Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Work in Progress

Garage
Fuel in Exhaust

Hey Guys,

I have a question for you. Is it possible to get fuel in the exhaust? Anytime I start my car after checking my CIS fuel pressures I get moisture that has the smell of gasoline leaking from the turbo and the junction where the two sides of my exhaust come together.

I don't press the plunger down to open the injectors.

This happened before I rebuilt my engine and now afterwards. The fuel head and WUR have both also been rebuilt, and I have 009 injectors on it now. Could my airflow sensor plate be positioned too low causing a slight leakage at the injectors? When I have pressed down on the sensor plate I've heard the distinct click of the injectors opening.

IN the video you can see the two black streaks on the exhaust pipe below the turbo. That is where a fluid is leaking out.

This has happened several times, otherwise I'd think it's possibly wooder (philly talk) condensing and leaking out. Maybe that is all it is, as you can see at the end of the video the smoke (steam) still coming out after the engine is shut down.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

the mixture could be on the rich side and when you turn on the pumps there is a small amount of fuel coming out the injectors. normal if you are rich.
sensor plate height is easy. remove air filter and turn on pumps.
if the plate is too low you might not even have to turn on the pumps, just look at it.
one give away for the plate is the pumps may run ALL the time with the key on and engine off if it is down far enough
could also be injector(s) leaking when you run the pumps.
if you want to check the pressures unplug the power to the WUR and start the car to check CCP, plug power in to check WCP.

make sure it is not oil. you could remove the muffler and check the output of the turbo for oil.

you could also remove the lines from the injectors, place them in containers and turn on the pumps to see if any or all are putting out fuel. if they all are could just be you are rich. might be the last thing I do, just a lot of work

if you don't want to do any of this then run the engine as said when checking pressures. my bet is you are rich.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 10-05-2016, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Thanks for the suggestion. I've always checked my pressures while the engine is not running.

My sensor plate isn't obviously low. I read the workshop manual and I believe they say .010mm is the correct setting.

Cheers
Rich

Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: