Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Nearly finished my amateur home build?

Update on Very Amateur on Euro ROW 1977 930 pain in the back Resurrection
My 1977 930 ive been working on almost everyday for the last four years or so i dont remember, I bought her as a converted Cab and welded her up and put her right. I had a buyer about a year ago for $150k aud which was great and i thought my days of being a peed off amatuer grease monkey over but the sale fell through, So i went into it all in and in the meantime i bought a 3.4 na for my daily.

Nearing the start this is just after i ripped out all the aftermarket cab parts and bought a roof from a wrecked 1975 carrera it is very light, but it made my sunroof switch in the car obselete

I worked to get the underneath area out of the way first and madr it a point to not miss any area of the car no matter how hard to reach, big thing for me as it takes me 10 minutes just to position myself under the car so i make sure i pee and take enough smokes to last me through the day so i dont have to revisit more than once each day
Paints used was Ceramic based for strength and resistant to heat,
For things mde out of rubber, ie hoses, orings, washers etc all were removed and soaked in brake Fluid overnight then rinsed and dried, also lubricated rubber blocks anything under movement with smear of blue axle grease to keep it sealed against dust and grime
Also removed all aircon bits and Hoses, (note to self= dont inhale Freon)

My Garage in its tidy form.. you see i have little room to work

I noticed Fuel lid is Stainless steel so i didnt paint over it i like the look the way it is anaturale

How she is today, BUT still need to do interior upholstery and dash wiring, not looking forward to that.. also front fuse panel wiring stilll isnt finished.I remember a couple of years ago the ridicule here on my wiring so i wont show those photos
and, flapper boxes .. and Wur and aar wiring.. also need to install thermotime switch, ive broken 4 of those already ..plus need new right hand side headlight seal broke that... also etc etc etc F#$KING nice car niice dont be mad
Anyway positive comments are always welcome. Im no pro so its a loong journey and i hope i can look back one day before i get dementia from old age and remember to tell the grand kids ,but i doubt that because of Bill Gates depopulation Agenda, but thats a story for another forum.
So far cost has been bit under 10k aud from first photo includes wheels , tires and thermotime switches
I painted her with Acrylic Arrow blue and her name is -Black and Blue- which is very fitting cos thats what i am... just remembered i have to block , sand , cut, polish etc etc... never endsBe Good up there

Yess i know about the non period correct parts on her no need to point them out, but they are still Porsche and im proud of that.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Looks nice Robby, that blue sure is brilliant and it's not even in the sun yet. Have you been out driving it?
Old 09-24-2016, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
No, the wiring still has me baffled, i havent been able to start her in 3 months
Iie contacted a few auto electricians and they all give some reason . one said he can do it but needs a schematic, so i emailed him one but then he was too busy... hard to find sparkys for these cars

My next task will be to remove fusepanel and check each wire individually for continuinity, Basically start from scratch again and do lt one wire at a time..
Old 09-24-2016, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Good luck with finishing it. It, truly, looks incredible! I LOVE the color!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Love the color! Looks very close to Ford Grabber Blue. I painted my 70 Bronco that color with black accents just like you did. Best color combination ever!
Old 09-24-2016, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Robby, though I'm not the person to hold your hand on wiring I might suggest you break down the systems to trouble shoot yourself. A couple others here may jump in with some basics I'm overlooking. Its been over ten years since I've had my hands on running cis on a 930.

Fuel pump, should turn on when air flow meter door is pressed down. Alternate, trace pump wires (follow wire colors back to relay or jump relay to turn fuel pump on for testing)

Over-boost switch must have wire attached, otherwise wire needs to be grounded, this is the ground leg of fuel pump relay coil.

Power to ign module? is it on? do you have spark? if not trace the power wire and ground.

The remainder of the cis circuit is a single loop circuit if I'm not mistaken, termotime switch, high idle valve, and a couple other items I'm forgetting.

Break it down is what I'm getting at, don't pull out the fuse panel, it's a rats nest.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Dude...I commend all the work you have done...Cheers for taking on the task yourself. How you personalize it is up to you and you alone. It is your car..and I do really like that shade of blue..Good luck with the wiring. Follow the schematics and work each circuit one at a time..most times it faults to poorly grounded wires, dirty connection or short.

For my engine bay I used Dennis Powell to redo my wiring harness. Very reasonable compared to buying from sites Sometimes you have to cow tip and let someone else do your work.. powellgillam@hotmail.com

Dennis is known on these boards and will provide assistance later. I found out my WUR wiring needed to be switched and he guided me through it. I did not realize that my WUR was a later model.

Kudos bro..You are in the home stretch.. Keep at it...

Cheers

1979 930 - Black on Black and in the woods

"My third child that will cost more in the long run" :shock:
Old 09-24-2016, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

She's coming around.....
Old 09-24-2016, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
That blue!!!

A lotta work there, and looks great! Nice job!
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 09-24-2016, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Rob, this no amateur build as the title suggests! Congratulations on carrying out your vision with such attention to detail.
Johan
Old 09-25-2016, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Always learning something

Details on the wheels please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

The car looks great. Awesome color. Wheels look great too.

Keep pushing-
Denver, CO
Old 09-26-2016, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks All of you, it gives me a lot of inspiration to keep at it , re wiring, ive been over and over and in reading your post Jim., ive just remembered i was going to replace the fusepanel as on the back side im sure i found non continuitty of where there should be some, you know those copper bits at the back where they join to the back of the metal fuse holders, well i remember some are loose so i will address that now and make sure current is going all the way through, because to be honest it was working FINE until i took the friggin fusepanel apart to clean all the wiring but silly me after i labelled each wire with a bit of tape i cleaned them with solvent and wouldnt you know lost all the writing lol, should have left it alone.. hindsight is a very good thing with these cars

I did this paint with brush and will sand smooth after i finish wiring and cabling, heater hoses etc
its a pain sometimes to spray everybit all the taping off not to mention the dust that lands all through the garage making everything blue
Thanks again i will repost when i come up for air again
All the Best Robg
Old 09-28-2016, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyagi View Post
Details on the wheels please!

Yeah hi, Wheels are 17 x9 , 17x8 Euromeisters whey were about 200-250usd each new, i bought them when they first got the stock so got very good price i think, plus they are very light and strong and have a nice satin sort of finish if you polish them up with brasso, i remember wy back when after three months they ran out of stock on these and everyone was looking for a pair

The stickers from Ebay and im surprised they havent washed off in over four years, highly recommend them they come in red and black,
the centre caps cheapo plastic they rattled around a bit so i held them on with a dab of silicone, i will wipe off excess one day

Everyone Have a nice weekend
and dont stop for police remember they are Public SERVANTS )
rob

Last edited by Robbbyg; 09-28-2016 at 06:38 AM..
Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Always learning something

Nearly finished my amateur home build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
Yeah hi, Wheels are 17 x9 , 17x8 Euromeisters whey were about 200-250usd each new, i bought them when they first got the stock so got very good price i think, plus they are very light and strong and have a nice satin sort of finish if you polish them up with brasso, i remember wy back when after three months they ran out of stock on these and everyone was looking for a pair

The stickers from Ebay and im surprised they havent washed off in over four years, highly recommend them they come in red and black,
the centre caps cheapo plastic they rattled around a bit so i held them on with a dab of silicone, i will wipe off excess one day

Everyone Have a nice weekend
and dont stop for police remember they are Public SERVANTS )
rob

Awesome, thanks for the info. Totally going to try and score the same wheels for my 930

Any links to where I can buy them and your specs (offsets etc). I love the way they look on yours. No spacers I take it?

Last edited by Oyagi; 09-28-2016 at 07:13 AM..
Old 09-28-2016, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
i dont want to upset pelican parts by advertising a site that may or may not sell similar parts so ill pm you

An Offset is a grey area for me pls dont explain i still havent worked out vcr's

Cheers
Old 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
This new{sic} thread is kinda weird Robbbyg....you FINISHED this project AND had the car for sold well over a year ago.

So your sale fell through, and now you are just resurrecting a very old thread in hopes of finding a new buyer?

What is your end game here, curious monkeys want to know.

Mark
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 09-30-2016, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
i dont want to upset pelican parts by advertising a site that may or may not sell similar parts so ill pm you

An Offset is a grey area for me pls dont explain i still havent worked out vcr's

Cheers
Hey Robbyg....beautiful build, especially that blue color; really makes it pop. You wouldn't upset us with a link , but we are caring the Euromeisters for the price you paid; and maybe even slightly less. If anyone needs a set, check them out!

-Dmitry
Old 09-30-2016, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
And here I and apparently many others were commending Robbby on his impressive build progress, mostly tasteful direction, and wildly coherent post.

Hmmmmm.

Haters gonna hate.

Looking real great there mate - keep up the hard work.

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 09-30-2016, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
This new{sic} thread is kinda weird Robbbyg....you FINISHED this project AND had the car for sold well over a year ago.

So your sale fell through, and now you are just resurrecting a very old thread in hopes of finding a new buyer?

What is your end game here, curious monkeys want to know.

Mark

OK MARK you asked for it!

First i posted cos it is an ongoing job i have never had this car for sale until now, the sale that fell through was from a buyer who liked the pics and wanted the car and put down a deposit and at five times what i paid for it i said yes, but that fell through.

Secondly An Old thread? i started this less than two weeks ago?
thirdly i havent posted here before that in a Year, Am i not allowed to post do i need a friggin ticket? where do i buy them from?? I bet your a Shill for Clinton am i right??

Lastly I stopped posting here in so long cos of people, (Porsche Haters) like yourself who do nothing to make this site enjoyable and have brought this site down with your ****e remarks same goes for any wanks that follow will probably go on to say,, hey yeah me too i was wondering that blah blah...haters for any car not their own and more so for a friggin nice car

Endgame? WTF? does that mean? you insinuating ive gor motives for posting my work outside of sharing? and a pat on the back?
You dont know **** from butter
:
Old 10-12-2016, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: