Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Kraft Clutch

My son ordered me a replacement clutch for my car. I am pumped to have it installed.
I have the KEP in there now and HATE IT!!! I know so of you guys use it with good luck, I have short bellhousing Turbo tranny and for some reason my car does not like it.
The turbo kraft clutch is a little pricy but spare no expense for my baby. Let you guys no how it works out when I get it installed John
83 sc cab turbo widebody. 3.5 liter supertec motor, B&B headers, EFI electromotive TecGT, TurboKraft GT35R billet turbo, 964 cams, WM inj, Bell full bay intercooler, Short bell housing turbo 4 speed tranny, roll bar, hargett shifter,
Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Is it a stage 1 or 2? I have a stage 1 in my '77 with a Sachs organic disk. It holds the power well but I could never get the adjustment right. It was like the disk is too thick for the KEP pressure plate. The disk has worn in some now so there is a little more play in the adjustment, but I stall have push the clutch pedal to the floor to fully release it.
1977 930 Slant, MS3 EFI, Carrera intake, Twin plug, Powerhaus headers, Magnaflow muffler, Garretson intercooler, GTX3071R
Old 12-29-2017, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there J,

If Chris helped with the selection of the clutch will love the results...end of story.

When I needed a clutch package, I researched until I was blue in the face and rightly confused for what to buy. So many opinions, so little real applicable information, as every bodies situation is slightly different.

I threw my hands up, and called Chris...problem solved. Proper, detailed advise is priceless!

Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I also called Chris when I needed to change my clutch and he was spot on. I love the feel and the holding power. You will be pleased John I’m sure.
87 930:G-50 5 Speed, Powerhaus Headers, K-27, Garretson Intercooler, RarlyL8 exhaust and 1 bar boost....
85 911:Wevo shifter,full adjustable suspension,bigger torsion bars,Carbon fiber hood,930 brakes and rims.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
I have KEP II in both my shortened g50 and in the 930 trans, but find them giving a very hard pedal.
As I understand, Turbokraft package is softer pedal and gives good hold

Looking forward to see your experience on this john
Trond R.
1979 930: Garret GT35r turbo, EFI, carerra intake, Link EMS, custom GT2 cams, 98mm JE P/C, 964 crank (stroker), custom valves & ported (XtremeCylinderHeads) etc..etc..
1972 914-6 GT replica project
1986 944 Turbo
Old 12-29-2017, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: