Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Great idea guys. Does the bung extension (ohh, if only Ronnie were still around...) pull the actual sensor out of the exhaust path? Wouldn't that affect its ability to read the AFR?
Old 05-20-2016, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Yes, it moves it up, out of the exhaust path, but the part of the extension that screws into the hole () has holes/chambers in it that draw the gasses in - no effect on AFR that I could tell.

Also, it does move the sensor closer to the bumper, but there is just enough room for it to work.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
^^^

Yes, it moves it up, out of the exhaust path, but the part of the extension that screws into the hole () has holes/chambers in it that draw the gasses in - no effect on AFR that I could tell.

Also, it does move the sensor closer to the bumper, but there is just enough room for it to work.
Good point. Mine is pretty tight to the bumper already... gotta check the clearance before I buy the bung extender.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

I just measured it (not "it", it ), and the extender moves the sensor back about 30mm/1.25" closer to the bumper.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

This is what I have...heat sleeve..plus I have a heat shield sleeve around the connector (not in the pic)
Old 05-20-2016, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

30mm for "it"? My condolences.

I don't know if that will work for me. Here is my sensor and the corrugated bend at the end is just touching the heat shield.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Ha (ya' beach!)!!

No way would it work since you are running the factory heat shield, Jeff. I have an aftermarket rear valence and do not use the factory shield (stick on heat shielding instead, that you can see in the pic - works great).

Rey's set-up looks good, too!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
When I had my last wideband kit...I lost the sensor twice and once on the new system. These turbos can get hot. Now I use a heat sleeve around the wiring near the muffler....no issues.
Rey, do you have a pic or any info so I can look into getting that? Rawknees solution wont fit for me.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
Rey, do you have a pic or any info so I can look into getting that? Rawknees solution wont fit for me.
Can't really remember where I purchased it........but I do have some left....what length do you need? I'm sure I have enough. Free of charge. Pm me contact info.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Holy layups with that "length/need" stuff, Rey!!!

And just for others' future references, all types and sizes of heat sheething (wire and hose sleeves) can be bought from aircraft supply places.

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 05-20-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Old 05-20-2016, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
^^^

Holy layups with that "length/need" stuff, Rey!!!

And just for others' future references, all types and sizes of heat sheething (wire and hose sleeves) can be bought from aircraft supply places.
Get your mind out the gutter scabknees...lol
Old 05-20-2016, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Rey, one of my intertet pals from the Marketplace forum would call that free-be offer "forum dating"! Not that there's anything wrong wiff dat'!!!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawknees'turbo View Post
rey, one of my intertet pals from the marketplace forum would call that free-be offer "forum dating"! Not that there's anything wrong wiff dat'!!!
lmao!!!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

How did I end up on a forum date?? Lol

Rey, that's super generous of you! I don't know what it's supposed to cover, so I'm not sure how long.
And at the risk of further grief from a certain member with bloody knees and a sore throat, do you still live in jersey city? Maybe we could meet up. I work in parsippany...
Old 05-20-2016, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

You should see the callouses - like slabs of beef jerky, I tell ye'!!!

Quote:
Because you've got it like that, buttofcourse!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:

Rey, that's super generous of you! I don't know what it's supposed to cover, so I'm not sure how long.
And at the risk of further grief from a certain member with bloody knees and a sore throat, do you still live in jersey city? Maybe we could meet up. I work in parsippany...
From the sensor to the connector of the sensor is how I have it wrapped. I live next to East Brunswick.....5 miles south of exit 9 on the pike. Maybe mailing it would be better...unless you rather meet up but I'm doing physical therapy 3 times a week for the next month and a half..so maybe on the weekend

Last edited by speednme1; 05-20-2016 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Got my new sensor today (Amazon Prime rocks!) and had to plug it in to test it tonight.

Solved! As all you smart people already knew, it was the sensor. Rey is generously sending me some of his spare heat shielding and then I'm back on the road with a working AFR gauge.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Good to hear thar, Jeff!

Now I'm eagerly awaiting (not like THAT!!!) to read about you sluething out yer "pumps on wiff key" situation. Speaking of which, no need to recount the details of yours and Rey's heat shield give and take exchange, bro (keep that between youse twos)!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
That's awesome Jeff! Nice easy solution.

Nice pics of the car in the 930 POTD thread as well!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich76_911s View Post
That's awesome Jeff! Nice easy solution.

Nice pics of the car in the 930 POTD thread as well!
Thanks Rich!
Old 05-24-2016, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: