Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well, first with the disclaimer...my Kimber Super carry pro .45 is not all stock.

I wanted a full stainless gun for carry, as I carry on my waist band in the small of my back.

As delivered Kimber's are NOT 100% stainless steel as advertised, the pin set is still blued steel, the hammer is A2 tool steel, the slide release/catch, mag release and mainspring housing are powdered metal.
So I changed out all of these with Wilson Combat stainless steel items.

With that being said, the gun shoots well, carries well, and does not exhibit any corrosion issues...sooooo take that as you will.

All in all, much better than my blued steel Colt Combat Commander that I carried for 30 years, and needing to clean it at least weekly during the warm temps.

And while on the gun subject, the readily available house gun is a Rem. 870 Marine Magnum 12 ga., no corrosion there either :}

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 06-12-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

And ronnie aka rawkness, never dissapoints. Same ole chit. Gotta have some gay content to each post. Disagree?, waiting for the flames.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
The addition to the house is almost done and had to keep the car I couldn't unload it on anyone the way it was running. I had to take over construction when the contractor I had abandoned the job and took off with a fair amount of money from me thanks to the bank giving him another check without my consent or verification the work warranted it
Go after the bank on that, get an attorney if needed. They are liable
Old 06-12-2017, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Sig 228 for me, I don't like plastic guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Used to be the "American Express" rule... never leave home without it...

Now with current situations, it's the "underwear rule" If I am wearing undies, theres a gun on me...

Daily carry is a Sig P320 carry, deep carry is a Sig P290RS. NH has Constitutional carry as well, but I still opt for the license to carry. This allows you the ability to carry in school zones if needed and I bid a lot of commercial work in and around school zones.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice. Being that I almost went to work for Sig, I have a lot of contacts there and they're a NH based company, so i get 1/2 off. So I lean toward them.
Well be careful. I'm personally very much a wheel gun guy for carry. I've never had a revolver stovepipe, fail to feed, fail to eject etc but had plenty of factory loads do that in an auto loader, but never one of my handloads.

I just had a negligent discharge in my kitchen the other night. Must have gotten complacent leaving the range. My M&P 9mm had a round hang up in the chamber when I cleared it leaving the range the other day, and my mind was already out the door and missed it. Ended up shooting a pile of dishes and my kitchen counter with a 135gr 9mm load at point blank range. Scared the crop outta me.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
I have a Taurus 9mm. Only reason is a friend was moving to England with his wife and had to get rid of it first. It hasn't been out of the locked case in 15+ years.
I'm keeping it for the zombie apocalypse. I actually keep it because Liberals don't want me to have it.

Civility thread and Gun conversations. What's weird about that Mocker?
I'm a liberal.

Lets glance in my closet.

Remmington 700 BDL in .306 high power shilouette rigle
Remmington 870 12 ga wingmaster with a variety of barrels and chokes
Lee Enfield WWI infantry rifle in .303
some plinking .22
a couple of custom anshutz .306 target rifles
two BSA .22 martini action target rifles
colt national match .45
custom .45 on a caspian frame
izh 35M .22
high standard .22
dan wesson .22 revolver 8" barrel
dan wesson .44mag revolver 8" vented, weighted, ported barrel (270gr loads is 27gr of W296 needs a heavy gun)
2 ruger internal hammer .38 revolvers
smith and wesson .9mm m&p pro 5" barrel
maybe one or two others

and I'll firmly defend anybodys right to use the bathroom they identify with lol
Old 06-12-2017, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
. . . and I'll firmly defend anybodys right to use the bathroom they identify with lol
DeezNutzDerrick uses the barnyard bathroom - not that there's anything wrong wiff that!
Old 06-12-2017, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

An armed society is a polite society
Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Well be careful. I'm personally very much a wheel gun guy for carry. I've never had a revolver stovepipe, fail to feed, fail to eject etc but had plenty of factory loads do that in an auto loader, but never one of my handloads.

I just had a negligent discharge in my kitchen the other night. Must have gotten complacent leaving the range. My M&P 9mm had a round hang up in the chamber when I cleared it leaving the range the other day, and my mind was already out the door and missed it. Ended up shooting a pile of dishes and my kitchen counter with a 135gr 9mm load at point blank range. Scared the crop outta me.
A negligent discharge can happen to about anyone, had a friend kill his neighbors refrigerator while inspecting his new purchase.

I was a couple of blinds down from a bad opening day experience goose hunting a long time ago. Young man shot and killed his dad while loading his gun.

I was at friends house a few years ago, he came real close to shooting a customer at his gun store. 2" higher and willie would have taken a direct hit.

He had just acquired MAC 10 open bolt and wasn't familiar with them, that gun would burn through bullets like nothing I've ever seen in real life.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
An armed society is a polite society

Old 06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
DeezNutzDerrick uses the barnyard bathroom - not that there's anything wrong wiff that!

I prefer my outhouse.

This thread is officially a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

All I can say is that for all the heat Mr. Monson purportedly packs in the front of his trousers, any man who makes his living selling "limited slip" isn't going to be getting much action.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 06-13-2017, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Yes, this thread has gone sideways a bit.

And well I guess ole Ronnie's out packing some where.....wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, say no more.

I've had a cancelled carry permit since I was 21, and carry daily...present carrying shoot'n iron of choice, Kimber super carry pro .45.

Mark
I CCW'd a Kimber Ultra-Carry for about 10 years. Great gun.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
South Florida wack jobs caused me to get my concealed carry. Daily carry is a s&w body guard, home gun glock 23. The original owner of my car was a doctor from South Carolina and there was a holster mount under the glove box. It was meant to be!
88 930 3.4 ,Twin plugged billet Xtreme cylinder heads and denso COPs, Dougherty custom GT 2 evo cams,pauter rods,Garrett Gt40,ms3x Efi ,1100cc injectors,extrude honed 3.2 intake,TK billet fullbay I/C,MODE headers,KEP stage 2,E-85 706 rwhp
Old 06-13-2017, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Since this has turned into a gun thread..

1914 Luger artillery and Walther P38

For long range work, K98 byf low turret sniper

All brought back after the war by my dear Dad who humped a Browning M30 water cooled across Europe.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Well be careful. ...
I just had a negligent discharge in my kitchen the other night. ... Scared the crop outta me.
Good point and pet topic of mine.
Yep, it's inevitable: if you shoot enough, you WILL have a round go off from a firearm that you are holding! Inevitable.
Oh yah yah, I've heard dozens of guys say that it NEVER did and NEVER will happen to them -- but that's just empty talk.

Have seen 3 people KILLED by negligent discharge of a firearm, and the trigger pullers were skilled shooters.

There was a time when I would fire over a thousand rounds a day from up to 4 different pows ( CAR15 with XM203, AK, SKS, M60, M79, Uzi, Swedish K, M-1, M-1 carbine, M-14, Springifelds, FN's, MP38, assorted pistols -- we had an exotic and active amory). I always felt that I was "at one" with a weapon, and that I was safe.

THEN it happened while showing an HSc to a friend. Luckily, I was always super-conscious to never point a weapon at anyone, even unloaded, bolt open, no mag, etc. -- so the round just went thru the screen door. Again, lucky that no one was passing outside.

Yep, scared the "crop" out of me. In fact, immobilized me for a second -- stunned.

I tell my kids that if anyone (especially at a party, with alcohol) is showing off their weapon, GET OUT OF THE ROOM and far away. Don't even try to convince the guy to put it away!
Do not be the unwitting victim of an unintentional discharge. Those unwitting bullets are like magnets. In fact, they find their mark better than well-aimed and intentional shots. (Anyone with snub nose experience knows this.)

Last edited by baloo; 06-13-2017 at 05:20 AM..
Old 06-13-2017, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo owner View Post
A negligent discharge can happen to about anyone.
And, that is how Raw Knees came into this world...
Old 06-13-2017, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
I'm in a good area, but still get riff raff...
Lol, love that expression. All the old people in my life say that too
Yes, there are a few individuals who are insensitive and regard themselves as the ultimate authorities on everything. We all know who they are.
I try to ignore them.
What clinched it for me was the gutless individual (one of these self-anointed experts, I recon) who created a nonsensical screen name to PM me, telling me I was a retard and I should go kill myself.
Some people need to get a life.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 06-13-2017, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
And, that is how Raw Knees came into this world...
LMFAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
What clinched it for me was the gutless individual (one of these self-anointed experts, I recon) who created a nonsensical screen name to PM me, telling me I was a retard and I should go kill myself.
Some people need to get a life.
That really happened? It's just a car hobby forum... What a Douche Bag
Old 06-13-2017, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
I haven't been on this forum for a long time. I left because it seemed like a hostile environment for many folks not just myself.
Hey Mr. Smith, good to have you back!

Nice looking woodwork you got there! (Paging Rawknees'!)

I was raised in my Dad's wood shop, and spent 7 years in the Colorado mountains framing houses and condos, also doing exterior and interior trim. Some day I'll get back to it and build my little mountain shack....

Funny thing with forums, they kind of go up and down. It seems like recently this forum has gotten back to the hardcore group that just likes working on and driving their cars...........a good thing IMHO.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: