Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
There is a gear in there which shims the wastegate. I got the turbo from a friend who got it rebuilt by Kolken with bigger impellers. So K29? My mechanic recommended opening up the banjo bolt hole, so I used to hit 1.1 bar then I put the original banjo bolt back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-04-2016, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Finally got a lot of the leaks and heat sorted. Took the 930 to work yesterday. Oh my, she makes a strong case for herself. Before I knew it I saw 5000rpm and climbing. Headers makes better low end torque, the engine spins freely but it feels like the boost trails off at 6k. In 4th gear she pulls quite smoothly and flatly from 100-230. She is so dialed in. I guess this is what happens after 10years of fiddling. Till death do us part.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Sorry I thought I replied to the previous message. Stock wastegate. I wonder if I should get a BL WUR or K27 next.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Congratulations on getting it running well.
BL WUR next -- they perform even better when they're properly tuned.
Boost will trail off in upper rpms, a function of weak factory cams (peaked back at 5,500rpm) and the 3LDZ-based turbo (very restrictive turbine housing). A K27 or Garrett turbo would greatly improve that, plus increase turbo response.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 12-21-2016, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have several mouths to feed so I have the budget for each. The BL WUR is next. Do I really the rpm activation module?
My friend here has several BL WUR for the 964 3.6 turbo. Will they work on my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

The rpm switch works. I have one with a BL WUR and it helps to avoid the pig richness in the mid range while giving all the fuel you need up top.

Worth it, IMO.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
My mechanic recommend running it a bit richer. Because during the mandatory emission test it's really leaned out. In the mean time start saving my yen.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Bumped the a/f mixture. It starts easier but rich at cold. Warmed up not so bad. Boost!!! So much boost that overwhelmed the clutch!

Old 01-14-2017, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I adjusted the clutch took it for a spin. The clutch slipped in 2nd. Let it sit for a week, no slip found during mixed highway/city driving. I have no idea how much power the engine is putting out. I have no idea how old the pressure plate is. I changed the clutch disk about 3 years ago. Should I upgrade the clutch? If so what should I get?
The specs are: 3.4 liters, modified K26, 964 Intercooler and injectors.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rob,i put a centerfoce clutch in my 930&knock on wood i have not had a problem yet,plenty of grip for cars that ate still running cis,i believe its a sachs clutch painted orange.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I drove it all day, leaned out a bit. No slip. Is it possible to deglaze while driving?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: