Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Just to let followers of this thread know I am temporarily sold out of Wastegate rebuild kits, and the gaskets. I do still have the shim washers left to sell but suspect if your in that deep your going to need the other parts as well. I am putting in another order for all the parts, will have many more on the way in about 4 weeks time. I have been in contact with a North Carolina based company about making a run of the valve and seat for the wastegate. I should know if that project is a go in about a month.
Thanks to all the early adopters for making this possible. ideola is now the first and sole distributor of these parts kits on his 924 web store!

David
Old 04-03-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
When you have another batch of parts available I would like to purchase a set, may have some other customers for you as well in the racing circle. thanks for taking all the time to make this happen, I ve done similar projects for farm equipment and it is very time consuming!

Thanks

Ben
Old 04-23-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
I have a small stock of the valve guide / shim / gasket kits available. Dave has approved me to resell these. Send a PM if interested.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Old 04-23-2018, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
I will have kits back in stock in a couple of months. In the time being please contact Dan. I am now working on making a run of the valve itself. I am looking for a well used burned or cracked valve to perform some destructive testing on. I don't want to cut up a good valve unless I have to. Please PM me if your able to support!
David
Performance EngiNERDing
Old 04-23-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

I want to publicly thank David for making these kits available to 930 lovers. I got mine a little while ago. Nice job, David! And thank you.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Status update, it's taking longer than expected to get final valve design nailed down. Some background, it is common industry practice to manufacture exhaust valves from two different types of steel. These separate pieces are friction welding together and the "valve blank" is then finish machined. In the case of this wastegate valve we need to cut up a valve to see where the welds are. A donor valve will be cut in half along the long axis, it will then be polished and acid etched to reveal the weld or welds. It's a costly and time consuming task, but most direct way of discovering how Porsche made these valves.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
I have sourced a very early wastegate valve. From the massive amount of erosion I suspect it is not Inconel. It is also magnetic all the way up the stem, the 1982 and 1986 valves I have checked are only magnetic at the very top of the stem where it is threaded. It looks like Porsche realized these valves needed to be made of a Superalloy after a couple of years of warranty replacements... I will cut and polish this valve just to see, but really need to find a donor valve manufactured after 1982, please someone step up to the plate for Science!!!
Old 05-12-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Caribbean911-930

Garage
Send a message via AIM to joseucabrera Send a message via Yahoo to joseucabrera
Please let me know once you have
kits back in stock. Will need two.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
New batch of bushings have arrived, have yet to go through QA and dimensional verification. Gaskets are still waiting on delivery. Maybe a couple weeks and kits will be ready to ship
David
Performance EngiNERDing
Old 06-06-2018, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Wastegate kits are back in stock. Pricing on this batch is $95 per kit. Please PM me for more information.
Thanks
David
#930MOAB
Performance EngiNERDing
Engineer.white@gmail.com
Old 06-27-2018, 02:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

count me in. sent pm
Old 06-27-2018, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
My brother is going to be in Monterey this week to enjoy car week and enjoy as much of it he can. We hatched a plan for him to act as my outside sales rep. I printed up a small batch of business cards to advertise the 930 wastegate kits. If any of you are attending with your 930, and you find one of my cards placed under your windshield wiper please let me know!
Old 08-20-2018, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
Does anyone have a spare 959 wastegate or sequence valve laying around??
Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: