Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bell intercooler p/n

Talked to bell about a full bay intercooler to carrera manifold , to my surprise they don't have a standard design, would anyone that has had one made by bell be willing to share a pn or job number from them,so they can look it up for reference.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi, if you're looking for a complete bolt-on package with inlet & outlet charge piping, bolt-on mounts to the intake manifold, all sensor ports, etc, contact us. That's what we make.

If you want just an intercooler with a generic inlet & outlet tank and a few flat strap tabs welded on, then Bell will do that for you.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft

Last edited by TurboKraft; 11-15-2016 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Chris is spot on. If you want to do some fab work and come up with good anchoring points then gerhardt is your guy. I have had two of his and they work well. But for plug and play, all guesswork taken out Chris is the guy. I am using his now and won't look back.
88 930 3.4 ,Twin plugged billet Xtreme cylinder heads and denso COPs, Dougherty custom GT 2 evo cams,pauter rods,Garrett Gt40,ms3x Efi ,1100cc injectors,extrude honed 3.2 intake,TK billet fullbay I/C,MODE headers,KEP stage 2,E-85 706 rwhp
Old 11-15-2016, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

FYI -- Gerhardt is leaving or is gone, change of management and/or ownership. Not the same as it was.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Chris, from that pic, it looks like the A/C compressor is still in there. How did you move the plumbing, etc. so it all works together? If I could find a solution like that, then I might be tempted to investigate a bit further.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRogue View Post
Chris, from that pic, it looks like the A/C compressor is still in there. How did you move the plumbing, etc. so it all works together? If I could find a solution like that, then I might be tempted to investigate a bit further.

Thanks.
You'd have to reconfigure your car to run condensers in the rear fenders.

Griffith's can assist you in setting up your car for it. Pretty simple to do.

- Chris.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 11-20-2016, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hams930T View Post
You'd have to reconfigure your car to run condensers in the rear fenders.

Griffith's can assist you in setting up your car for it. Pretty simple to do.

- Chris.
Makes sense. I have to redo all of my A/C anyway, so as long as it works, it's good enough for me. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Keep in mind that condensers in the rear wheel wells are smaller and don't get the same volume of airflow that you get from the one on the top of the engine, with the engine fan sucking air through it. Might want to ask Brian at Griff how much you lose from removing the decklid condenser.

I'd be interested in the answer, as I am going with two condensers in the wheel wells and keeping the half bay IC and decklid condenser.

Compromises, trade-offs and choices...
Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Keep in mind that condensers in the rear wheel wells are smaller and don't get the same volume of airflow that you get from the one on the top of the engine, with the engine fan sucking air through it. Might want to ask Brian at Griff how much you lose from removing the decklid condenser.

I'd be interested in the answer, as I am going with two condensers in the wheel wells and keeping the half bay IC and decklid condenser.

Compromises, trade-offs and choices...
Actually, we've fit the condenser from the rear wing into the left rear fender well, added a fan on top. No problems, more effective than it was in the wing, colder vent temps.

Want really cold air? Lose the 2.5gal washer bottle under the LF headlight and install another A/C condenser + fan there. Ice cold in Phoenix in August, vent temps <34F.
And that's with R134a, not R12.

Most of these cars need new A/C hoses just from age.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: