Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
What clinched it for me was the gutless individual (one of these self-anointed experts, I recon) who created a nonsensical screen name to PM me, telling me I was a retard and I should go kill myself.
Some people need to get a life.
That kind of crap just kills me, it's almost like these 'experts' know it all and have nothing left to learn! We all have plenty to learn from others.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
good to have you back, Gerry - was a bummer to see you go

The civility here's always been pretty great IMO - sure, some heated dialogues but nearly always always w/ good intent and WITH HUMOR... laughter makes the world go 'round, and what good are ya if ya can't laugh @ yerself??? (not you specifically).

The worst I've seen it get was right @ the price spike these saw coupla years back and then all the value speculation threads - that seemed to have unfortunately skewed the mix here somewhat from the hardcore driver's and DIY'ers to show 'n shiners, flippers, and museum car owners.

Gerry, if I recall correctly you might have at least somewhat overreacted to a few things back then and - again, if memory serves me right - you'd said it may have been attributed to a health issue you were experiencing?

Hope all's set w/ that on your end there... again, it's great to have you and your sense of humor back 8-). Car's lookin great, and I really dig the striping of the wood you used on your build there!

and lol - yeah... this thread's a disaster... love it!

Agreed, Win... this place does seem to swing around a bit (go for it, 'Raw) and it's great to see it back to the core gaming gamers. Good peeps.

Game ON, dewdz!!!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-13-2017, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
And, that is how Raw Knees came into this world...
Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo owner View Post
A negligent discharge can happen to about anyone,
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
And, that is how Raw Knees came into this world...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
LMFAO!!
You three chimps have never been on the receiving end of a "negligent discharge" - they've all been precisely placed!

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 06-13-2017 at 09:30 AM..
Old 06-13-2017, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Go after the bank on that, get an attorney if needed. They are liable
Can't the fine print allowed the dirtbag to do that even if it wasn't right
Old 06-13-2017, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Well from what I am hearing it seems that the flamers have moved on for the most part. It also seems this forum is back to what it used to be and that is a good thing
Old 06-13-2017, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

3 restos WIP = psycho

Yup!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 06-13-2017, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, the turbo forum has gotten more user friendly over the last few years and the professionals that contribute to this board is amazing. Unfortunately we have lost some good contributors too.

Rahl
Old 06-13-2017, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Well from what I am hearing it seems that the flamers have moved on for the most part. It also seems this forum is back to what it used to be and that is a good thing
Welcome back! All the good supportive folks are still here, most of us anyway. The naysayers; well, there will always be some no matter where you go, but some have moved on to greener pastures. We have a very highly intelligent and thus highly opinionated group. Some have never learned the social skills to balance the financial prosperity that allows us to join this unique club. Just my opinion, FWIW.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356911930 View Post
Yes, the turbo forum has gotten more user friendly over the last few years and the professionals that contribute to this board is amazing. Unfortunately we have lost some good contributors too.

Rahl
I guess I have been gone for over 2 years wow
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 06-13-2017, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Hi Mark
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 06-13-2017, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Quote:
A negligent discharge can happen to about anyone,
there are 2 types of shooters, those who've has ND's and those who will have ND's... basic range/gun safety will get you home at night. Never flag anyone, even with a completely empty gun.

Great point is the AR platform with a floating firing pin. It can set off soft primers, just by the bolt dropping. In essence, slam firing. I have seen footage of an AR going full auto for 3 rounds with shotty primers in reloads.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

My other costly investment......

Helps keep this cost, lower I guess...

Old 06-14-2017, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
^^^^^
As a MG shooter, I found buying in bulk was my best option.

Working on my cars for past time fun.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
It regards to the OP's topic.
Being a newbie and having only been a poster and Turbo owner for about 18 Months; I have not read or experienced any dickheadary toward anyone or myself. And I have posted some dumb questions...
Old 06-14-2017, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Quote:
^^^^^
OMG, what do you have against MGs. Fortunately my LBCs are Austin Healeys but I'll warn my MG buds about your proclivities.

Just kidding because after a career of shooting M16s, M60s and 50cals, I do know what you mean.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahenthus View Post
OMG, what do you have against MGs. Fortunately my LBCs are Austin Healeys but I'll warn my MG buds about your proclivities.

Just kidding because after a career of shooting M16s, M60s and 50cals, I do know what you mean.
With those toys the government was most likely picking up the tab? A tenant of mine who's in the NG does is 1 weekend a month as a range supervision trainer at Ft. Wood.

I wish us civilians could go play with the fun stuff.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Civility good. Attention span and dick jokes poor. For home defense I like the old M4 Sherman. 75mm with 100+ rounds, plus my wife on the 50.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Lol
Old 06-14-2017, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Quote:
^^^^^

Working on my cars for past time fun.
until 2008-2009 when you couldn't get ammo, bulk or not.

I am in the $.19 per round for 5.56 using once fired brass, $.12 with my own brass I have policed at the range. I bought it more for .300 blackout subs though.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: