Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbofrog

Just put my 930 to sleep

Well for the winter anyway so no worries about totaling it if the title got you worried.

Too many things on my mind and on todo list but hopefully E85 conversion and rs interior. Hopefully some rim/tire work and some paint work too. If I have time maybe even suspension swap for bigger torsion bars and raised spidle shocks I've had in box for 5 yrs. Oh, and small lithium battery and eberspacher air heater for cabin. Sunroof fix definately and bendpak 5000slx for easier ergonomics.

My fueling got lean ( after 5000rpms) after I swapped my front pump back to stock or just because the air is so much colder right now.

I think I got almost all out of the CIS with 7.9 sec 60-130 so if I get the E85 conversion done I hope to get about the same kind of performance out of it. The boost was pretty high at 1.3 bar and I'm not going to raise it so not going for more power but safer and cheaper power.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
It was 88* and a great day for a drive in NorCal today.
Almost put my 930 to sleep for good when a 6 point buck hopped across the road from behind a bluff at 8am on the way to a cars and coffee. 4 wheel smoke show sliding at him as he took his second hop 5' off the front bumper and across the other side... Closest I have ever been to a live buck.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Turbofrog

These brakes without ABS are not that good when you need to react! Its fine on track where you know you need to gently start braking not to lock the fronts and then when you get some weight on the fronts go all the way. Atleast thats how mine is right now with stock torsion bars. Very easy to lock the front wheels.

I did 3k miles this summer so more than the previous years and no problems before this cold weather lean thingy.

Last edited by smurfbus; 10-09-2016 at 08:41 PM..
Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Agree. I usually have good control with standard brakes. This is the first time in as far as I can remember hitting the panic button partially. I was in control sliding, I knew I was not going to hit him, I just held it straight and watched the show in slow motion.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

DeezNutzDerrick failed to mention that he didn't initially see the deer in front of him as he was looking at neekid hotties on his cell phone screen at the time!!!
Old 10-09-2016, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Only hard up Texans use their phone for that. I have a real life hottie that took care of that distraction last night... And my phone was busy streaming Chris Stapelton on my Foothills drive.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
It was 88* and a great day for a drive in NorCal today.
Almost put my 930 to sleep for good when a 6 point buck hopped across the road from behind a bluff at 8am on the way to a cars and coffee. 4 wheel smoke show sliding at him as he took his second hop 5' off the front bumper and across the other side... Closest I have ever been to a live buck.
I totaled my SC Targa hitting a deer. I was probably doing 35 and he was a BIG buck. My knuckles were bruised from his hoof coming in through the windshield and hitting the hand on the steering wheel. It was not my finest hour. He limped away.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
I totaled my SC Targa hitting a deer. I was probably doing 35 and he was a BIG buck. My knuckles were bruised from his hoof coming in through the windshield and hitting the hand on the steering wheel. It was not my finest hour. He limped away.
Ouch. Nor his, I'm guessing.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: