Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turbo Kraft Clutch

My son ordered me a replacement clutch for my car. I am pumped to have it installed.
I have the KEP in there now and HATE IT!!! I know so of you guys use it with good luck, I have short bellhousing Turbo tranny and for some reason my car does not like it.
The turbo kraft clutch is a little pricy but spare no expense for my baby. Let you guys no how it works out when I get it installed John
83 sc cab turbo widebody. 3.5 liter supertec motor, B&B headers, EFI electromotive TecGT, TurboKraft GT35R billet turbo, 964 cams, WM inj, Bell full bay intercooler, Short bell housing turbo 4 speed tranny, roll bar, hargett shifter,
Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Is it a stage 1 or 2? I have a stage 1 in my '77 with a Sachs organic disk. It holds the power well but I could never get the adjustment right. It was like the disk is too thick for the KEP pressure plate. The disk has worn in some now so there is a little more play in the adjustment, but I stall have push the clutch pedal to the floor to fully release it.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there J,

If Chris helped with the selection of the clutch package...you will love the results...end of story.

When I needed a clutch package, I researched until I was blue in the face and rightly confused for what to buy. So many opinions, so little real applicable information, as every bodies situation is slightly different.

I threw my hands up, and called Chris...problem solved. Proper, detailed advise is priceless!

Mark
Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I also called Chris when I needed to change my clutch and he was spot on. I love the feel and the holding power. You will be pleased John I’m sure.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have KEP II in both my shortened g50 and in the 930 trans, but find them giving a very hard pedal.
As I understand, Turbokraft package is softer pedal and gives good hold

Looking forward to see your experience on this john
1986 944 Turbo
Old 12-29-2017, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: