Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

oil line

hi
i need advise form the elders of our Porsche tribe ? for a front oil cooler for a 911 without front oil cooler should i use AN12 or AN16 ? any recommendation ?
I live in a hot zone i even thought about 2 . 1 on each side of the front fender.
its an old 1976 car with 964 motor inside
thx
Old 07-23-2017, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moty View Post
hi
i need advise form the elders of our Porsche tribe ? for a front oil cooler for a 911 without front oil cooler should i use AN12 or AN16 ? any recommendation ?
I live in a hot zone i even thought about 2 . 1 on each side of the front fender.
its an old 1976 car with 964 motor inside
thx
Check out the selection here: British American Transfer
81 SC Euro WB, 930/51, 3.0l Bored & Stroked to 3.2l, Ported Polished Twin Plug heads, Ruf IC, K27 7006, Powerhaus headers, Zork, 009 inj, Alum inj blks, 044 pump, BLwur, Mocal Oil cooler, LM2, 930 4 sp LSD, 930 Brembo brakes, Retroair a/c, Euromeisters.....
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

With a 3.6 motor in the car and in a hot zone you MUST have (2) coolers up front.

The best start by far to a front cooler system is to use the factory Brass Hardlines and Thermostat assy that are available used.

Try to find them locally, as shipping is costly. UPS and Fedex want to charge an extra fee for the oversize length.

The factory lines are 30mm, which is in between AN-12 and AN-16.

I would recommend the factory Radiator type Cooler with Fan in the Front Right fender and adding either a center mount aux cooler (reqs an opening in the Valence) or a Front Left fender mounted cooler.

These aux coolers are available in AN-12, M30, or AN-16. AN-12 is likely the least costly and may be available used. This sizes seems to be adequate, especially if just
for the street. You must adapt from M30 to the AN size and the adapters add to the cost and take up space.

In case you cannot find them locally, I have the factory lines and thermostat available used. I also make up custom oil hoses to connect to the rest of the system that are considered "factory level" by those who know me.

I also offer "Direct Connect" fittings for using AN-12 with M30 that eliminates the need for adapters and are available at no extra cost.

Please email me for info. I am happy to help.

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Old 07-25-2017, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: