Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Fan is done and on itís way back.
Mark sent a pic today.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 04-09-2018, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #681 (permalink)

This car won't know itself.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-09-2018, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #682 (permalink)

You don't actually plan on driving it do you? :-)
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-09-2018, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #683 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
You don't actually plan on driving it do you? :-)
Alan
He might not drive it, butt I bet that Deez will rawdog it all he can!
Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #684 (permalink)

Garage
79 #610 Winter Projects. Advise Needed

I forgot to take before pics. But I think the crack was partially caused by the pan being flattened from improper lifting. Both sides were pushed up until the radius was flat and kinked from 2Ē forward of the lower bolt and extending forward about 6Ē. Itís been on my to do list to fix anyway.
I spent quite a bit of time with a harbor freight stud welding body tool pulling the pan back out. I have some galvanized 18 gauge Iím going to make some lower plates with to reinforce the bottom and radius.
I did drill both ends of the crack, weld and grind flat before installing the plate.

I almost didnít post this because the welds arenít that good. Welding around that X-brace you bolt in is tough. And itís hard to see where the weld is and you have to hold the tip back pretty far in most areas.

Edit.
You can see in this pic how smashed the radius was forward of the bolt.

Last edited by 1979-930; 04-09-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #685 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

Looks good to me, and besides, nothing some undercoating can't hide (if yer feeling vain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
. . . and you have to hold the tip . . .
???

!!!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #686 (permalink)

Garage
And it actually ended up being a good time to find this and fix the pan.
There is no way I could have moved the lift pad to the spot itís in and not damaged the pan with the engine and transmission installed.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #687 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

The 87-89 911's have jack pads at all (4) corners......

While you are there.....

Len

Old 04-10-2018, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #688 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ Great idea!

Old 04-10-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #689 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Did this on my 72 years ago when I was hot rodding it.

The Front Rt Jack Pad requires a late style oil cooler hardline to clear this.

Len

Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #690 (permalink)

Garage
I thought I was going to get the rear suspension put together last night. But while performing the test fit and adjustment I discovered the forward upper mounting base was shorter by .120. Because it is the base you cant see from any angle when assembled. It took me a couple installs and removals to figure out why every thing would bind when torqued down no matter how many shims I installed. What is weird is it's the same on both sides. I don't know why the factory would want the outer plate to bind like that.

I stopped at this point to do some research thinking I have a problem. But I don't. Normal Porsche stuff. The instructions should mention that when shimming you may or will need different thicknesses of shims per base. Other than that the Rebel pieces are very nice. So nice they almost make me want to put them on the front too.

On the plus side I have every last engine part I need, except the Muffler, to assemble. And after the daughters basketball game tonight this is the only weekend for the next nine that I don't have to go to, basketball practice, basketball tournament, kart practice, kart race, birthday party, mothers day, camping trip, anniversary trip or ???.
This weekend is all mine!

Wish me luck.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #691 (permalink)

[QUOTE= And after the daughters basketball game tonight this is the only weekend for the next nine that I don't have to go to, basketball practice, basketball tournament, kart practice, kart race, birthday party, mothers day, camping trip, anniversary trip or ???.
This weekend is all mine!

Wish me luck.[/QUOTE]

I think we all know that feeling. Retirement helps. A LOT. Highly recommended. But the best days are the days when you have uninterrupted time in the shed. Good luck. Enjoy it. I am looking foward to the day you get it back on the road. I'm sure I will see the grin from here.
Alan
Old 04-13-2018, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #692 (permalink)

You picked the right car to invest a heap of hrs in (and some $s).
I see guys doing mint resto jobs on cars that are never worth more than say $20k, and spend $30k doing it. Their call - their money/time etc. But these cars are worth the effort.
When I got my SC about 12 yrs ago it was supposedly excellent condition. I had it off the road for about 3 mths while I tidied a lot of stuff up that had been let go. Then a yr or two later an engine tear down (head studs). More $s. But I have had trouble free motoring since and still really enjoy it. And it has doubled in value in the time. Can't have a better car experience than that.
Regards
Alan
Old 04-13-2018, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #693 (permalink)

Big D,Be thankful that she is not into horses.If I hear one more time about Vets,ratings,clothes,boots,ect.I will go freekin NUTS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #694 (permalink)

[QUOTE=kevinbodman930;10000694]Big D,Be thankful that she is not into horses.If I hear one more time about Vets,ratings,clothes,boots,ect.I will go freekin NUTS.

Oh, join the club. Grand daughter (who lives with us). Two days ago in the freezing rain we had to drive 20 mins to go and put the warm(er) cover on horse - because she would get cold. meantime grand- dad is freezing and would rather stay warm inside.
A new saddle is looming for Xmas.
Alan
Old 04-13-2018, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #695 (permalink)

She is now 14 going on 30 and is of coarse right about everything.What really cracks me up is when she says (Don't worry I am going to get a job and pay for everything myself).SURE U WILL.HAHA

Old 04-13-2018, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #696 (permalink)

Alan,the things we do for the people we love.Sounds to me like your one heck of a cool Grandpa.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #697 (permalink)

13, going on 18. Had the same conversation about earning some money towards saddle couple of days ago.
Love her to bits.
Bit OT. Sorry D.
Alan

Old 04-13-2018, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #698 (permalink)

Garage
Kevin and Alan,

I am lucky! I know too many people that have wives and daughters into horses. That makes the cost of my sons karting look like a day at the beach.
My wife talks about getting one, but my way out is I refuse to own an animal I have to board elsewhere and pay someone to take care of it.
My wife doesn't want property or a big house to take care of. So no house with property means no horses.
I could go for a nice shop on property though. I'd probably just buy more projects I don't have time for... I'll just stay here.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #699 (permalink)

When we built this current house I scheduled a big w/shop. When I went to insure the property they asked for the area of the hse and garage. They asked me to repeat the garage area - must have mixed it up with the hse. Nope. About the same size, plus mezzanine floor. A life long wish come true. Then came the hoist. All boxes ticked. Love working in it. Jobs so much easier. (Bring your car over here :-))
All my sage friends told me not to buy a horse. I followed their advice for several yrs - in the face of constant pestering/pleading. Finally Grandad gave in.
Karting can get expensive - if you think the 930 is a slippery slope - watch that space.
Regards
Alan
Old 04-14-2018, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #700 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: