Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc View Post
the rear half of my car is very rare, you can't tell it, but it is, and actually came off a flatnose.
^^^^
This

Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 04-12-2017, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Humm....the pinch welds don't look right where the inner door jam meets the inside body panel, the wash out at the sill area looks off too.
There should at least be 2 holes in the door jam area, for the identification tag, on the drivers side rear door jam area just below the door latch location. Even if the tag was removed, the holes should be there.
Without knowing any better, and just judging from the pictures, I would suspect after market quarter panels welded onto a standard 911 tub....but what do I know, I'm just looking at pictures.

Mark
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Volt View Post
Did the factory reinforce the strut towers like that? Just curious.

The sale price is....well the sale price.
16volt, no the rear shock tower reinforcement was not original. It has a history of repaint in the original color (Arena Red).

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Humm....the pinch welds don't look right where the inner door jam meets the inside body panel, the wash out at the sill area looks off too.
There should at least be 2 holes in the door jam area, for the identification tag, on the drivers side rear door jam area just below the door latch location. Even if the tag was removed, the holes should be there.
Without knowing any better, and just judging from the pictures, I would suspect after market quarter panels welded onto a standard 911 tub....but what do I know, I'm just looking at pictures.

Mark
full quack, this is a 930 gray market chassis, ZZZ, rest of world so had a federalized VIN decal. Also notice the rear parcel shelf / suspension mounting / engine suspension mounts are distinctive to the post 1977s 930s being about 28mm further rearward.

++ SOLD : 04-12-17 ++ Heading back to Europe. Thanks gentleman for the constructive dialog.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Mine is a gray market car as well 1984, also was federalized, but they still have the factory tag on the door jam. The federalization decal does not omit that, and it must be intact in order to get the US paperwork/licensing.

Congratulations with the sale!

Mark
Old 04-13-2017, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Glad to find someone brave and wIlling to take on a project. After the repaint, salvaged VIN discarded and the rivet holes must have been filled.

I've got another gray market Gemballa 930 for sale next. This one has similar damage, hit in front except it wasn't totaled. Just procured a clean VIN title after AZ inspection. List price?? Thinking ~ $20k should be possible.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

do you still have the rear clip??????????
thanks
apsal
Old 12-26-2019, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsal View Post
do you still have the rear clip??????????
thanks
apsal
Hello, sold some time ago!

++ SOLD : 04-12-17 ++ Heading back to Europe. Thanks gentleman for the constructive dialog.

Old 12-26-2019, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

glad my slant nose tub is in one piece. almost ready for paint.

and I DO have all the other parts, looking forward to the build phase of this project.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: