Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/)
-   -   I have been away for quite awhile (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/989546-i-have-been-away-quite-awhile.html)

gsmith660 03-05-2018 08:17 AM

I have been away for quite awhile

So what happened to D-Zug I have some of their products and intended on maybe some others provided the prices were right. I knew the lollipops were overpriced in my opinion but other stuff was ok.

full quack 03-05-2018 03:16 PM

Welcome back...

Once you Perouse the forum a little bit again, you will notice it has changed somewhat.

Not good, not bad...just changed. There are quite a few newcomers onboard, and a fair number of old-timer's that are M.I.A.

A number of the old-timer's sold their cars when the getting was good, hence the new arrivals via those purchases, plus some new arrivials just getting into the 930 game.

I haven't seen D-Zug posting in a long time, the last I saw was when he was selling the Bat-mobile. However, I'm sure he is still in the game doing something Porsche.

Nobody can shake off this addiction very easily, it's just a matter of time before a relapse :}

Mark

heliolps2 03-05-2018 03:28 PM

Nobody can shake off this addiction very easily, it's just a matter of time before a relapse :}

Mark[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I sold my yellow turbo and bought a 993. But it wasn't the same, So I bought myself a 964 Turbo the best of both worlds IMO

Helio

heliolps2 03-05-2018 03:38 PM

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1520293079.jpg

1979-930 03-05-2018 04:57 PM

Iím one of the new guys.

I purchased a shift knob from an eBay seller named D-Zug. It may be the same guy.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving

full quack 03-05-2018 05:43 PM

Hey there Derrick,

You've been around awhile now...... and with 1847 posts you don't qualify as a newbie!

Mark

Rawknees'Turbo 03-05-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1979-930 (Post 9950541)
Iím one of the new guys.

Same here! :D

Matt Monson 03-05-2018 06:17 PM

I miss Ronnie. Eric, not so much...

1979-930 03-05-2018 09:55 PM

I have been away for quite awhile

Quote:

Originally Posted by full quack (Post 9950595)
Hey there Derrick,

You've been around awhile now...... and with 1847 posts you don't qualify as a newbie!

Mark

Thanks!

I think itís the fact I feel like I still donít know squat about these cars that makes me feel new.
But Iím learning a lot quickly with the help of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving

gsmith660 03-06-2018 03:33 AM

Thatís funny you say that itís changed but yesterday they were roasting a guy for his take on a project much the same way I got roasted made me decide not to post my new project on here

gsmith660 03-06-2018 03:59 AM

Too bad they went belly up but I suspect it is because they strayed from their core idea for the business which was to bring interesting and innovative parts to the enthusiast without the high price tag they had good ideas but rather than build a line of staple parts at a reasonable price they went after high end stuff and put price tags on the stuff that rivaled zuffenhaus high prices blaming it on high r&d costs some items I wanted was the 935 cross brace the 935 engine bracket and associated stuff but they jacked the price way up on that stuff out of my price range the HID headlights were way over priced I know that because I built a set and had 150 in parts and that included a set of 110 watt driving lights mounted in the bucket also. I bought 2 of the rear reflectors but the carbon fiber one I got installed has the clear chipping off of it so I will have to have it cleared again by a body shop I just hope they can sand it down without destroying it. Oh well I will continue to lurk but don’t know if I will do much more than that thanks for the responses

RarlyL8 03-06-2018 04:57 AM

I see the period on your keyboard still doesn't work well, ha!
The recession then run-up on 930 prices changed the dynamic of this forum, not nearly as much tech talk or chatter in general. Can use all the help it can get!
I wondered if D-Zug would survive given the high end products that had a limited audience. Cool stuff for sure!

slow&rusty 03-06-2018 05:02 AM

I am still around been here now for almost 13 years, I don't contribute technically like I used when I was modifying my 930, but owe a tremendous amount to this great forum and their passionate members/owners. These days, its mostly about maintaining my car and driving it as often as possible.

I pop in every day though to see what's new.

My best - Yasin

gsmith660 03-06-2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RarlyL8 (Post 9950932)
I see the period on your keyboard still doesn't work well, ha!
The recession then run-up on 930 prices changed the dynamic of this forum, not nearly as much tech talk or chatter in general. Can use all the help it can get!
I wondered if D-Zug would survive given the high end products that had a limited audience. Cool stuff for sure!

Your right my punctuation and grammar suck for sure I will be hitting you up for some sort of tailpipe for my turbo so I can shoot flames at the rice burners that ride my butt all the time

full quack 03-06-2018 06:18 AM

Well I've been on the forum since 2007...and even though it has changed somewhat lately, there are still the old reliables out there to give you support and harmless, good natured chiding.

Remember, if someone gets lambasted for their project or advise or whatever....they probably deserve it. It's pretty hard to pull a fast one, here on this forum.

Some of us can still remember "Ronnee" from down under with his JB Welded on roof and blue silcon covered lug nuts.....some people deserve all they get!

Mark

gsmith660 03-06-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by full quack (Post 9950992)
Well I've been on the forum since 2007...and even though it has changed somewhat lately, there are still the old reliables out there to give you support and harmless, good natured chiding.

Remember, if someone gets lambasted for their project or advise or whatever....they probably deserve it. It's pretty hard to pull a fast one, here on this forum.

Some of us can still remember "Ronnee" from down under with his JB Welded on roof and blue silcon covered lug nuts.....some people deserve all they get!

Mark

This guy deserved none of what he got I go by the idea now if I see something I donít like I move on and donít come back, if you donít like how someone does something or know a better way then lay it out in detail with included pics. See Brian I can use a period. Many of the people critical of others work havenít actually done the work themselves or have watched the work done and just want to criticize constructive or otherwise. Hell one guy criticized me because my title said 2 years and I went over that time who knows

Rawknees'Turbo 03-06-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Monson (Post 9950639)
I miss Ronnie. . . .

***forum dating***

icemann427 03-06-2018 10:29 AM

^^^^^^^

Don't scare him away, again, Ronnie...

Miguel Antonett 03-06-2018 03:10 PM

I'm still around as well as the 930 +... Life is good!

Sooooo what do you guys think about having a Turbopalooza reunion for the old and new and catch up with things...?

gsmith660 03-06-2018 03:10 PM

My build this time is going to be a weight reduction on the chassis and hopefully a 3.2 short stroke motor with more boost. I think I will chronical it on Facebook