Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil from exhaust

Turbo-hive

I just watched an 87 930 start after it sat in a garage for three years untouched (unfortunate owner health issues).

I expected smoke and some oil blow by, but in the first three or four minutes it dumped about a half quart on the floor out the exhaust, and then the rate slowed down. Stock engine, 75k miles. Car had been tuned by a good shop just before being put in storage. Seemed to run fine and started easily with a new battery.

Thoughts on the oil source and problem?

73 TR6
Old 07-12-2016, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I am suffering through this as well at the moment. Mine was blown oil seals inside the Turbo.

if yours is all original and sat a long time, I would say maybe the seals let go.

Edit: I misspoke- they had "blown out" so I guess it was a pressure issue for me.

Last edited by Groovie Ghoulie; 07-17-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-14-2016, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The seals in the turbo are steel, so won't dry out. Like piston rings.
Maybe the catch tank and line was chokka full and took a while to clear with the scavenge pump, while still receiving fresh oil?
Alan

83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 07-15-2016, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: