Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
Great numbers Phillip. So how does the car feel now?
Great John,we picked up some HP with the fuel/boost controller mods... but still can't run the new timing map until I put a V band connection where the upper charge pipe slip joint connection is. I'll send you my new timing map which is similar to what our SDS were programmed at...
__________________
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 08-20-2018, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 700
Nice job, Phillip!

Sounds healthy in the that video!

So you're getting usable info from the knock sensor?
__________________
1986 911 Turbo
3.3L, K27HFS, Tial 46mm, TurboKraft Intercooler, 964 Cams, Monty Muffler, MS3Pro Evo, M&W Ignition, Zietronix WBO2 Data Logger, Wevo shifter, coupler and motor mounts.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinRice View Post
Nice job, Phillip!

Sounds healthy in the that video!

So you're getting usable info from the knock sensor?
Yes, the knock sensor is working as it should... it's a must for the dyno tuning. the ECU is set to pickup knock, and drop ignition accordingly.
__________________
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 08-20-2018, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Turbofrog
 
smurfbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,423
I had a very successful day with mine considering the clutch slip yesterday (possibly oil).

So I dialed the MBC two rounds looser and sucked about one quart oil from the tank and went for a test drive for an hour and a half (autotune and veal for different areas of VE table). I also did some WOT runs and it turned out boost was at 0.55bar and the clutch hold that perfectly and the engine was very NA like so very easy to handle even in corners at WOT.

But I now had a horrid head banger moment (which was my TS 'AFR safe' test for over 1 point leaner than AFR table). Tuned that OFF and dialed WOT richer and then I had sync loss at 4000 rpms. That cured with the resistor that came with my ms3pro (I had forgot to reinstall it after my new wiring setup).

The second test trip was flawless and the engine was very nice all the way to 7000rpms. I like the feeling that you dont have to concentrate on keeping the car on the road like with 1.2 bar so you can drive more sporty this way as its not trying to go sideways and kill you. Aim and shoot is fun in a different way but hard to drive sporty on twisty roads.
__________________
************************************************** *******************************
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38

Last edited by smurfbus; 08-21-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Old 08-21-2018, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)
Turbofrog
 
smurfbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,423
Two weeks later the car has been wonderful. The tune seems to be really good now with EGO OFF at about 17C-25C atmo so hopefully only thing left is to slightly massage MAT correction for colder weather later on. No Idle VE or idle valves of any sort only hand throttle for starts. Over run works good with 39.6kpa set point so it works on third gear now too. Fuel consumption is surprisingly good with E85 as I see it on my TS Sweep-style desktop. Goes from 10L/100km (23mpg) to 15L/100km on cruise depending on gear and speed.

Fixed the speedo with new gear and the fuel gauge seems to work now as I have been trying to drive the tank empty with a canister on the trunk but it keeps going. Before it would stall on 1/4 level and I run out of gas two times. I'm not sure if the light works so it a bit stressful to WAIT for some hick ups.

Still to do: Meth control and possibly boost control. I'm not sure I will do E85 blended tune as E85 is available here on several gas stations and IIRC that would take the MAP for meth if i choose to use a valve/MAP controlled meth injection. Car runs now 0.6 bar boost with MBC which is pretty nice and still quite strong (but does not trigger my 0.7 bar meth solenoid).


__________________
************************************************** *******************************
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 09-03-2018, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
Two weeks later the car has been wonderful. The tune seems to be really good now with EGO OFF at about 17C-25C atmo so hopefully only thing left is to slightly massage MAT correction for colder weather later on. No Idle VE or idle valves of any sort only hand throttle for starts. Over run works good with 39.6kpa set point so it works on third gear now too. Fuel consumption is surprisingly good with E85 as I see it on my TS Sweep-style desktop. Goes from 10L/100km (23mpg) to 15L/100km on cruise depending on gear and speed.

Fixed the speedo with new gear and the fuel gauge seems to work now as I have been trying to drive the tank empty with a canister on the trunk but it keeps going. Before it would stall on 1/4 level and I run out of gas two times. I'm not sure if the light works so it a bit stressful to WAIT for some hick ups.

Still to do: Meth control and possibly boost control. I'm not sure I will do E85 blended tune as E85 is available here on several gas stations and IIRC that would take the MAP for meth if i choose to use a valve/MAP controlled meth injection. Car runs now 0.6 bar boost with MBC which is pretty nice and still quite strong (but does not trigger my 0.7 bar meth solenoid).


I had my meth injection wired to the MS3 pro, but did not have a valve, so it was either completely on/off, put it back to standalone until I can install a valve... the electronic boost controller works nicely. Philip
__________________
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 09-04-2018, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)
Turbofrog
 
smurfbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,423
I think on/off is ok for my smallish nozzle just to ease my small IC on WOT runs. I get 50C MAT on cruise as my MAT sensor is on the manifold.
__________________
************************************************** *******************************
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 09-04-2018, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
I think on/off is ok for my smallish nozzle just to ease my small IC on WOT runs. I get 50C MAT on cruise as my MAT sensor is on the manifold.
Can your post a picture of your intercooler... love the look without the tail.
__________________
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 09-04-2018, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)
Turbofrog
 
smurfbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,423
__________________
************************************************** *******************************
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 09-04-2018, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
That looks amazing... beautiful car.
__________________
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 09-04-2018, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:27 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.