Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/)
-   -   16” tyres (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/982427-16-tyres.html)

SBK930 12-31-2017 12:18 AM

16” tyres
 
Hi all,
Nice to be back.
Had some weird issue with a ban due to spam that had nothing to do with me.
Big thanks to the Pelican staff for sorting it out.

Now on to more pressing issues.
I would love to buy a set of period type fusch race wheels. The only issue is going from the 17” rims I have now to replacing tyres for 16” rims seem to be limited.
Currently running 255 rears and 215 front Toyo proxies 40 and 45s.
Any suggestions for the 16” rims.

Coolest thing is no spacers and deep dish looking rims.

dg567 12-31-2017 10:16 AM

The correct tire for a 9in wide 16in rear fuch is 245 which is available

SBK930 01-01-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg567 (Post 9867524)
The correct tire for a 9in wide 16in rear fuch is 245 which is available

The wheels I am looking at buying are 9” front and 11” rears.
Finding anything that will fit these in 16” wheel is frustrating.

911tracker85 01-02-2018 05:05 AM

I have a set of 8", 9", and 11" x 16" BBS I hope to use on my 930 project. less and less options for tires. will watch your thread for ideas.

good luck.

flightlead404 01-02-2018 05:23 AM

Toyo Proxies R888 are avail in those sizes and are a great tire as far as handling goes.

Dominik 930 01-02-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flightlead404 (Post 9869333)
Toyo Proxies R888 are avail in those sizes and are a great tire as far as handling goes.

This tire is very loud, I would not buy this tire again.
Better is michelin Sport Pilot oder Pirelli

yahh 01-02-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik 930 (Post 9869756)
This tire is very loud, I would not buy this tire again.
Better is michelin Sport Pilot oder Pirelli

You're comparing apples to oranges there. MPSS are nowhere near as sticky as R888's, which are an R-Comp tire geared towards track/autocross use. They are extremely sticky, therefore have road noise. MPSS are a better street tire, but they will not handle track miles.

SBK930 01-02-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flightlead404 (Post 9869333)
Toyo Proxies R888 are avail in those sizes and are a great tire as far as handling goes.

Not sure that is correct flighthead

Proxies 16" come in 245/45 and 255/50.
I do not think they are wide enough to fit on an 11" rim (or recommended).
I found kumho ecsta tyres 265/45/r16 however they do not appear street legal, and more a circuit race type tire.

panzerfaust 01-02-2018 08:16 PM

Pirelli P7 corsa maybe your answer. A few of wide bodies 911-930s run them. Fittings for GRB 037 and S4 Delta's

SBK930 01-02-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfaust (Post 9870373)
Pirelli P7 corsa maybe your answer. A few of wide bodies 911-930s run them. Fittings for GRB 037 and S4 Delta's

Spoke to Stuckey Tyres here in OZ today.
They informed me Pirelli P7 Corsa Classic produce a 315/45/16.
Man they are going to look insane.
Unfortunately not legal.
But am I ever tempted.

To be sure what do you all say for fit if the fronts are 9” and the rears 11”
Front 4’6/8” back space (120mm) and rear 5’1/2” backspace (140mm).

VZ935 01-02-2018 10:11 PM

If this is for a race car then Hoosier has the A7 from 13" to 19" diameter. I have a set in 19" rear and 16" fronts I put on a 935 when I hang a plate on it and take it on the street :)

SBK930 01-03-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VZ935 (Post 9870412)
If this is for a race car then Hoosier has the A7 from 13" to 19" diameter. I have a set in 19" rear and 16" fronts I put on a 935 when I hang a plate on it and take it on the street :)

I wish VZ935

But no, mine is a street “legal” street car in Australia.
Street should be replaced with road car.
Our laws are very strict. eg. we are allowed 25mm wider wheels from stock as long as they do not increase the track by more than 15mm.

I am stoked as to what is allowed there as I am also a passionate Jeep owner having 3 Jeeps 1 porsche. Only due to selling 2 Jeep’s recently. My favourite is my 1980 Chief as we call them here. (2 door fsj).
Made the cover of an Australian Jeep magazine.


http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1514970086.jpg

flightlead404 01-03-2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK930 (Post 9869844)
Not sure that is correct flighthead

Proxies 16" come in 245/45 and 255/50.
I do not think they are wide enough to fit on an 11" rim (or recommended).
I found kumho ecsta tyres 265/45/r16 however they do not appear street legal, and more a circuit race type tire.

I stand corrected. Not sure the proxies are strictly legal either. For sure they are not called a road tire, and road hazard ins is unavailable as I found out on my next drive after purchasing them :-(

Rawknees'Turbo 01-03-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK930 (Post 9867095)
Hi all,
Nice to be back.
Had some weird issue with a ban due to spam that had nothing to do with me.
Big thanks to the Pelican staff for sorting it out.

. . .

Too funny! I saw a post of yours where you made a nice zinger aimed at me (something about me getting coal in my stocking for being nasty :D), and when I came back later to retort, couldn't find the post - guess it got caught up in the massive spamming that has been going on in the forum. :)

On topic - for anyone that has run them, would sport/comp tires (ones with a 200 tread wear), be very short lived on the street - mainly highway commuting type driving? I ask because I have started looking at tire options for the stock wheels and there is a lot more to choose from in the 200 tread wear category.

dg567 01-03-2018 11:19 AM

Rawk those will wear out quickly

SBK930 01-03-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo (Post 9870984)
Too funny! I saw a post of yours where you made a nice zinger aimed at me (something about me getting coal in my stocking for being nasty :D), and when I came back later to retort, couldn't find the post - guess it got caught up in the massive spamming that has been going on in the forum. :)

On topic - for anyone that has run them, would sport/comp tires (ones with a 200 tread wear), be very short lived on the street - mainly highway commuting type driving? I ask because I have started looking at tire options for the stock wheels and there is a lot more to choose from in the 200 tread wear category.

Sorry to disappoint you raw one,
Butt it wasn’t me dropping coal in your sock.

SBK930 01-16-2018 10:38 AM

Wheels arrived
 
My newest purchase has arrived.
16”x9” front 16”x11” rears.
On closer inspection I am unable to determine who made these.
Where should I look to find if they where made by DP Motorsports ?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website


DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.