Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Modded 930 Ruf

Nice mods here with exception of the interior.

Anyhow nicely done slant nose Ruf. Looks to be authentic and done back in the day.

1981 Porsche 911 Turbo | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2016, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Modded 930 Ruf

This car looks to be quite a special early Ruf 930.

Looks like at some point someone has added a bunch of cheap engine mods too.

Car could be made back into something quite special.

The interior is a mess, wrong parts ect. It does retain some very very costly and rare parts like the Ruf steering wheel, gauges, and adjustable boost.

I'm thinking this car is really something special being a early Ruf, but unfortunately fell into the wrong hands. Judging from the interior it was owned by a ricer at some point..

Old 11-19-2016, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

So many red flags don't even know where to begin...
Old 11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Modded 930 Ruf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
So many red flags don't even know where to begin...

Here is a very similar car in the Ruf registry.

http://www.rufregistry.com/car-details/93/

Here is this car being discussed on rent list awhile back.

http://rennlist.com/forums/911-turbo-930-forum/761559-1981-ruf-btr-3-4-slantnose-17k-miles.html

From the ad,

"This particular Porsche started life as a real 930 Turbo Coupe, and was converted at the Ruf factory in the early 80s into a full BTR slantnose conversation. This Turbo reminds you from the it TV series Miami Vice. This Ruf was SOLD out of Ruf Automobile GmbH Pfaffenhausen to Messrs East Coast Exotic Cars of Stamford Connecticut on 7-23-1985 by the man himself Alois Ruf. {I have the signed Ruf documents with Alois Ruf signature}. Finished in Grand Prix White with black leather interior. 1981 Ruf Porsche 911 Turbo Steel Slant nose 3.4 litre BTR motor 425 BHP, with 17,398 original miles. Ruf 5 speeds sport transmission, Leather sports Recaro seats, Blaunpunk CD. Full Bilstein suspension, cross drill rotors,K 29 turbo, HKS injector controller, Ruf Speedline wheels 17/9 front 17/10 rear in Excellent shape, full dual sport Stingers Stem bro exhaust,sounds mean. Options include power windows, power door locks and mirrors, air conditioning & rear defroster. Securety system. Extremely rare with Complete documentation. Serious inquiries only, This Ruf BTR carries a Porsche vin, Thank you."

Last edited by 93097004xx; 11-19-2016 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-19-2016, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Car looks great cosmetically, but the engine leaks like a sieve. Mileage appears off big time IMO.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93097004xx View Post

The interior is a mess, wrong parts ect. I
Can you elaborate?
Old 11-20-2016, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Modded 930 Ruf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Can you elaborate?

Picture 22 shows the Ruf steering wheel on the car but the others show it with another steering wheel. The seats have been poorly redone with a painted porsche crest in the center of the back rest.. The shifter is not correct. The door handles are not correct.

That Ruf steering wheel would cost $$$ and that's if you could find one. I would definitely want that.

Again car as a LOT of Ruf parts. Too many and too much $$$ to not be a legit Ruf.

Last edited by 93097004xx; 11-20-2016 at 06:35 AM..
Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Wheels also appear to be the newer Rufs, definitely NOT from 1982 or whenever the seller claims.

No shots of what would be the expensive Ruf parts--gearbox, for one. Again, so much puffery and so little evidence of what this car is claimed to be. Maybe an interested buyer can get more pics from the seller, but I'd never take the word of a seller who doesn't know *****e about what he's got.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
And an Andial speedometer...

Sorry but looks like a riced out, well used, 930 to me that will need a lot of help to make it right. $40K assuming it has a clear history on it might take the bait. You'd end up spending a lot of money on it. I do like the slant in GPW; at least it has that going for it.

- Chris.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

I think the car looks great and regarding the comment on the interior the seats are the very expensive and rare Recaros (I forget the exact model number / name).
Calling the car "riced out" is harsh and unnecessary.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hams930T View Post
And an Andial speedometer...

Sorry but looks like a riced out, well used, 930 to me that will need a lot of help to make it right. $40K assuming it has a clear history on it might take the bait. You'd end up spending a lot of money on it. I do like the slant in GPW; at least it has that going for it.

- Chris.

Yes riced interior, if this car wasn't a Ruf it's worth around $70,000

Any running 930 (or non running 930 for that matter) is worth more than $50,000 in parts alone..

This car if it has the Ruf 5 speed, Ruf BTR engine, steering wheel, adjustable boost, ect is worth nearly $40,000 in Ruf parts alone.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

It's easy enough to climb under the car and take a pic of the gearbox...here's what you're looking for (yes, this is my filthy car!):

Old 11-21-2016, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

So what is so "riced out" about it? the steering wheel, shift knob and the badges on the interior door handles? the seats are Recaro' LSC(period correct)..other than that, the rest seems fine. I see no chrome, leopard prints, funky color seat patterns..etc..etc.. The owner did say the engine will need an overhaul but other than that the car looks great. The negative comments are a bit much.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Modded 930 Ruf

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
So what is so "riced out" about it? the steering wheel, shift knob and the badges on the interior door handles? the seats are Recaro' LSC(period correct)..other than that, the rest seems fine. I see no chrome, leopard prints, funky color seat patterns..etc..etc.. The owner did say the engine will need an overhaul but other than that the car looks great. The negative comments are a bit much.

I believe this to be a nice car. At the very least it was modded back in the day with genuine Ruf parts to BTR spec and may well have been sold by Ruf.

I think the rice comments come from the steering wheel, door handles, porsche crest painted in the seat backs.

This is FAR too nice a car to have those kind of cheap additions.

BTW It looks like the steering wheel has been replaced back to the original unobtainium Ruf steering wheel.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

Hello,
If you want to compare the steering wheel and the meters of the dashboard, here is that of my BTR of 1983.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat RUFBTR View Post

Hello,
If you want to compare the steering wheel and the meters of the dashboard, here is that of my BTR of 1983.

Please show more pictures of the this car, your dash seems to be from a 1985 or newer 930.

I also believe that steering wheel on the 1982 above to be the correct one for a early Ruf.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

"Riced out" might be a bit much, but what is the RED safety switch, the over the top RUF decals on all of the gauges, and the Ruf stickers all over the car?

I don't even know about that steering wheel; I've never seen one (I'm not claiming to have seen everything, but...).

The only thing that looks 100% are the wheels, and they aren't even period correct.

Where's the Ruf number plate? Documentation? Again, so many questions...
Old 11-21-2016, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Here are a few early Ruf 930 steering wheels like that one in the 1982.

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2014/07/01/minerva-blue-ruf-930-btr-slant-nose/

Old 11-21-2016, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Here is the official Ruf catalog.

http://vintageandsportscar.com/rvsc/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5/80s_Ruf_Brochure.html

Old 11-21-2016, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
berponte

Garage
Definition from Urban Dictionary

Riced Out:
Commonly used to refer to poorly modified Hondas and/or other imports.

The common characteristics are neon lights all over the vehicle including the rims, under the body, inside the car, and maybe even on the loser driving it. Another characteristic is an exhaust that sounds like a weed whacker.

The driver of the rice bucket usually thinks his car is tricked out to the max, but really all the people looking at it are laughing not admiring.

Hmm...and...After, I have read everyone's comments, I am thinking, ""but, ...Still, it is a 930...!!". and for some of us it has "persona". Wouldn't mind driving it, even if people are laughing !!!...Ill just get a momo prototipo via amazon prime.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: