Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Any Atlanta, GA members want to check out a car for me? $$$

This is my first post and want to calm down any suspections that I may be bogus so you can check my eBay ID (also Galevin) and I have 3500 positive feedback with no negatives. I need a mid year 911 1974-77 checked out. Ideally tomorrow 3/21/17, Wed 3/22/17 at the latest. I will pay you for your time by PayPal and will have no problem paying in advance of your visit assuming you are a regular here. I don't want to go into detail on this car on the forum as I dont want any more eyes looking at this car prior to purchase. I'm in Indy and dont have the time nor the knowledge to properly check out a 911 9-10 hours away. I'm ready to buy this car based on your report. I like all the pics and info I've received so far but need someone more knowledgeable than me to inspect this car and then give me their opinion about exterior, interior, mechanical, check for rust, leaks, check their documentation, etc. I will state here and now I will totally resolve you of any liability in the event I'm buying a lemon. I just want another set of eyes onsite to tell me whether they think I should pursue this car or not. And I'm happy to pay for your time and in advance if so desired. Time is of the essence so anyone interested please state your availability, price to inspect, and a phone number I will call you with all the details. I'm really excited about this car and need to know if you feel the same enthusiasm. I will convey all details to the forum after purchase or rejection.
Many thanks,
Gerald
Old 03-20-2017, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Gerald,
I'm not in ATL, so I cant help, but if you don't find a member to help you, maybe ask around for any reputable shops that could give you an honest opinion if the seller is willing to bring it to a shop for PPI?

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Jeff,
That is my back up plan. This car is for sale at a dealer so assuming it would be easier having one of the Gurus here check it out vs having the dealer drive to another location for a ppi. But leaving a refundable deposit and having the dealer take it locally is something I'm considering. Thanks for your reply.
Gerald
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Have you asked in the tech forum? There are several ATL guys

Good luck.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Where is the car?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'll be in Atlanta tomorrow, no expert but my car has not been to a mechanic in 20 yrs as I do all my own maintance. If it is close to my route, I will be glad to help. You can pm me your phone number and we can talk live.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

For an expert independent Porsche workshop, you want Martine at Auto Europe:

AUTO EUROPE
1923 PIEDMONT CIR
NE ATLANTA, GA 30324
Tel. 404.875.0552
alto151@att.net
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 03-21-2017, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: