Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Old car guy.....

Garage
Rauh Welt ...... Bitcoin

Check this out....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253266595311?ul_noapp=true
81 SC Euro WB, 930/51 Turbo 3.0l Bored & Stroked to 3.2l, Ported Polished Twin Plug heads, Ruf IC, K27 7006, Powerhaus headers, Zork, 009 inj, Alum inj blks, 044 pump, BLwur, Mocal Oil cooler, LM2, 930 4 sp LSD, 930 Brembo brakes, Retroair a/c, Euromeisters.....
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nice build, looks much better with the polished silver wheels.

Its been for sale for quite some time and would take $200k to build it...so the price is very fair.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I don't mind modded cars, but I think at this point I'd rather have the bitcoins
Old 11-19-2017, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Euro View Post

First time I've seen bitcoin mentioned on a car deal or even outside of TV in some dark web transaction. Maybe I just live a protected life.

I think I like mine and will save the $160k for later.
81 SC Euro WB, 930/51 Turbo 3.0l Bored & Stroked to 3.2l, Ported Polished Twin Plug heads, Ruf IC, K27 7006, Powerhaus headers, Zork, 009 inj, Alum inj blks, 044 pump, BLwur, Mocal Oil cooler, LM2, 930 4 sp LSD, 930 Brembo brakes, Retroair a/c, Euromeisters.....
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Reading over the build sheet, sure seems that not much was done as far as suspension upgrades. Sure it has better than stock coil overs, but no mention about pivot points, control arm pickup points, caster/camber plates, sway bars, strut bracing etc., etc.,.
For that kind of dough, I'd expect better components through out.
Just saying....

Mark
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I dunno Mark, all monoball bushings and mounts in a nice street car? That seems more appropriate to an RS/RSR car than a good performing cruiser.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 11-20-2017, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey Chris,

I saw nothing in the ad literature or pictures that indicated anything had been done to the suspension, other than KW coil overs and a strut brace. In fact the pictures showing the underside {as best you can make out} look bone stock and original???

I was more thinking, raised spindles, proper bump steer kit, caster/camber front adjustment plates, Rebel racing front control arm bushings, rear Rebel racing spring plate bushings, after market sways....that kind of stuff, the stuff that works great on the street.

Maybe it's there, and I can't see it, and they didn't bother to mention it???

Don't get me wrong, the car looks nice if your into the RWB look, and the man does have a wicked skill set. I just think you could loose the signature on the dash, and transfer that cult following price tag, and invest a little more into the car.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 11-21-2017 at 07:46 AM..
Old 11-21-2017, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
But can the "Go" match the show ??
Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Here's what I don't get...
Who drives these cars? And where?

I actually think they look totally awesome. Low, wide, mean. But on the street?? I could never. I mean my plain old black 964 Turbo draws enough...or too much....attention for me as it is. I could never drive around on the street in a car like that - with huge monstrous flares, huge spoilers, winglets etc.

Are they purely for the cars n coffee crowd? for the track? or for those who need and love attention?

I'm not bagging on the cars or the people - truly just curious....
Denver, CO
Old 11-21-2017, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Euro View Post

First time I've seen bitcoin mentioned on a car deal or even outside of TV in some dark web transaction. Maybe I just live a protected life.
I'm starting to have more conversations with customers, and being involved with discussions in our pre-sales community about crypto currencies and digital ledgers. More and more customers, not just financial institutions, are looking into digital ledgers for security, as well as a lot of the retail banks developing thoughts around Bitcoin. My guess is that we'll see a LOT more on crypto currency in the next 5yrs. It's just a pity that it's a term synonymous with Silk Road and dark web activities, as it has huge potential if used correctly. Anyway, we digress....
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 11-21-2017, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo ride View Post
Here's what I don't get...
Who drives these cars? And where?

I actually think they look totally awesome. Low, wide, mean. But on the street?? I could never. I mean my plain old black 964 Turbo draws enough...or too much....attention for me as it is. I could never drive around on the street in a car like that - with huge monstrous flares, huge spoilers, winglets etc.

Are they purely for the cars n coffee crowd? for the track? or for those who need and love attention?

I'm not bagging on the cars or the people - truly just curious....
hahaha I live in a high rise with a lot of movie/TV people, lots of music industry types, and well known professional athletes (at least, I'm told they are well known baseball and football bore the piss out of me, I'd rather watch videos about engine teardowns).

You should SEE the, um, "taste" of some of them when it comes to their vehicles. There's a Bentley turbo that's done in a hot pink chrome look wrap......entirely! A Lambo that's had the same treatment in eye piercing electric blue, there's a Maybach that's had every little piece of trim, exterior screw, fitment, badge, wheels, window trim picked out in gold, a Panamera that is jacked up on something, painted in some sort of material that looks like pick up bed spray in liner, the list is endless.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^That was my thought. The same type of people that like Lamborghinis would be into RWB.
I dig the flared out race car look.The RWB is an exaggeration of that look and crosses over into a cartoon caricature of a race car.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I was picking up my girls at their high school this summer and as we we're walking to my 930 that looks totally stock on the outside, a few HS boys walked by it and one shouted to his friends "look at that RWB!". I had to laugh.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

obviously bitcoin accepted, thats like saying no to taking apple stock in trade. you can just sell it for what its worth immediately.

and on what planet would that cost 200k to build?

also, if you start from the bottom of the photos and start scrolling up the car gets better. But ill just fast forward it for ya...

Old 11-23-2017, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

BTC

Old 11-23-2017, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
BTC

[nodding]

A customer of mine and a colleague were discussing this last night over a "correctional" after work...crazy values. Does one put their savings down into Bitcoin? $8000/coin is a hell of an entry point, but the graph keeps climbing....
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 11-24-2017, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

The graph will keep climbing unless I decide to put a little in, then it will crash the next day, and you can buy. It looks like a classic bubble to me, kind of like tulip bulbs, at least tulip bulbs had some intrinsic value..
Old 11-24-2017, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Cool roll bar, Brah.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenny_b View Post
[nodding]

A customer of mine and a colleague were discussing this last night over a "correctional" after work...crazy values. Does one put their savings down into Bitcoin? $8000/coin is a hell of an entry point, but the graph keeps climbing....
Some very influential people speculate that bitcoin will continue to grow until the tens of thousands. Itís gone up $2000 in a month. Put your savings no. Put a portion that wonít upset your life if something crazy happens yes. There is so much growth potential because only one small part of the worlds population is active in it. Every day there are discussions like this all around you and one by one more and more people are getting in which drives the value up. It has its 30-45 day corrections but overall it keeps climbing. Now that you can buy bitcoin futures the corrections are expected to get fewer and less dramatic.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
The graph will keep climbing unless I decide to put a little in, then it will crash the next day, and you can buy. It looks like a classic bubble to me, kind of like tulip bulbs, at least tulip bulbs had some intrinsic value..
lol tulip bulbs. What was that, 17th century? How about bonds backed by sub prime mortgages.

Are you a random walker?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: