Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Euro Turbo Door Factory Stickers

Hi Folks,

For Euro/ROW Porsche 930s, does anyone know the translation/meaning of the driver-side door sticker contents? Below you can find an example.

I have a '79 (AMAG) Turbo and I am missing the factory sticker on the door (it was removed when the car was repainted).

I am contemplating the creation of a reproduction sticker (Aase Sales in Ohio can make one), so I need to understand how to correctly create one for my car, based on the VIN/COA and other Porsche archive documentation.

Let me know what you think at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Humberto-

Last edited by hcalvani; 03-15-2018 at 04:35 AM..
Old 03-11-2018, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Folks,

Is there anyone on this forum that has a Euro 1979 Porsche 930 with the emission spec factory sticker (see above, as located by the driver side door)?

I am trying to reconstruct the information for my '79 930 that originally sold at AMAG/Switzerland.

My understanding is that the sticker contains the EC emissions (pollution) information for the car, and that this was not just an AMAG sticker. I am assuming that the sticker was installed by Porsche.

In above example sticker (from a Euro '77 Turbo) the E1 and E2 stands for the Euro pollution norm - as a reference, today’s cars are E5 and E6 (i.e., the engines burn much cleaner).

If you could share a photo of the sticker, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Humberto-

Last edited by hcalvani; 08-16-2018 at 05:40 AM..
Old 08-16-2018, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Interesting thread.
Anyone know what the rest of the numbers/codes mean?
I see some similarity between the pic you posted and the one on my car but still quite a few differences.
Would be interesting if we post pics of our decals and the details of the car...perhaps we can see a trend and figure out what it means.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hi kev01,

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you post a photo of the sticker on your car? What year ROW 930 is it?

I am interested to see what the differences in the sticker contents are.

Thanks in advance,

Humberto-
Old 08-27-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
According to Ryan Snodgrass's excellent book on the early 3.0L 930s, this was an ECE (UN Economic Commission for Europe) sticker that certified that a particular car met specific regulations for sale in various European countries. Evidently starting w/ 1975 model year all 930s delivered in European countries (Germany, Italy, France, etc) had these. E1 refers to Germany regs, E2 for France, etc.

So I don't think these varied from chassis to chassis, and it sounds like one sticker was used for all of European markets (vs something specific to a country like the AMAG metal tags for Swiss cars), but the numbering may have varied from model year to model year based on which regs were certified. The circles in the sticker evidently are a form of tamper proofing, e.g. if you try to remove the sticker to put it elsewhere it'll be destroyed in the process.

I don't know if they're still available, but if you scroll down this page on his site it shows a repro sticker there.
930 Turbo: Parts, Decals, and Accessories
'97 993 Turbo S - Ocean Blue Metallic
'13 981 Boxster (BGB 3.8L 991S conversion) - Racing Yellow
Old 08-29-2018, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

hcalvani: I have the same car and stickers. It appears you have already found your needed data. BTW, the gent in Poland makes the stickers. IF you still need images I can get you an image of mine.

Meanwhile, if you don't mind, what are the specs on your car? Images? I'm asking because there were stories about a special run of '79 930s supplied via AMAG. At one point someone from the Factory said "yes", then "no". Sometimes you have to laugh. Meanwhile I am curious.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: