Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

yeah the Porsche seals are not so expensive, but the scrapers are $35 each.

1979 930 - mahle 3.4 (7.5:1),Turbokraft longneck IC, Leask WUR w/rpm solenoid,sc cams, rarlyl8 headers, tial wg, 1 bar boost, GT35R
Old 03-05-2018, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

understand those cheap rebuild kits probably only have dust boots, not scraper rings. not the same. learned that on my 951 when I found some size piston scraper ring NLA for it.

wish I took good pics, but I modified the dust boot to work on the caliper piston where I ruined the scraper rings prying them out. only destroyed that one, then left the scraper rings in place and only replaced the seals on all the others.

a little complicated to explain. but as commented it only keeps dirt out, and I pull/check all my brakes between every DE event. got the 951 in the shop now for the full spring track prep.

good luck.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tracker85 View Post
understand those cheap rebuild kits probably only have dust boots, not scraper rings. not the same. learned that on my 951 when I found some size piston scraper ring NLA for it.

wish I took good pics, but I modified the dust boot to work on the caliper piston where I ruined the scraper rings prying them out. only destroyed that one, then left the scraper rings in place and only replaced the seals on all the others.

a little complicated to explain. but as commented it only keeps dirt out, and I pull/check all my brakes between every DE event. got the 951 in the shop now for the full spring track prep.

good luck.
The URO scraper rings look just like the Porsche ones for the 930 calipers, the place in China probably make all of them.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Ordered a sett so will compare when i get them. It says that it comes complete with scraper rings and seals. And lists the equivalent porsche partnummbers.

https://www.uroparts.com/uro/inventory/show/8867

1979 930 - mahle 3.4 (7.5:1),Turbokraft longneck IC, Leask WUR w/rpm solenoid,sc cams, rarlyl8 headers, tial wg, 1 bar boost, GT35R

Last edited by Jajohnsen; 03-05-2018 at 08:51 AM..
Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Your photos #2 & #3 showing the grooves are pretty edgy to me. If/ when the calipers are completely cleaned and it is clear that the corrosion pitting has compromised some of the three surfaces (especially the bottom ) of the primary seal groove MOVE ON TO NEW OR BETTER CALIPERS! Brakes are not something to compromise over especially with these cars that can generate (and usually do) triple digit speeds.
You and all are worth the money spent for excellent brakes for C..... sake. No messing around in this area.
If you are still unsure then take the calipers to a local expert for verification.

Again, you and that lovely lady in the 1st officer's seat are worth it!
Gman
Old 03-05-2018, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Gman, could not agree more that brakes should be 100%. That's why I startet this thread to get help and opinions from all the great people here

I'm getting a smal dentists mirror so I can inspect all the surfaces of the groves, and also trying to make a small adapter for my sodablaster to get a better "blast" in the grove.

So if any of the surfaces on the grove is compromised the recommendation is to move on to new calipers, or at least get them verified by a local brake shop.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

what was the price from URO? cant figure out how to find that.

your link shows a set for the front, do they also have rear?

I'll have to check them to see if they also have scraper rings for the 951.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

yes, they have the same sett for rears. https://www.uroparts.com/uro/inventory/show/8868

I payed $31 each. Was on sale yeasterday, now it seems to be $47.

google PO-930RBCKIT and you should fine some prices

Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: