Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
CONSTANTLY! My car is a sleeper. Easing down the road itís not overly loud even with a 3Ē muffled zork, looks very stock, and typically only run a little over 600 hp in the hot summer months, itís the winter down here when i unleash it. Mostly Lamborghini,wrx, new vetts,my favorite ď spankingĒ is high end crotch rockets from an 80 mph 3 rd gear hit. They just donít understand

88 930 3.4 ,Twin plugged billet Xtreme cylinder heads and denso COPs, Dougherty custom GT 2 evo cams,pauter rods,Garrett Gt40,ms3x Efi ,1100cc injectors,extrude honed 3.2 intake,TK billet fullbay I/C,MODE headers,KEP stage 2,E-85 706 rwhp
Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

xbmwguy made me remember one run. Many years ago, I had a couple of sportbikes run up on me. One was a 600cc Yamaha R6 IIRC, that had one of those super obnoxious cans on that was totally ear piercing. He came up on me and let me know he wanted to run. Surprisingly, I pulled him slowly all the way to 140. That was back when I had the tiny 60-1 HiFi turbo and super restrictive pancake filter. Now, I'd have blew him out of the water....
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 11-21-2017, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I haven't been challenged in many years and doddle around town when I drive my car.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Am I the only one that is borderline harassed by every guy in a Camry GT, WRX, Audi, BMW or whatever car to race every time you take the Porsche for a drive? The mustang and corvette guys have all left me alone.
I drove the 930 yesterday and on the way there a Camry GT was trying to egg me into a race; not two miles later a BMW M5 with paper plates. I hope his girlfriend was impressed as he raced off by himself.
And on the way home a Audi SUV and Audi Sedan A5. WTF? Two Audi's. By the third light I was annoyed and let the A5 have it. Sucks to loose to a stock 38year old car.
lol I just get lots of waves and thumbs ups in the 930, even from the ricer crowd, in fact especially from the ricer crowd.

Last night in my Jag XKR driving up to visit the parents some DB in a 'vette kept trying to get me to race though. He was real DB too, kept hovering off my rear bumper at 83 mph (where I set the cruise) for 100 miles, but wouldn't take his turn in front. Just kept downshifting and revving.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Is it you or the drivers of the other cars that attract the attention? Lots of modern cars can leave a stock 930 behind in the stop light grand prix. Why do you care? Your car is vintage and does not need to show itself to the new technology.

What is a Camry GT?

Cheers
Old 11-21-2017, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
A stock 930 would be left behind by a modern minivan, good thing they respond so well to mods!
The red rocket attracted a lot of attention as does the gray slant. These cars look the part so represent! Just being able to keep up with a modern car in a 40 year old hotrod is rewarding all by itself, let alone racing sport bikes!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
CONSTANTLY! . . .
I'm just surprised, FrankinNutz, that your car can get moving at all, what with the weight of its swangin' swangers out back!
Old 11-21-2017, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Alton View Post
Is it you or the drivers of the other cars that attract the attention? Lots of modern cars can leave a stock 930 behind in the stop light grand prix. Why do you care? Your car is vintage and does not need to show itself to the new technology.

What is a Camry GT?

Cheers

I think itís the Guards Red 930 that attracts the attention.
I care because itís annoying.
The question is to find out if others experience the same thing while enjoying their classic.
I have no idea what a Camry GT is. Thatís what the plastic label on the trunk said.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 11-21-2017, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

7-8 years ago, I was playing with a guy in a 512BB, I passed him going up a hill (dedicated two lanes one way) then he passes me going into a corner then lost it in front of me. Totaled the 512 and almost took me out. I was lucky. You never know the skill and judgement of the other guy. Needless to say, lesson learned.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timc View Post
7-8 years ago, I was playing with a guy in a 512BB, I passed him going up a hill (dedicated two lanes one way) then he passes me going into a corner then lost it in front of me. Totaled the 512 and almost took me out. I was lucky. You never know the skill and judgement of the other guy. Needless to say, lesson learned.
VERY good lesson learned...and at the risk of being the forum wet blanket, there is a place for seeing how your car stacks up against other cars--THE TRACK!

We just lost a member (and less importantly, a 930) here a couple of months ago when he lost control of his car on the street. Could have killed somebody else, too.

Be careful out there.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
CONSTANTLY! My car is a sleeper. Easing down the road it’s not overly loud even with a 3” muffled zork, looks very stock, and typically only run a little over 600 hp in the hot summer months, it’s the winter down here when i unleash it. Mostly Lamborghini,wrx, new vetts,my favorite “ spanking” is high end crotch rockets from an 80 mph 3 rd gear hit. They just don’t understand

Ha! I'd hardly call that purdy little car a sleeper! At least to the 'ricer' crowd. 'That's a classic TURBO PORSCHE! Let's go play with it!'

Last edited by flat6pilot; 11-22-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11-22-2017, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
In the late 80's to mid 90's just about every hopped mustang 5.0 would aggressively roll up on me

I am partial to American muscle too but I like them when they left the factory with a 427 just how I prefer Porsche's with turbochargers

Old 11-25-2017, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Van,love that camaro &not a bad looking 935.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Ditto.
I look forward to seeing some of those old race cars next year at Laguna Seca Van
Old 11-25-2017, 10:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: