Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Is there an aftermarket bracket/mount that fits in place of the ash tray? One that looks good and is functional, too. Vinyl wrapped (or, better yet, leather) that fits in with the look of the stock dash? I'd buy one in a heartbeat...but I'm dreaming, aren't I?

Old 11-17-2016, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Kinda what I'm thinking, but this can be improved on!

Old 11-17-2016, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

1979-930, Yes a long time ago. I use to go to Parts Heaven and buy gauges for $25-$50. I agree with getting the important gauges up higher in your line of site. The cht gauge above looks like a Westach gauge. For someone wanting a reasonably priced gauge, they are a good source. They made me a dual a.f. gauge that works with the Innovate LC-1. They can pretty much make any combination you want. Mine fit in the clock opening, I later moved it to the gas gauge opening.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Harrold
Thanks for the information. I like the vintage look of the gauge.
I have to ask. What is the yellow jumper wire sticking out of Cig lighter socket. Scary stuff

After searching. If I can get AFR, EGT, Fuel Press and volt in something like this I'm Sold. This is vintage cool at its best.

Last edited by 1979-930; 11-17-2016 at 10:11 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

The yellow wire was a tach lead for the LM-1 in our race car. The dual a/f gauge saved our motor from some serious damage on a few occasions.
I got pretty anal about having the gauges in a line of site in our race car.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Kinda what I'm thinking, but this can be improved on!
I thought of that too. I think the square gauge would fit in that spot nicely. But then as shown in your picture the console is not that much lower in the sight line. And looking at the ashtray or console will take the same amount of time. So why bother making the dash look out of place.
If I can get something vintage looking to put in place of the clock I'll be happy. I cant help that I'm anal about aesthetics and everything flowing visually.

I threw a couple softballs (there's another one) up for ya, RonJonSoreKnees. Swing away... dam, there's another one.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered
Since most Turbo owners state they do not listen to the radio much, I saw this 3-gauge insert for the radio space that I might use.

Very cheap on FleaBay (around $10 I think).

It does raise the gauges slightly higher up to a better line of sight, altho' still requiring a side glance,
and it does not require any modifications -- just pop it in the radio DIN space,
and the gauges are all slanted toward the driver,
and one can see all 3 gauge readings in one glance in the one direction.

(see pics or the insert)

Last edited by baloo; 11-18-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Old 11-18-2016, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered
one more pic from EBay... NO AFFILIATION, BTW!!!!

Old 11-18-2016, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

The 4" Westach would replace the oil pressure/temp gauge with up to 4 gauges. Add the 2" for another 2 gauges. No affiliation, I just like their stuff.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: