Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Deez, since you are the 10" fan and I am the 6 incher, does that mean you blow harder than me?
Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)

^^^^

No one around here is quite the blow...hard you are Raw!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
^^^^

No one around here is quite the blow...hard you are Raw!
I appreciate the recognition, IcyHotStuff, and will wear that title with the utmost pride!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Deez, since you are the 10" fan and I am the 6 incher, does that mean you blow harder than me?
Purely a measurement reference.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)

Garage
I picked up a new part for the car today at Disneyland to keep my dash from warping Good thing Lightning McQueen is Guards Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

While you are working on the electrical put the headlights on relays so all the current doesn't go thru the $500+ headlight and $150 dimmer switch. . Pelican has the kit for $33. Or make your own for less.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Will do. Thanks
This place is full of great "Tip"

Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)

Garage
I did a few searches and read a Pelican Tech article on different wiring up-grades. Good Grief Charlie Brown!
I'm going to have to circle back around for that project. Lets see; Headlight relays and fuses, dash light fuse, fuel pump fuses and, A/C system fuse and front Condenser motor fuse. I think I'm missing one, but you get the idea.

I'm going to sort out the washer system and move on to getting the suspension and brakes back together.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)

Garage
I wasted a bit of time on Saturday checking the headlight washer system wiring to find out the brand new Bosch relay is junk. I am tired of working on wiring issues. So I'm going to take a break and work on the suspension.

I went through three rounds of degreasing and one round with raw aluminum brightener to neutralize the purple power. Then installed the rear shocks Saturday.

Some of you may have not seen but I posted a thread on the 911 tech forum to borrow the elephant racing trailing arm bushing removal tool. I ended up making my own.

Elephant tool

Mine

Bushing R&R

My plan is to get the suspension done and see what I have time to finish. It's spring and I want to be driving; not wrenching.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Nice progress, Deez, and I shudder to think what your future intentions are for that phallic-symbol tool that you made!

BTW - I did the headlight relays mod that Boostin'Buttocks mentioned above - nice, easy to understand and install kit that fixes one of the many wiring errors that the 911 side of the Porsche factory made (nothing like running the power feed for the headlights through a long, 360 degree loop, from fuse panel to headlight switch and back to headlights, when the battery is just a few inches away from the headlights). When the time comes for you to do this, I can take plenty of pics of the install, if you like (***forum dating***).

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 04-18-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Old 04-18-2017, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ As Clark Griswold said, "Bend over and I'll show you."

I found a couple of good diagrams in the 911 Tech forum. Let me know if it looks correct for the 930. I need to get the suspension and brakes installed. I only have about 4 weeks left until my weekends get busy with Family stuff planned for the summer.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)

Garage
I got the rear torsion bars and spring plates installed tonight.
I spent a little time searching and found a thread with instructions and spring plate angle calculator on Rennlist. I used the door jamb base to get the present angle which is 2* because of the 1.5" blocks in front I had to use to raise the car without smashing the pan. I set them at 23* which would be 21* if the car was flat. About 1* below euro height and the adjusters are centered. So pray for me that I don't have to redo this part.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

DN, I'll eyeball my wiring tomorrow, butt here is the relay kit being refereed to - inexpensive and easy to understand directions, bisch.

Third item from the top, bisch.

Pelican Parts - European Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche • BMW • Mercedes • Volkswagen • Audi • Saab • Volvo • MINI
Old 04-18-2017, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ Note to self. Never click on a link provided by Rawknees.
JK. Link does not work.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Here you go, DND, and no pics of **** or ******* either, and s***.

Headlight Relay Kit JWST911HLPR - JWest Engineering - JWST-911-HLPR | Pelican Parts
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ Thanks. I found it searching the Jwest. MY new laptop keeps giving me a invalid session / proxy page with both links. I don't know why? The old laptop died with a smile on it's face.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)

Garage
I finished the rear suspension tonight. Installed the new brake hoses front and rear. But I'm still waiting on the calipers. They are supposed to be done next week.
I must have the torsion bars perfect because the sway bar bolts slid right in on both sides.
I hope the ride height is correct. I left the lower bolt loose so I can pull it to set ride height.

Before and After

Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)

Nice work!
When does that poor exhaust get some lovin'?
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ Next Winter. I'm still collecting parts. Do you have that new intercooler ready yet?

Next Winters List:
Headers
Dual Waste Gates
Turbo
Oil Return Mod
Intercooler
New Injectors
CIS Refresh
WUR Mods
Ingition?? Parts-Klassic is supposed to have a programmable CDI available soon. Maybe MSD, or ??
Lightweight Clutch
Trans Refresh

Car Done? Ha...
Old 04-20-2017, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)

Garage
The oil cooler is finally done. This is the one, seemingly simple, part that kicked my azz! I bet I have 16 hrs into installing, removing, installing, removing, again and again. Mount issues, fan size issues, wiring, etc.
The dam long hose tonight tried its best to cross thread and damage the cooler. But I won. Finally.

I wanted to get the cooler done before the suspension. so I only had about 30 min left to get started. It's going smooth.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: