Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ Ha. I'm always on the "wrong page".

See...
Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #401 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Rawknees expect a delivery Tuesday.

Deez rocks!

And the hilarious shipping label read, " Ron "Rawknees" " - too funny!

Thanks a lot, Bro!

Old 06-13-2017, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #402 (permalink)

Derrick,
That's a seriously good bottle of Tequila and a fabulous gift. But it is oddly phallic in shape. Coincidence?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #403 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Jeff, get yer leering eyes of my phallus, Bro!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #404 (permalink)

Garage
It's the gift that keeps on giving. That bottle will be useful for years after the Tequila is gone.

I thought you would like the middle name.

And you're more than welcome. You checked in on my project and helped me dam near every day. You saved me way more time than that bottle costs.
And your not done yet... I still have an engine to modify BEOTCH!
Old 06-13-2017, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #405 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

***forum dating at its finest***
Old 06-13-2017, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #406 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Who's yo' daddy, bisches?!?!

Old 06-14-2017, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #407 (permalink)

Garage
Nice! Jumped right in.
How was it? I've never tried the 1942. It was rated high. And then there was the bottle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Who's yo' daddy, bisches?!?!

Great picture, my BISCH!!
Old 06-14-2017, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #409 (permalink)

Garage
Is that a Gas Monkey Garage Shot Glass?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #410 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

It is very good Tequila - good burn but not at all rancid. I have't tried the bottle out yet, I swear (though IcyHotStuff already asked for action pics)!

Yep - Gas Monkey shot glass . . . pretty cool place.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #411 (permalink)

Forum Bromance

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)

Before alcohol and I got a divorce I used to really enjoy Cozadores. Always reminded me of flinstones vitamins.
https://medium.com/@crashingdoor
Old 06-14-2017, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #413 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin930t View Post
Forum Bromance

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
***forum jealousy***
Old 06-15-2017, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #414 (permalink)

Garage
Time to start planning and figure out what I need for next winter. Damn I'm bored without the car to work on...

I want to make sure I have all the little things covered so I only have to do this one time.
Let me know what I'm missing if there are items you found were needed after performing the same mods. Items in Red I have already.

Headers
Turbo
Turbo tank and feed line
Waste gate

Intercooler
New injectors
Send CIS out for service and tuning (To Who?)
Get WUR modified
Lambda & fuel pressure gauges
Relocate turbo oil return
Light weight clutch
Better ignition system with Euro curve (Still undecided on which way to go here)
Replace Green Wire (If still used)
Replace all vacuum/boost and fuel hoses
Have Transmission gone through. (I'm paying someone for this)
Old 06-20-2017, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #415 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Derrick,

I'd take a look at this intercooler if I were you.
FS: (Socal) Garretson Long neck intercooler

It might not be pretty, but it's a decent intercooler at a decent price. For ease of use, I might consider sending it to Turbokraft and having them weld on a correct flange to meet the throttle body. Just easier than removing the silicone hose each time.

I used Brian at RarlyL8 (damn I always misspell that) to rebuild my fuel head. I used Brain Leask to modify my WUR. Both worked out well. In hindsight, I probably would just use RarlyL8 for both the WUR and Fuel Head to keep all CIS stuff in one shop. Plus RarlyL8 posts and helps out here a lot.

I'd be curious to hear what your thinking on the ignition side. I've been working on that problem off and on, and haven't come up with a decent solution.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #416 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Yep, the Garretson is good for a 20-25hp bump, all on its own (have seen dyno numbers on them at some point) - one of the top dogs back in the day.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #417 (permalink)

Garage
Rich,

I was trying to keep it simple and just find a ROW distributor, but that has not worked out.
I was also thinking about having my distributor recurved and run a MSD system with Boost retard
I am leaning toward the Parts Klassik programmable CDI. He is working on a Turbo version. I hope it's ready soon. I haven't read of many people using his CDI though.
I don't know. There is a whole thread on the subject and no easy system seems to exist.

I want keep it as simple as possible and not get into big HP, EFI, Twin Plug Territory.

I have Brian's headers so I will probably send the CIS & WUR to him. He also sells the injectors, So that will make one thing simple.

Thanks for the lead on the intercooler. But I have too much invested at this point to put a hacked up intercooler on. Buy the time I fix and anodize it I'll may be into it for the cost of a new one.
I'm looking at Brian's Intercooler or Chris's new design intercooler. I want something clean and factory looking.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #418 (permalink)

You don't need to recurve the dizzy to use an MSD programmable. You just disable the advance mechanism and lock it at the max adavnce you want. Then you program the MSD to pull out timing based on both rpm and boost. I'm running one but have not messed with the programmable part until I get some miles on it. read this thread "msd success"
Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #419 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ I remember that thread and it goes sideways on page 3. No outcome is posted and I have read a few threads about the polarity (or some) difference in the green wires. Is the MSD designed to work with the green wire? If the CDI system has a special trigger (green) wire how could the MSD system designed to work on every dam car be calibrated correctly for the Green wire CDI distributor?
Uggghhh. I'm not ready to figure this out.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #420 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: