Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I use a treadmill.

Last edited by boosted79; 11-24-2017 at 11:51 AM..
Old 11-24-2017, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Flightlead, call it tulips, but am up 5 digits in BTC, ETH and LTC. Hold XRP as well. I am late to the game but have done a chit ton of reading. Do not know if these will be the coins, but the technology is here to stay. I have put about 5% into the crypto mania. I am one of the believers that this is going to the moon. Crazy cash is pouring in, like BTC the best.
Think the dow or s&p 500 is not over valued? We are living in crazy times, diversify. I hold traditional investments, hard cash, stock and bond though very limited now, some crypto, precious metals (love my silver eagles and lead.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

When crazy cash starts pouring in is usually the time to start thinking about selling. Very similar to the dotcom mania. But this site is about cars..
Old 11-25-2017, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet83 View Post
Flightlead, call it tulips, but am up 5 digits in BTC, ETH and LTC. Hold XRP as well. I am late to the game but have done a chit ton of reading. Do not know if these will be the coins, but the technology is here to stay. I have put about 5% into the crypto mania. I am one of the believers that this is going to the moon. Crazy cash is pouring in, like BTC the best.
Think the dow or s&p 500 is not over valued? We are living in crazy times, diversify. I hold traditional investments, hard cash, stock and bond though very limited now, some crypto, precious metals (love my silver eagles and lead.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying, just chuckling over the late 1600's tulip bulb example provided. An example used in an early chapter of Malkiels "A Random Walk Down Wall Street". An excellent read.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan A View Post
I don't mind modded cars, but I think at this point I'd rather have the bitcoins
Yup. Happy to have the bitcoins.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
hahaha I live in a high rise with a lot of movie/TV people, lots of music industry types, and well known professional athletes (at least, I'm told they are well known baseball and football bore the piss out of me, I'd rather watch videos about engine teardowns).

You should SEE the, um, "taste" of some of them when it comes to their vehicles. There's a Bentley turbo that's done in a hot pink chrome look wrap......entirely! A Lambo that's had the same treatment in eye piercing electric blue, there's a Maybach that's had every little piece of trim, exterior screw, fitment, badge, wheels, window trim picked out in gold, a Panamera that is jacked up on something, painted in some sort of material that looks like pick up bed spray in liner, the list is endless.

You live in an interesting place. Prob good parties too?
But mostly in bad taste. Money and bad taste is a terrible mix.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 12-01-2017, 12:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ New Money + lack of education = LOOK AT ME! Syndrome
Old 12-01-2017, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: