Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turn Signal ?

I am having a problem with the passenger side front turn signal on my track prepared 1982 930.

Drivers side front and rear work fine, rear passenger side as well.

I have done all the basic stuff

swapped bulb left right - OK
cleaned bulb and socket connections - OK
checked the ground (brown) wire.- seems to have a good solid ground - it goes through the headlight socket to ground

I removed the fixture and have the wires all separated so i can check them. The black with white stripe wire is the turn signal wire. With ignition on and the turn signal activated I get voltage between it and the ground of about 3 volts. This voltage pulsates just like you would expect to see at the turn signal.

Appears i don't have enough voltage to light the light?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

1982 930 Track Car "The Pumpkin"
2002 996tt X50 Lapis Blue Street Machine
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I think That the wire attached to the top of your turn signal fuse lost contact.
Open the fuse box. The fuse "blinker light left" mount has three wires coming to it from top, all three held by the screw painted yellow; one of two thinner wires (red with a black stripe) is loose. You will be able to pull it with your fingers.
You need to stick it back firmly and tighten the screw with a flat screwdriver - do not worry about the yellow paint.
Confirm the wire is tightly held for a good contact.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks. I did check that and thy were OK. it turned out to be the wire from the headlight bucket to the signal. Somewhere in between there was a break. Ran a new wire though and all is well!

1982 930 Track Car "The Pumpkin"
2002 996tt X50 Lapis Blue Street Machine
Old 03-25-2018, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: