Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

That's exactly the type of tester I have. I like to use 80 so I can compare to what the FAA specs for acceptable leakage at 80 with .040 orifice. I had a scare on #5, first test showed 70% leakdown. The 0-ring adapter wasn't sealing fully to the head so I made one from an old plug. I pop the valves first under pressure with a socket on the lock nut.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Finally getting close to putting the lump in the hole I've got to make a line from the scavenge pump to the breather cover, wire up the MSD and the AEM AFR monitor and a few other small items.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

A piece of 3/8 power steering return hose, a 3/8 NPT to hose fitting at the breather, a cone nipple and M16x1.5 swivel nut at the pump and a couple oetiker clamps.

Last edited by boosted79; 04-25-2017 at 07:05 AM..
Old 04-22-2017, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

No more air meter contact or silly round relays in the pumps circuit.

Ford Taurus inertia switch between 30 and 87a of the air meter relay socket opens the ground side of the pump relay coils. 86 is jumpered to 85 to supply switched 12v to the air meter switch plug which I used to supply power to the Pierburg valve. The ground side of the Pierburg is switched open by the rpm switch.

Two 40A Hellas up front. I installed a toggle switch in the supply to the Hella coils so I can turn the pumps off with the ignition on if I want to.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

A pretty sight. All that is left is to fab the exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler, make a mount for the AFR and boost gauges and wire up the AFR and data logger and put the interior back together. Unfortunately I probably won't get much time for the next three weeks. How come every project I do ends up taking about three times longer than my estimate?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Nice that the engine is back in the car. Looks good. You still have a pretty long list.

Ditto on that last part!
We are leaving Thursday at noon for a four day camping trip to the beach to go Abalone Diving with four other families,
then Memorial weekend, (my last weekend to get the car done)
and then I'm supposed to have the Porsche done for our Annual Anniversary trip on the 2nd.
Down to the last minuet as usual. I'm sure I'll be finishing something Thursday night before we leave and stressing the whole trip about what I missed.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Another way of doing gauges, if you don't mind not having a radio. Maybe I'll stick it in the glovebox. I wanted an AEM boost gauge to match but they were back ordered several weeks so I stuck this Autometer in for now. Toggle switch is for the pumps and momentary-on button is for the cold start valve. Data logger is for rpm, afr and boost.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
That looks good.

If you have music on your phone or stream you could alway get a amp that has Bluetooth and ditch the radio completely.
Diamond Audio makes some really small Bluetooth amps designed for motorcycles. Fit right under the seat.
I'm so sick of the amount of commercials and DJ talk I play the music on my phone 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Got it fired up today and did the 20 min cam run in. Good news it sounds great with good oil pressure. Bad news I got a tiny leak from the $$%&* nose seal!! Not going to worry about it now, going to check the car out for the safety inspection, get the plates and seat the rings. Hopefully it's the crank seal but most likely it's the #8 bearing seal. Not the end of the world but it does piss you off.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Well that tiny leak left a half dollar sized puddle on the floor after a ring seating run yesterday, grrrr! I guess I'll order a nose seal but will probably end up doing the ring clamped on to the #8 bearing thing. Am going to proceed with WUR tuning for now though. On a good note I got into a little boost yesterday, holy crap, I like it! Want to lock the dizzy and get some more timing in to the low end though but my 30 yr old timing lite bit the dust. Tranny shifts fine if a little notchy, that will improve with some miles then I'll put in the swepco. I took off the decel valve and man it is popping on closed throttle, that may get a little old..
Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: