Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Old car guy.....

Garage
Excellent photography and documentation

I want to raise a drink to all recent project posters for their excellent photography and documentation. As a daily follower I am happy to absorb all of this and am impressed with the detail. I know documenting a project is very time consuming, almost to the point of the project itself. The advise given on these projects is top notch and I keep a file with all the links, charts and photos to keep the search to a minimum.
1981 SC Steel Widebody, DP Lid, 930/51 to 3.2l, K27 7006 Turbo, DOD, P&P Twin Plug heads, Twinfire Ignition, Ruf Intercooler, Powerhaus headers, Zork, CIS Euro FD, 009 injectors, 044 pump, BLwur, 930 4 sp LSD, Mocal 44 w/fan, LM2, Brembo, Retroair, Euromeisters
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Same here, nothing beats a well documented, and updated project thread - like you, appreciate the effort some go to with their wordsmithing. There's a few good ones over on the Engine forum as well, if that's your thing. I agree that it can become a project in itself but one that personally I find immensely rewarding; others seem to like and appreciate the time spent, but it's also a great aide-memoire...these things do drag on sometimes, the number of times I've had to read back through and see how I did it the first time. It's often Cathartic as well...bad evening/weekend in the workshop is best countered with walking away and writing up on the laptop for a few hours. And a cup of tea.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 01-24-2018, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I concur. Without those threads saved here for the rest of us to use as a resource and as inspiration, many of us wouldn't even own these cars after giving up on projects, and certainly wouldn't tackle the projects we have. I know I spent untold hours researching here before I started and looked up stuff virtually every night during my engine out and upgrade a few years ago. Couldn't have done it without both the past documentation and the fast responses by members when I had questions.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Excellent photography and documentation

Ditto to what Jeff wrote and add that Texazz pervert guy as a big help in answering questions.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving

Last edited by 1979-930; 01-24-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Old 01-24-2018, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah agreed - thanks to those guys for taking the time to share with us.
Cheers!
Iain - 1981 930 #642
Old 01-24-2018, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thats what makes this forum work. Invaluable.
I would not have my car running without it. At least I hope it is running. Find out tomorrow :-)
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 01-24-2018, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Ditto here. It was this forum that turned my dream to reality in 2010 when I decided to build my RST hot rod (Evolution of a Carrera RST). Sharing my progress with fellow Pelicans was especially rewarding and educational, since there are no Porsche nuts within 150 miles from where I live.
Cheers,
Johan
Old 01-25-2018, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

The camaraderie on this forum is fantastic and the projects inspiring!
You guys rock!
Yasin
Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Totally agree. I never thought I would take my motor out much less any of the other stuff I have done without these great threads. I am really glad this forums doesn't use photobucket for photos like some others.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian911T View Post
Totally agree. I never thought I would take my motor out much less any of the other stuff I have done without these great threads. I am really glad this forums doesn't use photobucket for photos like some others.
My build thread, unfortunately, does use PhotoBucket....50 forum pages worth! Fingers crossed that at the moment things are ok; any missing pics are my own doing when I've rationalised my PB account to free up space - I need to somehow fix them when I get 5mins.

I dread the day when the images do get turned off....it'll be a "fun" weekend re-hosting them somewhere else and re-linking. Thankfully I've PDF'd each page so I know which photos to replace. I did read on another forum that Photo Bucket and said forum were in negotiation to come up with something less drastic than their current (extortionate) policy, but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen a slightly better "super duper" offer come through on email, but still a fair old chunk of wedge.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 02-08-2018, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I would like to buy a drink for whomever made that 930 wiring diagram with the boost relay diagram that has been circulating here for years
Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: