , and now i can say that i restored a 40yr car in my home garage using nothing but a fork some string a shifter and a tin of paint, well maybe some more tools but you get the idea, a budget build is possible for anyone willing to go through a few sleepless months , sold $150k

Old 10-07-2015, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What did you end up going with for wheels and tires (brand/size)?

Looks great!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I don't believe that.
But....It does shine and I like the color.
I'm worried for the dude that got her.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I call BS as well. I didn't happen.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

i have no idea what i just read
$150k AUD doesn't surprise me in the least given how loopy prices are

me, plenty of other marques i like, to bother with aircooled prices..
Old 10-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Friends don't let friends type drunk.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
The lack of grammar makes it painful to read
Ducati 748R
Old 10-07-2015, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
This from the silly looking exhaust guy (proof I actually waded through that mess) ...
Old 10-07-2015, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRogue View Post
What did you end up going with for wheels and tires (brand/size)?

Looks great!
Thanks for the compliment!
the wheels are 17 x 9 and 17 x 9 inch Euromeisters I bought for $190 each,
I got some nice Porsche script stickers in red to attach to them they really looked the part ,
Old 10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm K View Post
This from the silly looking exhaust guy (proof I actually waded through that mess) ...
Lol had to check if anyone was reading it all im glad you bothered
Old 10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos531 View Post
The lack of grammar makes it painful to read
Sorry I was very tired and my sight isn't the best, but I hope you still got the point of the story.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Why not, ?
And I was thanking you for your opinion and advice over the yesrs,
Old 10-07-2015, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
i have no idea what i just read
$150k AUD doesn't surprise me in the least given how loopy prices are

me, plenty of other marques i like, to bother with aircooled prices..
+1 on that im now looking at much later model Porsches I can get a 2003 996 full leather and aircon for a third of the price here, prices are completely nuts.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
I don't believe that.
But....It does shine and I like the color.
I'm worried for the dude that got her.
Don't worry, I did end up not using silicone except on rocker covers and every nut and bolt checked and retorqued bar none then photographed and filed every step noted and done according to factory specs. On all intensive work I made a video of, so it goes with over 2500 photographs in hd and 20 short movies. Ill add Car is ultra reliable and absolutely no rattles now and have driven it with partner from Sydney to Adelaide twice this year around 1400 kilometres each way, I did it during late summer in temps going to 40c and also in winter through heavy rain, we only stopped for petrol car the didn't miss a beat, also no leaks or stress fractures from my non jb roof weld.

Only really bad areas are the passenger seat rips
Also was sold with uninstalled headliner, blower, heater hoses, luggage compartment wiring (I gave up on that anyway) speaker wiring, central locking mechanisms, flag mirror wiring, stuff like that, If you remember I did try to get help for my wiring but I got quite offended with the pessimistic remarks of a few of the so called experts that were here at the time,

The deposit was made yesterday he is coming on Saturday to pick it up, there is still a part of me that might change my mind im seriously considering that.. Easy to do when looking at Hagertys value for one of these in a low condition 3 is at $163k US
I sold this for $150k AUD ($108040 US) with current conversion so its actually well under current market value.
Dam now im talking myself out of it lol

My point I was trying to make was that by buying parts from this site where needed anyone can install them if they do some research and save a lot of money doing it themselves,
My costs from first photo to the last photo on this thread totals under $3000 biggest cost being wheels and the roof followed by MSD ignition then paint and leads.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkabush View Post
I call BS as well. I didn't happen.
Then pls subscribe and check back ill upload the transfer details just for you.

To be honest I believe that this car is worth easily a cool 500k not for the condition or miles but for the Last 3.0 euro Made with matching vin numbers,Think about it the very last of the true 930's? how much is the very first 3.0 worth? The buyer saw the potential in it and that is why he jumped on my price, which Im really starting to regret the more I talk about I feel it is way too low , especially when you compare the insured value of it six months apart since ive owned it it has risen at $4000 per month ($1000pw) sight unseen ,That's better than property prices.

Last edited by Robbbyg; 10-07-2015 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: added injfo
Old 10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Make America Great Again!

Hey Robby, good on you! Glad you're doing ok. Your car looks great. Sorry to see her go.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks RichGas , I hope to be back with another cheaper Porshce
Old 10-07-2015, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I call BS also.... I just scrolled through all the aussie sites I could find and his car's not there. Plus reverse image search pulled up no hits.

Budget builds can be built in your garage for sure,

here's mine...

Old 10-07-2015, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Glad you're back tho
Old 10-07-2015, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
I call BS also.... I just scrolled through all the aussie sites I could find and his car's not there. Plus reverse image search pulled up no hits.
most cars never hit open market now. people are paying ludicrous prices on cars before they ever get advertised online

Old 10-07-2015, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: