Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Special Wishes Slant nose

If you supply Stuttgart with a VIN of a 930 that is claimed to be a 1982 Special Wishes Slant nose, can Porsche tell you if indeed the car is a Special Wishes Slant Nose?

Saw one today. Owner claims it is a Factor Special Wishes Slant Nose, but doesn't have any documentation to back it up, and claims no such documentation ever existed or can be found.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
A slantnose with no documentation might exist only because the papers were insanely neglected...which surly can happen. But for Porsche to manufacture a SW slant and provide no docs with it... that's not corporately possible.

Rather than going all the way to Stuttgart, call Porsche Cars North America. Their customer service department is very helpful. Am not sure about providing a VIN and asking Porsche to confirm details---if they will do this. I think I did this a while ago but can't remember exactly what happened.

Smart that you're doing due diligence. It's too easy to make a slant and claim it being original.

What is the asking price?

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2
Prior: '77 Copper 924. '73 Black 914. '74 White Carrera. '79 Silver/Black/Anthracite 930s.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Factory Slant

Suggest you read the lengthy post at:

Slantnose, Slant nose,Slope, M505 factory 930S documents, registry, ultimate,flachbau

Lots of good information about the Special Wishes Program (incl Slant Nose) and the notorious lack of factory documentation surrounding the work done by Werk 1 in Zuffenhausen. If you friend's 1982 slant is genuine it would have been among the very first to be converted by the factory's repair department. As explained in the "Slant post", the VIN contains no indication that the work was done through the Sonderwunsch program at Porsche and was not documented as an option until model year 1987.
-
Old 04-03-2016, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
^^^ Great link Bluebox.

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2
Prior: '77 Copper 924. '73 Black 914. '74 White Carrera. '79 Silver/Black/Anthracite 930s.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Guys,

I saw this thread today and had to respond as I recently went through this process. I have a 1984 Special Wishes Program Slantnose, one of 34 made that year and one of 236 made at Werk 1. It was an original German car not made for sale in the U.S. Very fun to drive and turns a lot of heads.

I contacted the Certificate of Authenticity Department in Atlanta and gave them the information on the car. They were able to contact Germany who, through searching their archives, found the lists of the cars converted to slant nose at Werk 1. They were then able to verify my car and produce a COA for it. I hope this helps

Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: