Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Car cranks over easily and fires after seconds every time. No alt warning lites so don't think that is the issue. Could a shorting test by grounding the green wire cause damage? I've read that the new coils are Chinese quality and not reliable...true and alternative?? The coil in a 930 is not an easy swap...can i use a loose coil with jumpers without a ground. So far, the onboard kit will be a jumper for the OB relay, new fuel and ignition delay relays, 2nd coil, and maybe a 2nd CDI although I am not sure it can be plugged in without excessive cool down. Appreciate all the tips and Im driving until it fails from here.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

i had a coil just sitting in on my intake for a while, but my car is not stock so I have more room.
I also have an MSD setup so the other coil was wired to the factory wiring, then I could just unplug the MSD and plug in the bosch and just move the coil wire. testing purposes.

the green wire is a coaxial wire. that means there is a wire inside of another wire. they get brittle and crack and the center conductor shorts to the outer conductor.
my opinion, if the wire is the issue I think you would have a miss, maybe not constant, but miss or it would cut off and stay off, perhaps randomly starting.
try wiggling it with it running.

if you have a Chinese coil, I think I would look for another. carry it with you and let the other one fail. you want to know what the problem is or the car is never considered dependable.
the speed relay is a known issue with these cars. it controls the fuel pumps.
another thing to keep an eye on is the OB switch in the IC.

there are other things that can cause this but these are what I would focus on for now.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 01-09-2018, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: