Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

motec M48

hello
does anybody have ignition map for MOTEC M48 i am currently working on mapping a new file for my 3L turbo

Old 11-28-2016, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Not to rain in your parade, but giving out (and using) someone else's ignition or fuel maps is asking for disaster. So many things can, and will have an effect on the IGN tables. ( cam timing, CDI vs coil, C/R, twin vs single plug, boost level, etc) I run a Link G4 EFI system, and would be hard pressed to give someone my maps. If not for the very reason that if they melted their engine, the fear that they would hold me responsible for the data.

It would be in your best interest to get the car completed, then bring it to a reputable tuner, and have them put the car on the dyno.

If you are looking for a IGn/Fuel map just to get it running, MoTec should be able to supply you with a start up file to at least get the engine started.
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 11-29-2016, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrat930 View Post
Not to rain in your parade, but giving out (and using) someone else's ignition or fuel maps is asking for disaster.
It's not that dire - any comparable map can be used as a baseline. I've done this numerous times with good enough results to get the car to the dyno for final tuning. Best rule is conservative timing, limited boost, tune injectors to duty cycle.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 11-29-2016, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: